Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m Watching 22:50 - Sep 25 with 1108 viewsBoston

..,,the Michigan State v Rutgers game. 106,943 fans in attendance for what looks like a home win, though a nice touch down for Rutgers as I type.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 22:51]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I’m Watching on 00:00 - Sep 26 with 1021 viewsjohncharles

I went to see Forfar v Albion Rovers this afternoon. Me and 400 other souls. Good match. Ref let the game flow (allowed a bit of arm wrestling in the tackles) very few free kicks. No Divas, no rolling about on the ground in “agony”, no chasing after the ref and whingeing. A pleasant afternoon.
Forfar 3 Albion 1.

Strong and stable my arse.

I’m Watching on 00:44 - Sep 26 with 1000 viewsMrSheen

Clemson looking mediocre. Shows how short the cycle is in college ball (unless you’re Alabama).
I’m Watching on 00:57 - Sep 26 with 988 viewsBoston

I’m Watching on 00:44 - Sep 26 by MrSheen

Clemson looking mediocre. Shows how short the cycle is in college ball (unless you’re Alabama).

There's a reason they're called 'the tide'.

I’m Watching on 07:45 - