Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC 19:45 - Aug 4 with 13752 viewsRAFCBLUE

From the forum.

The club have reported the potential investors for discriminatory comments made.

Disgraceful that in the current day and age people make discriminatory comments and well done to the Board for taking the steps to properly report these to the EFL.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 22:40 - Aug 8 with 3622 viewsRAFCBLUE

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 19:27 - Aug 8 by D_Alien

Indeed

It's as if the EFL are bending over backwards to try to accommodate those with dubious intentions rather than making it clear that anything other than straight-dealing immediate proof of funding gained by easily-proven legitimate means is the only criterion by which the F&P ownership test can be passed

Any other attempts to gain ownership of a club should be dismissed until such time as those conditions are met - and that wouldn't happen overnight. Instead, the EFL seem to have taken the burden of proving someone ISN'T Fit & proper upon themselves, which i'd suggest they have neither the time or resources to do

Were it not for the work undertaken by Dale fans in providing so much relevant information regarding those trying to acquire ownership of our club, i very much doubt they'd have managed to fulfil their own remit (and they haven't, as yet). They've failed to do so with other clubs with dire consequences
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 19:30]

Can't disagree about the other clubs DA - they have been let down, none more so than the folks down the road in BL9.

Here though the EFL job is a little tougher than usual, due to the fact that those creating the takeover noises don't actually have 50% of the club or, for that matter, any shares at all transferred only "options" to buy on a conditional basis.

The EFL test kicks in at 30% as that is what the EFL deem a controlling interest, but completely disregards the Trust's position that they are at a minimum of 50.7%, 42% within the Jarvis/Curran/Rose camp so 7.3% unaccounted for which will broadly be fans between 1 and 1000 shares.

That for me makes it something like 58% vs 42% in favour of the supporters Trust.

There are wider concerns about the heritage of source of the money but with Humphreys sold, Rathbone sold you can only believe that the finances of the club are in good shape and so the money being purported as needed really actually isn't.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 10:37 - Aug 9 with 3308 viewsfermin

Has anyone contacted this organisation?

https://www.fairgameuk.org/about
https://www.fairgameuk.org/our-structure

I see Dale are not a member but Bury AFC are!

I don't know how much influence they have.
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:07 - Aug 9 with 3102 viewsvisualman

Here an email I got from the EFL today

Thank you for your email, we note your comments and your concern.

The EFL continues to work with Rochdale AFC, Morton House Mgt and First Form Construction Limited alongside a number of other individuals in relation to applications under the EFL’s Owners’ and Directors‘ Test.

Based on discussions to date, the EFL has reserved its position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the Club and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations.

In relation to your query regarding comments allegedly made, any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made.

Any further comment will be made at an appropriate time

Not much has been added but I wanted them to know our position that we don't want this take over
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:16 - Aug 9 with 3066 viewsDaleiLama

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:07 - Aug 9 by visualman

Here an email I got from the EFL today

The EFL continues to work with Rochdale AFC, Morton House Mgt and First Form Construction Limited alongside a number of other individuals in relation to applications under the EFL’s Owners’ and Directors‘ Test.

Based on discussions to date, the EFL has reserved its position in respect of any matters arising out of the ongoing situation at the Club and will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations.

In relation to your query regarding comments allegedly made, any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made.

Any further comment will be made at an appropriate time

Not much has been added but I wanted them to know our position that we don't want this take over

It looks like more or less a copy paste template tweaked according to the initial "concern" (mine was sent before Currans' comments)

Any further comment will be made at an appropriate time.
Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:40 - Aug 9 with 3012 viewsNafelad

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:16 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

It looks like more or less a copy paste template tweaked according to the initial "concern" (mine was sent before Currans' comments)

Any further comment will be made at an appropriate time.
Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Based on the inadequate responses from the EFL, I would say that the EFL are not 'fit for purpose', and are not passing the directors'/managers' (of the League) test.

Topcat

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 15:03 - Aug 9 with 2945 viewsDaleiLama

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:40 - Aug 9 by Nafelad

Based on the inadequate responses from the EFL, I would say that the EFL are not 'fit for purpose', and are not passing the directors'/managers' (of the League) test.

