Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville 19:12 - Jul 12 with 8139 viewssaint22

Talking sense again
Asking why when our PM refused to condemn those Booing when players take the knee AGAINST racism last week, we are Surprised that people Post such vile abuse online
As he said it starts at the top
Gary Neville on 16:22 - Jul 20 with 674 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 13:53 - Jul 20 by Bazza

So you support BLM in all its glory, just because racism is one of its targets, surely not?
You are just making a simplistic attempt to deny other viewpoints.

Perhaps this is why you supported Corbyn despite his racism.

If BLM, as a political movement, has a number of strands to it, I can agree or disagree with different parts of it. To the extent that it is an anti-racist protest, I support it.

Taking the knee in the UK, is not so complex. It isn't a political movement. It's just a protest. I support it.

The Labour Party got itself into all sorts of knots around Israel, Palestine and anti-semitism. Corbyn was weak on all that, but I personally don't believe he is either a racist or anti-semite.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Gary Neville on 16:24 - Jul 20 with 674 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 16:15 - Jul 20 by DorsetIan

It might surprise you, but I agree with this.

I don't label anyone who doesn't want to take the knee as racist. It should be a personal choice and given the strength of feeling that was coming out of the England squad, I think it is a personal choice. And if Zaha doesn't agree then he can stance, that's fine.

For what it's worth, I don't label everyone who is booing as racist either. I think many people are just completely misguided and have got themselves so tied up in knots that they are booing their own players' anti-racism protest.

What I object to is (1) people saying that the players are kneeling in support of extremist politics when they are doing no such thing and (2) people then using that as a reason to boo them.

Round in circles or what?

The minute players decided to stand linking arms before the game in support of anti racism, unfurl a banner or something of that nature, I reckon nearly everyone in the ground would applaud.

It’s the inextricable link to BLM and the American bullshit that makes people boo, not anti racism.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Gary Neville on 16:28 - Jul 20 with 668 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 16:15 - Jul 20 by DorsetIan

It might surprise you, but I agree with this.

I don't label anyone who doesn't want to take the knee as racist. It should be a personal choice and given the strength of feeling that was coming out of the England squad, I think it is a personal choice. And if Zaha doesn't agree then he can stance, that's fine.

For what it's worth, I don't label everyone who is booing as racist either. I think many people are just completely misguided and have got themselves so tied up in knots that they are booing their own players' anti-racism protest.

What I object to is (1) people saying that the players are kneeling in support of extremist politics when they are doing no such thing and (2) people then using that as a reason to boo them.

I think we are in agreement. And as you say, the booing could be anything - impatient fans just wanting the game to start, fans not understanding why it only happens in football, fans feeling it isn't making a difference, fans wondering why if we kneel for black people why dont we also do something for gay people (plenty of homophobia about and gay people beaten up and worse), fat people, Chinese people etc. How long would it take to start the game then of we did something for all of them? But let's enjoy agreeing!

[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 16:32]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gary Neville on 16:38 - Jul 20 with 650 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 16:24 - Jul 20 by Bicester_North

Round in circles or what?

The minute players decided to stand linking arms before the game in support of anti racism, unfurl a banner or something of that nature, I reckon nearly everyone in the ground would applaud.

It’s the inextricable link to BLM and the American bullshit that makes people boo, not anti racism.

The players have insisted that there is no link. Yet you and your boo-boy mates insist that there is. And you then use that to justify booing them.

And they saying they are doing it because they are anti-racist. And you and your boo-boys mates complain that it's the wrong sort of anti-racism. And you use that to justify booing them.

And you can't see how mad this is.

Gary Neville on 16:42 - Jul 20 with 642 viewsBison

Gary Neville on 16:28 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

I think we are in agreement. And as you say, the booing could be anything - impatient fans just wanting the game to start, fans not understanding why it only happens in football, fans feeling it isn't making a difference, fans wondering why if we kneel for black people why dont we also do something for gay people (plenty of homophobia about and gay people beaten up and worse), fat people, Chinese people etc. How long would it take to start the game then of we did something for all of them? But let's enjoy agreeing!

