Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are all the fookin trees? 15:41 - Jun 12 with 3741 viewsRangersDave

Living oooop north in close to whippet country, i have just decided to go out for the afternoon, to defrag, chill, relax, get some space and air. Perfect.

The neighbour is doing his best to pee people off 25 miles away with his outdoor beat box thats got blown speakers, and has proved that his goes up to 12.
He's busy playing the same garage, gansta shyte almost on repeat, but certainly annoying.

Now , so before i decide to go all 'falling down' on his ass, i thought, lets look at good old google earth and find a forest, woods etc that may just be quiet enough to sit and just relax.

I turn on google earth, and search...... and search..... and search.....

Where the feck are all the trees in this country? ok, some nice forests if your prepared to queue up to get in, or pay for parking or pay the duke of shyte to go i to the grounds of his stately home, but surprisingly for such a 'green and pleasant land' there aint much cover available to us mere mortals.

If you have the time, take a look, this 'green and pleasant land' is only green because of the fields of crops etc.

Looks like i'm gonna have to go 'postal' then instead! Grrrrrrrr

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:48 - Jun 13 with 924 viewsThe_Beast1976

They talk a good game about green policies, the environment etc, but then they relax the planning laws to allow hundreds of thousands of houses/flats/apartments/roads to be built. As the OP highlights, this green and pleasant land is basically a land of fields. I'd be interested to know what it was like (in terms of forests and trees) when the human population was at a stable and sustainable level? Or has it been all fields for centuries?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 18:35]
Where are all the fookin trees? on 18:35 - Jun 15 with 758 viewsBoston

Where are all the fookin trees? on 17:48 - Jun 13 by The_Beast1976

They talk a good game about green policies, the environment etc, but then they relax the planning laws to allow hundreds of thousands of houses/flats/apartments/roads to be built. As the OP highlights, this green and pleasant land is basically a land of fields. I'd be interested to know what it was like (in terms of forests and trees) when the human population was at a stable and sustainable level? Or has it been all fields for centuries?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 18:35]

There is more forest now than any time since before the Industrial Revolution.

Britain has been mainly fields for thousands of years, it may never have had the extensive woodland that existed in central Europe.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:37]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Where are all the fookin trees? on 22:45 - Jun 15 with 695 viewsjohnhoop

Reading this thread makes me grateful that I'm only ten minutes drive away from the areas of ancient woodland in Ruislip/Northwood adjacent to the Lido. The four linked woods-Bayhurst, Mad Bess, Copse and Park Woods-are a real pleasure to walk in and make you feel like you're a lot further away from Central London than you really are.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 12:29 - Jun 16 with 627 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Some very nice trees in Langley Park. Redwoods and Giant sequoias among them. Also Black Park nearby but it’s slightly less interesting somehow.

Farnham Common and Burnham Beeches/Egypt Wood, Littleworth Common and beyond has some very nice areas of woodland. Not always vast areas of trees but little pockets.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Where are all the fookin trees? on 12:37 - Jun 16 with 626 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Where are all the fookin trees’

The northern remake of the famous Joan Baez song.
Where are all the fookin trees? on 13:23 - Jun 16 with 608 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Where are all the fookin trees? on 12:37 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘Where are all the fookin trees’

The northern remake of the famous Joan Baez song.

Joan By-eck!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Where are all the fookin trees? on 13:48 - Jun 16 with 599 viewswood_hoop

Reading this thread I realise how lucky I am, live in a market town of Suffolk, on the doorstep of Gainsborough/Contable country, where I live virtually a five minute walk to open countryside, River Stour flowing by, no big forests but some nice walks through wooded areas.,yet a ten minute walk the other way to town centre.

A good chunk around the town is common land, so the local farmers bring some cows in the summer for grazing , dodging the poo mounds is about the only risk, cows don't seem to mind walkers going inbetween the small herds,
Where are all the fookin trees? on 14:41 - Jun 16 with 577 viewsR_from_afar

Where are all the fookin trees? on 18:35 - Jun 15 by Boston

There is more forest now than any time since before the Industrial Revolution.

Britain has been mainly fields for thousands of years, it may never have had the extensive woodland that existed in central Europe.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:37]

"Britain has been mainly fields for thousands of years, it may never have had the extensive woodland that existed in central Europe".

Vast areas of British woodland were cleared as part of the Neolithic farming revolution about 3500 BC.

Trees are amazing, they purify the air, they are a carbon dioxide sink, they are habitat. I have a large silver birch in my garden and it attracts loads of wildlife. I have also planted wildlife attracting trees like buckthorn, crab apple, hawthorn and rowan. You can make mayblossom sorbet from hawthorn flowers and I was considering doing it because the flowers smell wonderful, but they have mostly faded now. Maybe next year.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Where are all the fookin trees? on 15:41 - Jun 16 with 546 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024