Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few thoughts on tonights game 22:29 - Sep 24 with 4198 viewsMyke

Obviously Dieng's error a turning point, but I thought we were off in a few other areas too.
* Despite scoring in record time, I thought Gray was poor overall. Not faulting his attitude or application,just couldn't make the ball stick (not really his strength) but failed to run in behind the defence often enough (which is) and often strayed offside. With the ball coming back it invited extra pressure on us
* Removing Willock was an error. The one player with genuine guile who was troubling the West Brom defence and with great composure. His removal meant we just played hoofball which played right into their 3 CB's hands and further negated the effectiveness of Gray
* A lack of urgency even in added time . Against Barnsley and Reading we were busting a gut to get a goal, it never looked likely here
* Chair still has that need to get his shot away regardless of better options. He wa doing it last season, so either it hasn't been coached out of him or he is not listening. When it works (Barnsley) it looks wonderful , but a simple chip sideways tonight and Dykes had a tap in and the game is over
* We went on a run last season of conceding two goals per game and we are doing it again. It means we have a mountain to climb to even get a point from a game. As a unit our defence looks solid, but individual errors are killing us
* Injuries mounting up. Last season (apart from Amos, obviously) we remained relatively injury free,despite the compressed fixture list. This year they are mounting up and we are losing players in key positions. If - as looks very likely - we have now lost Johanson with a hamstring for a spell, it is really starting to bite. We know that Dozzell is not yet ready,hopefully Amos will be able to get involved in the coming games. Likewise, while Barbet was solid tonight, he is not a lwb and plays his best football as the left of a three, so losing both Wallace and McCallum is a setback.
POSITIVES
Wanted to finish on a positive note:
* I thought Moses was much improved tonight and a contender for MOM. He was lively, solid and caused problems down the right. as well as defending well.
* I thought Dunne was also excellent and in the (likely) event of Jorgi missing games, I would have no concerns about him stepping in.
A few thoughts on tonights game on 07:30 - Sep 28 with 507 viewsParkRoyalR

A few thoughts on tonights game on 22:56 - Sep 27 by Northernr

That feels like another 'easy to say from up here' thing. How do you know who was screaming what? How do you know who can hear what? In a full football ground, through on goal, adrenalin pumping...

True, but he definitely heard it when Gray gave him both barrels when not making a much easier and more obvious pass.

Odd thing to say but his brilliant goal from the bye-line earlier this season was another example of yes great control and technique but also running with his headdown until the only option left was to shoot.

Taking the easier / earlier option as with Austin cross would significantly improve his stats which are well below what they should be considering his technical ability with the ball at his feet.
A few thoughts on tonights game on 07:53 - Sep 28 with 468 viewsgazza1

A few thoughts on tonights game on 22:56 - Sep 27 by Northernr

That feels like another 'easy to say from up here' thing. How do you know who was screaming what? How do you know who can hear what? In a full football ground, through on goal, adrenalin pumping...

Answer is that you don't know if Chair heard the call......and nobody on this MB knows either. They may think they know but they don't. All I would say about Chair loosing the ball, perhaps he should be 'scanning' (looking around) quicker and dealing according with the ball - not easy in that situation though - he was shut down very quickly by a couple of WBA players..

We lost for two reasons, (1) Poor Keeping & (2) We did not play very well.

It is a very tough call on the WBA 2nd goal......a few could have done better but they will argue just why they didn't, that includes Chair, Moses, Kakay & I would also include Dickie in the analysis.
A few thoughts on tonights game on 11:37 - Sep 28 with 402 viewsfrancisbowles

A few thoughts on tonights game on 07:53 - Sep 28 by gazza1

Answer is that you don't know if Chair heard the call......and nobody on this MB knows either. They may think they know but they don't. All I would say about Chair loosing the ball, perhaps he should be 'scanning' (looking around) quicker and dealing according with the ball - not easy in that situation though - he was shut down very quickly by a couple of WBA players..

We lost for two reasons, (1) Poor Keeping & (2) We did not play very well.

It is a very tough call on the WBA 2nd goal......a few could have done better but they will argue just why they didn't, that includes Chair, Moses, Kakay & I would also include Dickie in the analysis.

At least Dykes isn't getting the blame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024