Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells post-match 06:12 - Sep 19 with 2589 viewsstainrods_elbow

DId anyone see him on the turf at the final whistle? Classy not to celebrate his goal too much, but he looked devastated. Is he still in love with us?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wells post-match on 11:38 - Sep 19 with 2159 viewsEsox_Lucius

After all the player congratulations etc. he made a point of walking past all the R's fans still in the ground applauding them. The way his spell at the Robins has gone I imagine he doesn't have a great deal of love for Burnley as all the indicators at the time were that he wanted to run down his contract and join us on a free. He played some of the best football of his career in his second spell with us and he would be loving it at the KPFS this season.

The grass is always greener.

Wells post-match on 15:03 - Sep 19 with 1896 viewsbosh67

He's a class act. Real shame we couldn't afford to keep him. Wish him well. Excellent pro.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells post-match on 15:08 - Sep 19 with 1872 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'd definitely have taken him back (on loan or otherwise), as I have the feeling he's a better all-round player than Gray, and certainly witjh a better goalscoring record at a mediocre Brizzle than Gray had at Watford. I hope Andre can flourish with us, though, of course, albeit he didn't do a great deal yesterday.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 15:09]

Wells post-match on 15:40 - Sep 19 with 1782 viewsBoston

Was it just me, I thought it was common knowledge he wanted back to Loftus Rd?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wells post-match on 19:08 - Sep 19 with 1516 viewsHarbour

Thought the clap we gave him when he came on was class I saw he did not celebrate the goal and good to hear he stayed and clapped us at the end. Great shame and sickening it was his goal that won it. Good player not worth the fee Bristol paid for him. Still remember that penalty he missed at 3-4..
Wells post-match on 13:59 - Sep 20 with 1084 viewsMungoJezza

I noticed some time ago that any official Rangers related Instagram post seems to get a like from Mr Wells. His demeanour on Saturday (not celebrating the goal, applauding the Rangers fans) only adds to the inference that his love affair with the club is far from over!! Personally, I would have him over any of our current strikers. He suits our style of play, and clearly made a big impression with players, staff and the majority of the fans. As with Freeman, Manning and BOS, he might well regret how things have panned out since his move away.....
Wells post-match on 14:06 - Sep 20 with 1064 viewssparkey

Wells post-match on 13:59 - Sep 20 by MungoJezza

I noticed some time ago that any official Rangers related Instagram post seems to get a like from Mr Wells. His demeanour on Saturday (not celebrating the goal, applauding the Rangers fans) only adds to the inference that his love affair with the club is far from over!! Personally, I would have him over any of our current strikers. He suits our style of play, and clearly made a big impression with players, staff and the majority of the fans. As with Freeman, Manning and BOS, he might well regret how things have panned out since his move away.....

Definitely wouldnt take him over Dykes. People seem to forget how mediocre he was for the majority of his time for us. His spell in January and hattrick against Cardiff tricks a lot of QPR fans into thinking he was better than he was.
Wells post-match on 14:41 - Sep 20 with 986 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wells post-match on 14:06 - Sep 20 by sparkey

Definitely wouldnt take him over Dykes. People seem to forget how mediocre he was for the majority of his time for us. His spell in January and hattrick against Cardiff tricks a lot of QPR fans into thinking he was better than he was.

What are you on? 13 goals in 26 games for us in his second spell is the kind of mediocre I'd love to have at the club! Dykes has done OK (blown hot and cold) so far, Charlie has one solitary goal and has already missed as many games as he's played I think, and, while Gray helps, I'll be (happily) surprised if he gets more than 10 goals for us during his loan. Already, Warburton's 'be more clinical' mantra is starting to sound a bit frayed round the edges. Does he think they're missing on purpose?

Having said that, we're 2nd top scorers in the division owing to some great contributions from all over the park - long may it continue! At the same time, if we had a Swift or a Mitrovic yesterday up top, we'd surely have won at a canter.

Login to get fewer ads

Wells post-match on 14:54 - Sep 20 with 952 viewssparkey

Wells post-match on 14:41 - Sep 20 by stainrods_elbow

What are you on? 13 goals in 26 games for us in his second spell is the kind of mediocre I'd love to have at the club! Dykes has done OK (blown hot and cold) so far, Charlie has one solitary goal and has already missed as many games as he's played I think, and, while Gray helps, I'll be (happily) surprised if he gets more than 10 goals for us during his loan. Already, Warburton's 'be more clinical' mantra is starting to sound a bit frayed round the edges. Does he think they're missing on purpose?

Having said that, we're 2nd top scorers in the division owing to some great contributions from all over the park - long may it continue! At the same time, if we had a Swift or a Mitrovic yesterday up top, we'd surely have won at a canter.

You are right, 13 in 26 is very good. However about 6 of those goals were in that January spell and the previous season he scored 7 in 40. I really liked Nahki Wells but I just think most people only remember his last month and completely disregard the previous 12. Similar with Dykes, everyone seems to only remember his first 3 months and not the past 6. We have a good young striker and would not replace him with a striker who doesnt make Bristol's first 11.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024