Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Officials 15:14 - Sep 19 with 914 viewsPinnerPaul

May as well, just to get off the subject of the 'missed chances'!

Ref - Thought he did OK. A little inconsistent in his decision making especially regarding Massengo, who hit the deck after EVERY challenge. 1st half I thought he(the ref) had a hold on it, but 2nd he gave him a foul every time. Added time and cautions all good for me.
Infuriatingly, he did what a lot of refs do and somehow pretend that the ball is moving if the attacking side try to take a quick free kick - against the spirt of the law I would say.

Natalie (The AR) - Excellent all game, didn't miss a thing and excellent spot for the off the ball hold on McCullum 1st half

ER AR - That call for the 'foul' by Johannsen 2nd half was a joke. SJ literally brushed the guy's shirt with his hand - very very poor call for me.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 15:26]
The Officials on 15:41 - Sep 19 with 830 viewsWatford_Ranger

I was in R block and while it was minor, I’m not surprised the foul from Johansen was given. He was never getting there anyway once Massengo had got the right side of him. Was a really stupid yellow for an experienced player to pick up for the verbal after.

The attacking side should always be allowed to re-start play as quickly as possible unless it has to be stopped for a red or second yellow. A first yellow could be given at the next break in play.
The Officials on 15:50 - Sep 19 with 806 viewsOldPedro

Agree with this - think he should have carded Bentley for time wasting instead of just waving at him. It enabled City to try to take the pace out of the game and also meant that a couple of other City players also threw / kicked the ball away knowing nothing would happen to them.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Officials on 15:54 - Sep 19 with 789 viewsPinnerPaul

The Officials on 15:50 - Sep 19 by OldPedro

Agree with this - think he should have carded Bentley for time wasting instead of just waving at him. It enabled City to try to take the pace out of the game and also meant that a couple of other City players also threw / kicked the ball away knowing nothing would happen to them.

Yes, see what you mean, but he really was nowhere near as bad as some, including our very own Seny up at Middlesbro!

Its not right, we all agree, but the bar has been set so high by the refs to date, would have been a bit harsh to card him I thought.
The Officials on 17:18 - Sep 19 with 663 viewsWatfordR

Don't know if this is due to the apparent new laws to allow the game to flow, but there seems to me to be way more shirt pulling going on and not being pulled up. Also pushing players in the back in aerial challenges. Sodding infuriates me!
The Officials on 17:22 - Sep 19 with 658 viewsPinnerPaul

The Officials on 17:18 - Sep 19 by WatfordR

Don't know if this is due to the apparent new laws to allow the game to flow, but there seems to me to be way more shirt pulling going on and not being pulled up. Also pushing players in the back in aerial challenges. Sodding infuriates me!

At this level, yes I think you're right about the more lenient approach.

I know some hate me saying this, but judging by player reaction, they do seem to be adapting to it.
The Officials on 17:48 - Sep 19 with 617 viewsWatfordR

The Officials on 17:22 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

At this level, yes I think you're right about the more lenient approach.

I know some hate me saying this, but judging by player reaction, they do seem to be adapting to it.

If by adapting, you mean taking advantage of it, then yes I'd agree, and if that's the case, we're very quickly going to end up playing rugby instead of football.

A bit like the on pitch equivalent of FFP for me. Nice idea, but completely unworkable in practice, with the less scrupulous simply taking advantage of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024