Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast 14:21 - Jul 27 with 13432 viewsStroud_R

If you register with Recast you find you need 500 credits to watch each game (1000 for both games). It costs £5 to buy 500 credits - but there is also a 'Watch and Earn' option whereby if you are prepared to sit through about 5 minutes worth of adverts you can accumulate the 500 credits for one of the matches. Apparently Rangers benefit financially from Recast so I may persevere with this - even if it does seem a bit unusual at first.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/cambridge-united-v-qpr-exclusively-live-on-
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 19:53 - Jul 27 with 3015 viewswood_hoop

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 19:27 - Jul 27 by Sharpy36

recast is working but its a small screen, no good for laptops

Double click on picture to enlarge.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 20:05 - Jul 27 with 2884 views80s_Boy

Dozzell looks good 👌
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 20:26 - Jul 27 with 2739 viewsSharpy36

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 19:53 - Jul 27 by wood_hoop

Double click on picture to enlarge.

Cheers, the pictures worse than the YT one.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 22:33 - Jul 27 with 2141 viewsbarbicanranger

What a mess but at least the club pivoted quickly to make it available via youtube. Hearing Andy and Nick immediately put me at ease even if it was like watching through an empty pint glass.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 22:56 - Jul 27 with 2032 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 22:33 - Jul 27 by barbicanranger

What a mess but at least the club pivoted quickly to make it available via youtube. Hearing Andy and Nick immediately put me at ease even if it was like watching through an empty pint glass.

Zero praise to the club, YouTube or not.

They have opted to hand rights to a tinpot company which is clearly not established enough to be given such an opportunity.

The club needs to do the only thing it should which is renege on the deal.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 23:23 - Jul 27 with 1975 viewsconnell10

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 22:56 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

They have opted to hand rights to a tinpot company which is clearly not established enough to be given such an opportunity.

Totally agree , keep them into touch absolutely terrible.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 03:41 - Jul 28 with 1792 viewsPerthRs

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 22:56 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

80s Boy / Connell 10 I’ve been trying to work this Recast platform out since it was released by the club and as mentioned before I’m still none the wiser, last night’s viewing by Recast is nothing more than a bloody joke and we’ve been sucked into becoming computer nerds just to get credits to watch a game which quite frankly is a waste of time.

Connell 10 the link below is your original post on Recast, you will note that I sent an email to the club regarding this broadcast platform requesting information on the coming season broadcasting of EFL matches to see if Recast would be showing these games as well as QPR+ as this may well be a cheaper option for some fans to watch the game instead of purchasing QPR+ (I’m sticking with QPR+)

To date I have still not had a response to my email requesting this information despite having received 8 read and received receipts, I’ve posted one below that I received from the club I won’t name the other read recipients.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/273569/re-cast-/#

Your message has been delivered to the following recipients:
QPR+ Pass (qprsupport@streamamg.com)
Subject: 2021 Match Broadcasting
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 04:54 - Jul 28 with 1757 viewsbarbicanranger

As an exiled R, I think I will stick to QPR+ this season as well based on today's showing.

Interesting post about your email being forwarded around the club. Recast seems like a great business idea but it clearly does not have the infrastructure to deliver on its model.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 4:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:27 - Jul 28 with 1603 viewsswisscottage

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 04:54 - Jul 28 by barbicanranger

As an exiled R, I think I will stick to QPR+ this season as well based on today's showing.

Interesting post about your email being forwarded around the club. Recast seems like a great business idea but it clearly does not have the infrastructure to deliver on its model.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 4:55]

So QPR+ is not going to be using Recast then ? Recast is entirely separate ?

IF so that's a relief. No one in their right mind who can afford QPR+ should even consider the disaster that is Recast.

There's no way I'd be putting my debit card details through them. almost certainly insecure as a site given how buggy their platform is.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 7:29]
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:33 - Jul 28 with 1580 views80s_Boy

I can't believe that there are people defending Recast on Twitter simply because they issued that crap apology....

Love our club but find sections of the fanbase incredibly unbearable...
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:35 - Jul 28 with 1573 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:27 - Jul 28 by swisscottage

IF so that's a relief. No one in their right mind who can afford QPR+ should even consider the disaster that is Recast.

There's no way I'd be putting my debit card details through them. almost certainly insecure as a site given how buggy their platform is.

The club's intention is to replace QPR+ coverage with Recast.

It can be filed along with the NFTs as part of Hoos' attempts to make us look groovy for the kids...
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 08:21 - Jul 28 with 1511 viewsPerthRs

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:27 - Jul 28 by swisscottage

Swisscottage, I have no idea if QPR+ is going to use the Recast platform that is the question I've been trying to get a bloody answer on from the club, I believe QPR+ takes it's broadcasting from the EFL e.g QPR V Fulham both clubs receive the same broadcast but use their own commentary.

My belief is that Recast is a stand alone broadcaster which seems to have its eggs in more than one basket and has now added the Rs.

I think it remains to be seen if they end up taking the matchday viewing in the short term but I think this looks as if the club could more in that direction at some point possibly for next season. I hope I'm wrong QPR+ has had its problems but nowhere near as bad as that last night.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 08:34 - Jul 28 with 1465 viewsqueensparker

I can only presume that Recast are offering us a bigger slice of the pie, which is why we are looking to change, but it’s clearly a year too early for them to stream proper games to an audience our size, at least. The whole platform is half arsed, unfinished and buggy as hell.

