Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon deliveries 10:27 - Aug 9 with 5307 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,

Something ive noticed recently regarding Amazon and wondered if any of you have had the same exoeriences?

i have, in the last 6 months, purchased quite a bit from Amazon, and my first gripe is that there is an awful lot of items sold there that are delivery from China, but they dont tell you that when you order. i purchased a lens for my camera at a good, but not outstanding price, and it offered next day delivery or standard.... i chose standard and on checkout the delivery was quoted as 4 weeks. Knowing that item was available in UK shops, i did some digging and it was being supplied as a 'grey' import from Hong Kong!

secondly, ive noticed that items with a 2-6 week delivery, if you try and cancel the order, you get the item the following day.

Or is it just me, and my old, fading, mind. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Amazon deliveries on 14:04 - Aug 15 with 1127 viewsdmm

Amazon deliveries on 13:54 - Aug 15 by TacticalR

I see Mr. Loach has been purged from the Labour Party.

Yet another decision exposing Starmer's real political beliefs.
Amazon deliveries on 15:05 - Aug 15 with 1071 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amazon deliveries on 13:54 - Aug 15 by TacticalR

I see Mr. Loach has been purged from the Labour Party.

Mr Loach got the better deal in that transaction IMO.
Amazon deliveries on 20:58 - Aug 15 with 1014 viewsGloryHunter

Amazon deliveries on 13:25 - Aug 15 by dmm

I do apologise as it was me that suggested ABE. As you'll have seen from this thread I wasn't aware it has been bought by bloody Amazon until it was pointed out.

The current events happening in Afghanistan have also piqued my interest in The Great Game and I intend watching Rory Stewart's two documentary that's on Youtube. I don't normally like Stewart but think this piece of work is good.

Unfortunately my Abe Books order seems to have been a channel for AwesomeBooks (mentioned by QPRSteve). Already my "7 to 15 working days" delivery date is now 5th September, and Trustpilot lists them as: "We’ve found out that this company’s use of the Trustpilot brand is misleading. The company is not displaying the most up-to-date ratings, TrustScore or reviews on their website. We wanted to let you know that this company hasn’t been playing by the rules. We take the integrity of our platform very seriously, and when we uncover misuse, we put a stop to it."

Oh well, I've only spent £3.18 on the book. Hopefully it will arrive eventually. I didn't realise that the second-hand book market was such a minefield.
Amazon deliveries on 22:17 - Aug 15 with 962 viewsCiderwithRsie

Amazon deliveries on 14:04 - Aug 15 by dmm

Yet another decision exposing Starmer's real political beliefs.

Although, as someone pointed out to me today, Keir Starmer worked for the McLibel Two for nothing while Ken Loach made an advert for MaccyDs for cash.

Apparently Loach previously tried to resign from Labour over the Iraq War but it turned out he wasn't a member. Member in the Corbyn years only.
Amazon deliveries on 08:34 - Aug 16 with 851 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amazon deliveries on 22:17 - Aug 15 by CiderwithRsie

Although, as someone pointed out to me today, Keir Starmer worked for the McLibel Two for nothing while Ken Loach made an advert for MaccyDs for cash.

Apparently Loach previously tried to resign from Labour over the Iraq War but it turned out he wasn't a member. Member in the Corbyn years only.

Ken publicly expressed sincere regret about that advert and has given more than the fee for that advert back into community filmmaking and youth development schemes.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 9:05]
Amazon deliveries on 18:57 - Aug 19 with 660 viewsGloryHunter

Amazon deliveries on 20:58 - Aug 15 by GloryHunter

Unfortunately my Abe Books order seems to have been a channel for AwesomeBooks (mentioned by QPRSteve). Already my "7 to 15 working days" delivery date is now 5th September, and Trustpilot lists them as: "We’ve found out that this company’s use of the Trustpilot brand is misleading. The company is not displaying the most up-to-date ratings, TrustScore or reviews on their website. We wanted to let you know that this company hasn’t been playing by the rules. We take the integrity of our platform very seriously, and when we uncover misuse, we put a stop to it."

Oh well, I've only spent £3.18 on the book. Hopefully it will arrive eventually. I didn't realise that the second-hand book market was such a minefield.

All is well. My Abe Books / AwesomeBooks book arrived today (or maybe even yesterday - I was away) in good time and good condition. I wonder how much of my £3.18 was creamed off by Evil Amazon?
Amazon deliveries on 00:01 - Aug 26 with 551 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Amazon deliveries on 13:50 - Aug 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sort of off tangent but not really.

Great Ken Loach film here:

Now on Netflix!

Seen “Sorry We Missed You” on Netflix yet?

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81080726?s=i&trkid=13747225&vlang=en&am
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024