Well said Ian and SFJ.

Lets turn football back into a statement of football and protect Danny's knee's.

Edit:

Sorry cant resist this its my sense of humour but should Hamiltons Mercedes take a wheel ?

I'll get my coat and cancel my social media accounts .
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 16:47]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Gary Neville on 16:48 - Jul 20 with 634 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 16:28 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

How many of the stereotypes that you list play football for professional teams? They are highlighting racism as that it the clear problem in the professional football area, hence Kick It Out etc. If and when players come out and receive similar abuse what do you think would happen? Do you imagine that they would include a stand against gay abuse along with their stand against racism? I think they would. As for the time it takes. Probably less than 30 seconds. You would have to queue for a beer for much longer than that. Would they boo the beer queues? Let’s face it, they boo because they don’t like players making a gesture against racism. Perhaps if the players were doing it in protest at the time it takes to buy a beer they would cheer?
Gary Neville on 16:59 - Jul 20 with 629 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 16:48 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

How many of the stereotypes that you list play football for professional teams? They are highlighting racism as that it the clear problem in the professional football area, hence Kick It Out etc. If and when players come out and receive similar abuse what do you think would happen? Do you imagine that they would include a stand against gay abuse along with their stand against racism? I think they would. As for the time it takes. Probably less than 30 seconds. You would have to queue for a beer for much longer than that. Would they boo the beer queues? Let’s face it, they boo because they don’t like players making a gesture against racism. Perhaps if the players were doing it in protest at the time it takes to buy a beer they would cheer?

I would imagine there are plenty of gay players in the game, but fear coming out. The fear of coming out, tells you there is an issue. And remember the taking the knee in football came about when a black man was killed in America. Plenty of homophobic attacks happen here and I think if we are kneeling for black people, we should also be doing something for gay people.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 17:01]

Gary Neville on 17:04 - Jul 20 with 621 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 16:38 - Jul 20 by DorsetIan

The players have insisted that there is no link. Yet you and your boo-boy mates insist that there is. And you then use that to justify booing them.

And they saying they are doing it because they are anti-racist. And you and your boo-boys mates complain that it's the wrong sort of anti-racism. And you use that to justify booing them.

And you can't see how mad this is.

It doesn’t matter what the players say, the link to the USA and BLM is there like it or not.

Stop being anti freedom of speech. Your intolerance of other views is shameful.

By the way, as I’ve said before, I haven’t booed them, but I have no problem with those that want to boo or cheer as I have no fascist tendencies.

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville on 17:23 - Jul 20 with 588 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 16:59 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

I would imagine there are plenty of gay players in the game, but fear coming out. The fear of coming out, tells you there is an issue. And remember the taking the knee in football came about when a black man was killed in America. Plenty of homophobic attacks happen here and I think if we are kneeling for black people, we should also be doing something for gay people.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 17:01]

Well perhaps you should have a word with Mings, Saka, Rashford, Sancho etc to see if they can add that too. You might struggle though because if people can’t understand that this is a stand against racism and think it is all about defunding the police etc, there might be a struggle by throwing in another concept 😉
Gary Neville on 17:37 - Jul 20 with 577 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 17:23 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

Well perhaps you should have a word with Mings, Saka, Rashford, Sancho etc to see if they can add that too. You might struggle though because if people can’t understand that this is a stand against racism and think it is all about defunding the police etc, there might be a struggle by throwing in another concept 😉

I just think that if people can choose to kneel for black people (and I agree they should "if they want to"), then we ought to have some kind of rainbow dance for gay and trans people. It's descriminatory to leave certain groups out, surely.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 17:38]

Gary Neville on 17:41 - Jul 20 with 573 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 17:37 - Jul 20 by Saintsforeverj