To me they seem to be keeping a watching brief.

Then again, I don't know all the rules about the FPP test. As Morton House has no shares at present, can they be formally and officially evaluated? If the EFL did that to every name with no shares that crossed their desk , they might spend all day evaluating potential owners. Not defending the EFL, just speculating.

In our case, we know there have been discussions. We just don't know at what stage that process is at. If it has been formalised by the intended purchasers and the EFL were still sitting on their hands, I would be very disappointed. If the process had not been formalised yet, I could see why the statements coming out seem very wishy washy and take a sitting on the fence type stance. It's frustrating just sitting and waiting.

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 17:46 - Aug 9 with 2791 views49thseason

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 15:03 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

To me they seem to be keeping a watching brief.

Then again, I don't know all the rules about the FPP test. As Morton House has no shares at present, can they be formally and officially evaluated? If the EFL did that to every name with no shares that crossed their desk , they might spend all day evaluating potential owners. Not defending the EFL, just speculating.

In our case, we know there have been discussions. We just don't know at what stage that process is at. If it has been formalised by the intended purchasers and the EFL were still sitting on their hands, I would be very disappointed. If the process had not been formalised yet, I could see why the statements coming out seem very wishy washy and take a sitting on the fence type stance. It's frustrating just sitting and waiting.

I think we would be well advised to spend time reading the EFL rules and regulations.
The governance secion is over 130 pages and covers many of the concerns we have about where the EFL stands on a vatriety of issues.

My concern is that the EFL might choose to throw us under the bus rather than confront the people wanting to buy the club head-on and in court if neccessary.

Knowledge is power, we may need to hold the EFL to account at some point. Belonging to a club and not knowing the membership rules is a folly we cannot afford.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 17:52 - Aug 9 with 2768 viewsNafelad

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 17:46 - Aug 9 by 49thseason

I think we would be well advised to spend time reading the EFL rules and regulations.
The governance secion is over 130 pages and covers many of the concerns we have about where the EFL stands on a vatriety of issues.

My concern is that the EFL might choose to throw us under the bus rather than confront the people wanting to buy the club head-on and in court if neccessary.

Knowledge is power, we may need to hold the EFL to account at some point. Belonging to a club and not knowing the membership rules is a folly we cannot afford.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/

Sounds like you're happy to play by the rules, risk The Dale being taken over and 'do a Bury'.

Topcat

Login to get fewer ads

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 2728 views49thseason

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 17:52 - Aug 9 by Nafelad

Sounds like you're happy to play by the rules, risk The Dale being taken over and 'do a Bury'.

Nope, but I think,we need to know the rules of the club we are members of, so that we can hold them to account if they dont follow their own rules. Or if they attempt to "interpret" them to mean something else. Following the bury debacle, it seems we can take nothing for granted, nor should we. Personally I do not tust the EFL. I dont know them and have never dealt with them but I think there is too much money involved which inevitably attracts people who like position and power more than people with honest, unambiguous intentions . Bottomley is a case in point. His coziness with the EFL was a red flag. He was paid by RAFC but he clearly loved his involvment with the EFL more. Why would we think he is an isolated case?
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 18:23 - Aug 9 with 2682 viewsNafelad

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 18:09 - Aug 9 by 49thseason

Nope, but I think,we need to know the rules of the club we are members of, so that we can hold them to account if they dont follow their own rules. Or if they attempt to "interpret" them to mean something else. Following the bury debacle, it seems we can take nothing for granted, nor should we. Personally I do not tust the EFL. I dont know them and have never dealt with them but I think there is too much money involved which inevitably attracts people who like position and power more than people with honest, unambiguous intentions . Bottomley is a case in point. His coziness with the EFL was a red flag. He was paid by RAFC but he clearly loved his involvment with the EFL more. Why would we think he is an isolated case?

You've made your point very well. Obviously, I agree with your concerns about the EFL looking after the interests of the member clubs.