As a long term QPR+ user it’s had its issues, but for the whole of lockdown was superb and not a single problem. We’d be mad to move now. Live streaming is now a lifeline for a large part of our support - many of whom aren’t IT wizards - and it needs to work flawlessly if you’re going to ask for cash.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 08:50 - Jul 28 with 1417 viewsSK_hoops

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:35 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

It can be filed along with the NFTs as part of Hoos' attempts to make us look groovy for the kids...

Brilliant.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 09:31 - Jul 28 with 1325 viewsconnell10

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 08:50 - Jul 28 by SK_hoops

Brilliant.

WTF are NFT,S??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 09:44 - Jul 28 with 1274 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 09:31 - Jul 28 by connell10

WTF are NFT,S??

The short answer?

They're the latest Emperor's New Clothes for people with loads of money but a deficiency of common sense...

The long:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56371912
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 09:53 - Jul 28 with 1250 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 08:21 - Jul 28 by PerthRs

Swisscottage, I have no idea if QPR+ is going to use the Recast platform that is the question I've been trying to get a bloody answer on from the club, I believe QPR+ takes it's broadcasting from the EFL e.g QPR V Fulham both clubs receive the same broadcast but use their own commentary.

My belief is that Recast is a stand alone broadcaster which seems to have its eggs in more than one basket and has now added the Rs.

I think it remains to be seen if they end up taking the matchday viewing in the short term but I think this looks as if the club could more in that direction at some point possibly for next season. I hope I'm wrong QPR+ has had its problems but nowhere near as bad as that last night.

Is your question not answered in the original club statement? The future integration with the platform will be determined by the success of fans engagement with its subsidiary media content on there (which the whole enterprise is intended to monetise).

Regardless of last night's clusterfck it seems obvious it won't ever entirely replace the club's own streaming of competitive matches, even if it were a roaring success years down the line.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-announce-partnership-with-recast/

“Recast will complement our existing channels initially, but our plan is to utilise Recast’s platform more down the line as our supporters become more au fait with the platform."
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1226 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 09:53 - Jul 28 by rsonist

Is your question not answered in the original club statement? The future integration with the platform will be determined by the success of fans engagement with its subsidiary media content on there (which the whole enterprise is intended to monetise).

Regardless of last night's clusterfck it seems obvious it won't ever entirely replace the club's own streaming of competitive matches, even if it were a roaring success years down the line.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-announce-partnership-with-recast/

“Recast will complement our existing channels initially, but our plan is to utilise Recast’s platform more down the line as our supporters become more au fait with the platform."

Sorry, but you have been very selective with that quote....

It goes on to say that there is a 'view [for Recast] to host [matches] exclusively'.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1234 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 07:35 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

85p in the £ for advertising revenue from original content that currently has to be written off as a marketing expense is what groovy kids love most, yeah.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:03 - Jul 28 with 1217 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:01 - Jul 28 by rsonist

85p in the £ for advertising revenue from original content that currently has to be written off as a marketing expense is what groovy kids love most, yeah.

Sorry, I don't think the 'kids' care one iota about revenue either way.

The club have chosen this platform because of the promise to earn credits by watching videos which will attract, in their opinion, younger fans... Even Stevie Wonder can see that.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 1220 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:01 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

Sorry, but you have been very selective with that quote....

It goes on to say that there is a 'view [for Recast] to host [matches] exclusively'.

[matches] should be "match highlights" there, selection guy.

View means view.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:08 - Jul 28 with 1209 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:03 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

Sorry, I don't think the 'kids' care one iota about revenue either way.

The club have chosen this platform because of the promise to earn credits by watching videos which will attract, in their opinion, younger fans... Even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Lol what.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:16 - Jul 28 with 1152 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:08 - Jul 28 by rsonist

Lol what.

It's easy, Mr I defended Recast on Twitter last night!

* The club want to be seen to be following trends that will make them seem 'cool' to younger fans

* This is evident with NFTs for example

* The club have tapped into the thought that young fans want to be having more 'active' with their engagements with the club.

* Recast allows fans to 'earn' credits by watching and sharing content

* This is something the club have identified as something which will be attractive younger fans

* Therefore the club have identified Recast as a perfect platform to host content on and possibly matches though you are right that it only says 'highlights' at present.

* Therefore the club are going to stick it out for a bit longer with Recast despite the fact it is obvious that they are shit and will be more than likely gone at the end of the season
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:19]
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:44 - Jul 28 with 1076 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:16 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

* The club want to be seen to be following trends that will make them seem 'cool' to younger fans

* The club have tapped into the thought that young fans want to be having more 'active' with their engagements with the club.

* This is something the club have identified as something which will be attractive younger fans

* Therefore the club have identified Recast as a perfect platform to host content on and possibly matches though you are right that it only says 'highlights' at present.

* Therefore the club are going to stick it out for a bit longer with Recast despite the fact it is obvious that they are shit and will be more than likely gone at the end of the season

I would definitely say that under-25s expect material to be available digitally free of charge and don't mind watching. load of ads or having their data mined If that's the price to pay. They simply won't pay to watch and resent any attempt to make them. So I see your point.

It does require there to actually be some digital material to watch in the first place, though.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:48 - Jul 28 with 1069 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:16 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

Look I'm sorry but if you truly believe the club are going all-out to leverage their content for the thrill of the chase in itself for collecting and managing meaningless non-transferable tokens, which then somehow translates to new fan engagement, you don't know what day it is on what planet.

You should probably see if Recast are hiring though, bet they'd love that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024