I just think that if people can choose to kneel for black people (and I agree they should "if they want to"), then we ought to have some kind of rainbow dance for gay and trans people. It's descriminatory to leave certain groups out, surely.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 17:38]

Ok, how many incidents of gay players being abused have you heard of recently?
Gary Neville on 17:47 - Jul 20 with 564 viewsJaySaint

Gary Neville on 17:41 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

They are too scared to come out, because we are (including you) massive homophobes.

maybe a rainbow dance will change that, and allow a safe-space for them to express themselves?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Gary Neville on 17:47 - Jul 20 with 564 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gary Neville on 17:41 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

There arn't any known gay players out of thousands? 🤔 There arn't any gay players to abuse are there, because they are scared to death about coming out - it's a massive issue in football and society.
I hear plenty of homophobic comments at games and many gay people experience homophobia every day and violence. Are you saying it's not an issue worthy of tackling?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 17:55]

Gary Neville on 19:12 - Jul 20 with 510 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 17:04 - Jul 20 by Bicester_North

It doesn’t matter what the players say, the link to the USA and BLM is there like it or not.

Stop being anti freedom of speech. Your intolerance of other views is shameful.

By the way, as I’ve said before, I haven’t booed them, but I have no problem with those that want to boo or cheer as I have no fascist tendencies.

I'll take the players' word it for it, thanks. They know what they're kneeling for, but you don't seem to be interested in that.

Gary Neville on 19:40 - Jul 20 with 498 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 19:12 - Jul 20 by DorsetIan

I'll take the players' word it for it, thanks. They know what they're kneeling for, but you don't seem to be interested in that.

Go for it Ian. Footballers are well known for their intelligence and model behaviour.

Gary Neville on 21:45 - Jul 20 with 473 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 19:40 - Jul 20 by Bicester_North

Go for it Ian. Footballers are well known for their intelligence and model behaviour.

You should listen to yourself. You bang on about freedom of speech and other people showing fascist tendencies and then you dismiss out of hand the views and intentions of 'footballers' on the basis that they are not intelligent enough for you and behave badly.

Everyone is entitled to freedom of speech unless they contradict you in which case you will decide what they are saying.

Gary Neville on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 468 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 21:45 - Jul 20 by DorsetIan

You should listen to yourself. You bang on about freedom of speech and other people showing fascist tendencies and then you dismiss out of hand the views and intentions of 'footballers' on the basis that they are not intelligent enough for you and behave badly.

Everyone is entitled to freedom of speech unless they contradict you in which case you will decide what they are saying.

See, a bit of encouragement from me to follow your beliefs and you get all sinister, very sinister indeed.

Gary Neville on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 464 viewsDorsetIan

Gary Neville on 22:03 - Jul 20 by Bicester_North

See, a bit of encouragement from me to follow your beliefs and you get all sinister, very sinister indeed.

There's not need to switch to mumbo jumbo. You were making little enough sense already.

Gary Neville on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 457 viewsSadoldgit

Gary Neville on 19:40 - Jul 20 by Bicester_North

Wow! Bit of a generalisation isn’t it? There are plenty of bright footballers. Frank Lampard has an IQ of over 150 and that could get him into MENSA. Ian Dowie is a rocket scientist. Marcus Rashford has achieved more outside of football than many MPs and is clearly a very bright young man.
Gary Neville on 22:25 - Jul 20 with 453 viewsBicester_North

Gary Neville on 22:16 - Jul 20 by Sadoldgit

Wow! Bit of a generalisation isn’t it? There are plenty of bright footballers. Frank Lampard has an IQ of over 150 and that could get him into MENSA. Ian Dowie is a rocket scientist. Marcus Rashford has achieved more outside of football than many MPs and is clearly a very bright young man.

Thanks for pointing that out, I’m aware there are some very clever ones. A bit like Americans.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024