Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast 14:21 - Jul 27 with 13431 viewsStroud_R

If you register with Recast you find you need 500 credits to watch each game (1000 for both games). It costs £5 to buy 500 credits - but there is also a 'Watch and Earn' option whereby if you are prepared to sit through about 5 minutes worth of adverts you can accumulate the 500 credits for one of the matches. Apparently Rangers benefit financially from Recast so I may persevere with this - even if it does seem a bit unusual at first.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/cambridge-united-v-qpr-exclusively-live-on-
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:53 - Jul 28 with 1201 viewsLythamR

seems recast works fine as long as nobody or almost nobody is using it

I just got an email inviting me to watch last nights highlights for 15 credits

Nothing in the email apologising or even recognising last nights cock up.

so i clicked the link and thought i better earn some more credits and then watch it

when i follow the instructions. click on Me then open wallet then select "watch and Earn" i get a message saying "Nothing to watch right now". "There are no watch and earn videos for you at the moment. Come back soon!"

Honestly you cant make this up its incredibly embarrassing. and they still want to charge me 15 credits to watch the highlights despite me wasting an hour yesterday trrying to get the thing to work!
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:54 - Jul 28 with 1200 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:48 - Jul 28 by rsonist

Look I'm sorry but if you truly believe the club are going all-out to leverage their content for the thrill of the chase in itself for collecting and managing meaningless non-transferable tokens, which then somehow translates to new fan engagement, you don't know what day it is on what planet.

You should probably see if Recast are hiring though, bet they'd love that.

I'm not saying that the club's entire MO is now designed to entice younger fans or keep them involved in the club, but I think you're being niave if you don't see the creation of QPR NFTs and the partnership with Recast is designed almost exclusively to tap into youth trends and, as CiderwithRsie articulated far better than I did, the trend among a certain demographic to want things for free, for the latter, of course.

That is so obvious that I'm amazed we're even debating it to be completely honest.

Enjoy the rest of your day mate

[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:54]
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:09 - Jul 28 with 1113 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 10:54 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

I'm not saying that the club's entire MO is now designed to entice younger fans or keep them involved in the club, but I think you're being niave if you don't see the creation of QPR NFTs and the partnership with Recast is designed almost exclusively to tap into youth trends and, as CiderwithRsie articulated far better than I did, the trend among a certain demographic to want things for free, for the latter, of course.

That is so obvious that I'm amazed we're even debating it to be completely honest.

Enjoy the rest of your day mate

[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:54]

I would suggest naivety is projecting the all newfangled stuff you're not into onto The Kids.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:13 - Jul 28 with 1088 viewsrsonist

The club could (apparently should) just have easily gone a QPaRler route and marketed it like "Take back control from the MSM and make sure us and not the 12 foot lizards get your money instead".
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 11:13]
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:17 - Jul 28 with 1072 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:09 - Jul 28 by rsonist

I would suggest naivety is projecting the all newfangled stuff you're not into onto The Kids.

If you think many over 30s are bothered enough about QPR to watch endless videos of Albert Adomah shooting arrows, Charlie Austin completing 'crossbar challenges' or Lyndon Dykes talking about his latest haircut just to watch Cambridge vs QPR friendlies for free then we have very different experiences in life...
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:24 - Jul 28 with 1052 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:17 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

If you think many over 30s are bothered enough about QPR to watch endless videos of Albert Adomah shooting arrows, Charlie Austin completing 'crossbar challenges' or Lyndon Dykes talking about his latest haircut just to watch Cambridge vs QPR friendlies for free then we have very different experiences in life...

Shifting the topic to the content itself from the motives behind its technical delivery is only proving my point.

In any case that is stuff you "pay" via credits to watch, not be credited for watching.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:25 - Jul 28 with 1044 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:24 - Jul 28 by rsonist

Shifting the topic to the content itself from the motives behind its technical delivery is only proving my point.

In any case that is stuff you "pay" via credits to watch, not be credited for watching.

We're never going to agree on this and it will become boring to other site users if we carry on.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:28 - Jul 28 with 1025 viewsrsonist

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 11:25 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

We're never going to agree on this and it will become boring to other site users if we carry on.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

🇱
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 14:38 - Jul 29 with 757 viewsPinnerPaul

Club have now said that they are in dialogue with Recast. All credits, both virtual and real are to be refunded and the Leicester game now available on QPR+ for a fiver (Previously you had to buy both Man U & Leicetsr games for £8.99.)

Interesting to see how this pans out
Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 14:48 - Jul 29 with 734 views80s_Boy

Cambridge and Leicester Matches on Recast on 14:38 - Jul 29 by PinnerPaul

Club have now said that they are in dialogue with Recast. All credits, both virtual and real are to be refunded and the Leicester game now available on QPR+ for a fiver (Previously you had to buy both Man U & Leicetsr games for £8.99.)

Interesting to see how this pans out

I think it's a bold statement from the club that this is no longer available on Recast....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024