Topcat

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 22:55 - Aug 9 with 2395 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12057508

This is Ignite Strength and Fitness. At 30th June 2020 it's net assets were £141. I don't know about Darrell Rose being "involved"; I'm imagine for two pints and a couple of packets of crisps a takeover could be agreed!

Declan Cairns looks to be to be an aspiring boxer.

His marketing is slick, the PR machine in full operation - "undefeated" - fought twice and won twice - not fought in 2021 so far. Not sure any of the lads coming back from Tokyo with medals would be troubled by him but fair play to the young man - "settling it in the boxing ring" as we know is the preferred dispute resolution method of Rose and Curran from the EFL meeting.

Declan Cairns nickname is "The Choirboy" which puts him having a lot in common with Alexander Jarvis as both like to sing like a canary!

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 23:03 - Aug 9 with 2373 viewsbartheslobotomy

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 22:55 - Aug 9 by RAFCBLUE

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12057508

This is Ignite Strength and Fitness. At 30th June 2020 it's net assets were £141. I don't know about Darrell Rose being "involved"; I'm imagine for two pints and a couple of packets of crisps a takeover could be agreed!

Declan Cairns looks to be to be an aspiring boxer.

His marketing is slick, the PR machine in full operation - "undefeated" - fought twice and won twice - not fought in 2021 so far. Not sure any of the lads coming back from Tokyo with medals would be troubled by him but fair play to the young man - "settling it in the boxing ring" as we know is the preferred dispute resolution method of Rose and Curran from the EFL meeting.

Declan Cairns nickname is "The Choirboy" which puts him having a lot in common with Alexander Jarvis as both like to sing like a canary!

I would imagine there is some scrabbling around now to hide or delete any images that may be online of 'The Choirboy' with Darrell Rose.

We know that Darrell, Andy Curran et al don't like to be seen. Luckily the internet never forgets.... if the images existed yesterday, and exist today, they will still exist somewhere tomorrow.
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 15:43 - Aug 10 with 2138 views_Windydale

I think the homophobic jibe story has made it to the front page of the observer tomorrow.
EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 08:55 - Aug 19 with 1641 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

seems to be a fair amount of press interest this week - lots of queries coming in on social media, so giving these threads a bump.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:09 - Aug 19 with 1566 viewsDaleiLama

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 18:09 - Aug 9 by 49thseason

Interesting that the EFL are tweeting this to Dale fans

whilst at the same time only keeping a 'watching brief' on developments and not breaking cover on the hostile takeover by using their powers. Seems like they are intentionally ignoring the fact that the two are inextricably linked by their inaction, and this type of communication is at best an example of mixed messaging and at worst worrying. If you are exhorting us to buy tickets to see our team #EFL, then make damn sure it's going to stay our team and put out s statement to that effect.

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:13 - Aug 19 with 1546 viewsTVOS1907

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:09 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

whilst at the same time only keeping a 'watching brief' on developments and not breaking cover on the hostile takeover by using their powers. Seems like they are intentionally ignoring the fact that the two are inextricably linked by their inaction, and this type of communication is at best an example of mixed messaging and at worst worrying. If you are exhorting us to buy tickets to see our team #EFL, then make damn sure it's going to stay our team and put out s statement to that effect.

It's been tweeted to all their clubs, with the crest, image, team name and colours changed accordingly.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:14 - Aug 19 with 1546 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:09 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

Our bad... we had missed that one.

Just got onto it - feel free to add your own thoughts. We need to support & encourage the EFL to do the right thing.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 10:03 - Aug 20 with 1292 viewsDaleiLama

EFL receive formal complaint against potential investors from RAFC on 14:14 - Aug 19 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

Our bad... we had missed that one.

Just got onto it - feel free to add your own thoughts. We need to support & encourage the EFL to do the right thing.

As TVOS said above, this seems to be a generic campaign but it still sticks in the craw of this Daley and I wont be clicking on any of their links or supporting them in any way until they break cover and show support us. I'm not holding my breath. And it's a no from me on Boundary Park thanks. In the armageddon scenario, I'll be watching Glossop North End in the future. Beat Runcorn Linnets 3-1 and host Kendal Town in an FA Cup preliminary round tie tomorrow.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024