Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ V Usyk 16:13 - Sep 21 with 4982 viewsthemodfather

pts win for AJ for me, usyk is a southpaw and its so hard to win v them, usyk imo is not big enough to ko AJ and i don't think AJ will go all out to engage and ruffle usyk and try and get him off stance/balance . good undercard but £25 is a lot , should be a good fight though.
AJ V Usyk on 14:24 - Sep 26 with 1218 viewsSonofpugwash

AJ V Usyk on 12:39 - Sep 26 by paulparker

Funny enough I said to the missus last night that I fancy wilder to beat Fury thus leaving both fury & AJ looking around for elimination fights , both have been greedy with negotiations for their prospective fight and how ironic would it be that in a couple of weeks time neither will have a belt.
Now is the time for whyte to get rid of Hearn and start challenging for titles I would fancy him to be the superior heavyweight if he fights either Usyk or Wilder

Whyte got done by Povetkin by the sweetest uppercut you ever saw then won the rematch by KO.
Joe Joyce is ponderous but he's like the irresistible force that hasn't met the immovable object yet.
Dubois can yet be a factor....
Lots of unbeaten record here.Wardley looks good.

https://www.heavyweightboxing.com/rankings

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

AJ V Usyk on 09:49 - Sep 27 with 1038 viewsMick_S

AJ V Usyk on 10:30 - Sep 26 by Discodroids

i woke up just in time to see the  disgrace of Gijon hatton fight.

I was laid assunder in a  bermuda triangle of King prawn bhuna , Aloo gobi , empty Warsteiner pilsner bottles and  farting like Mount Fuji with the 1000 yard stare from 'er indoors. And i for one, don't blame her. 

By the time AJ walked on like James browns farewell tour at the Harlem Apollo,  i was awake enough to watch the main gig. No surprise to see Usyk mop up and credit to an amazing boxer. I don't think the boxing style AJ has adopted since the Ruiz defeat suits him at all, Far too cautious. Even Usyk  mentioned a few times in various interviews last night,  that he expected a lot tougher fight.

IMO, I would think Dillian Whyte would give Usyk a real going over, not to say he would win, but the blokes a berserker who wouldn't piss  about with the pugilistic graces and niceties  of the queensbury rules, i.e. he'd put it on the fu cker with extreme prejudice.

Carl froch gives an excellent interview after the fight below. Although I cannot say if Carl is on the petrol washed bogota bugle during the interview,  it seems to help with the semi automatic Mauser MG 42 Delivery of His sentences and the constant wiping of his Hooter.

Good Analysis of the fight though. Also worth noting in the background, Radio 5 live and BT boxing main man Big Daddy Steve bunce laying waste to the complimentary smorgasbord of Icelands fruits of the deep freeze party size canapes.

Given his greater size, Speed and boxing ability,   I Still take Tyson  Fury  to beat Usyk but that fight would have to take place within the next  9 to 12 months maximum. I have this sixth sense about Tyson being on the slide mentally and thus Physically. 

I'm not sure Tyson will even get past Wilder this time, something about him at the moment doesn't seem quite right.  The prospective Usyk challenge might just get the blood flowing in the gypsy king one more time.

Anyway, what the fack do i know... The charge of  Munchen warsteiner pilsner  must still be knocking about in me from last night.

The Pilsner Must Flow, Paul Atreides.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 10:35]

That Hatton fight was a scandal. Gijon accepted that far too readily.
Dodgy.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

AJ V Usyk on 13:19 - Sep 27 with 956 viewsgobbles

AJ V Usyk on 23:11 - Sep 25 by paulparker

Said for years that AJ is a poor mans Bruno , if this was thirty years ago he wouldn’t be in the top ten heavyweights
he Got outclassed tonight pure and simple and didn’t know what to do

Lay off, do you think Bruno would have landed a glove on Usyk?
Usyk is a phenomenal talent. Cleaned up at cruiserweight, now unified champion at heavyweight. Has won seven world title belts all in the champion's backyard - won titles in Poland, Latvia, Russia and now Britain. World and Olympic champion as an amateur.
Give credit where it is due, don't just slag off the loser.
Joshua would have comfortably dealt with a guy like Bonecrusher Smith or McCall, Bruno, as much as I loved him, got stopped in four of his five world title fights and was clinging on for dear life in the one he won. He had life or death with Jumbo Cummings.
AJ V Usyk on 13:59 - Sep 27 with 901 viewspaulparker

AJ V Usyk on 13:19 - Sep 27 by gobbles

Lay off, do you think Bruno would have landed a glove on Usyk?
Usyk is a phenomenal talent. Cleaned up at cruiserweight, now unified champion at heavyweight. Has won seven world title belts all in the champion's backyard - won titles in Poland, Latvia, Russia and now Britain. World and Olympic champion as an amateur.
Give credit where it is due, don't just slag off the loser.
Joshua would have comfortably dealt with a guy like Bonecrusher Smith or McCall, Bruno, as much as I loved him, got stopped in four of his five world title fights and was clinging on for dear life in the one he won. He had life or death with Jumbo Cummings.

Chisora gave usyk a better fight so did belew , AJ was a rabbit in the headlights
AJ is not a great heavyweight, yeah he might have beaten Oliver Mccall but would have got slaughter against the likes of Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Mercer , Moorer , ruddock , Toney ,Jones etc
If he wasn’t British people would be saying he isn’t that good

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

AJ V Usyk on 14:19 - Sep 27 with 885 viewsgobbles

AJ V Usyk on 13:59 - Sep 27 by paulparker

Chisora gave usyk a better fight so did belew , AJ was a rabbit in the headlights
AJ is not a great heavyweight, yeah he might have beaten Oliver Mccall but would have got slaughter against the likes of Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Mercer , Moorer , ruddock , Toney ,Jones etc
If he wasn’t British people would be saying he isn’t that good

You're totally rewriting history there. Usyk was comfortable against Chisora without ever having to step on the gas. Despite which, you can't do straight formlines in boxing, otherwise you might claim Otto Wallin would be the No 2 heavyweight to Fury. And after all, John McDermott got robbed against Fury, so should he be up there?
Joshua is very inexperienced for what he has achieved, but the Klitschko win was a top performance, as was Povetkin, while Parker beat Chisora and lost every round to Joshua.
Rather than slagging off Joshua, how about wondering how Usyk would do against Holyfield or whoever?
And more to the point, if he wasn't British, would people be so quick to slag him off?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 14:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024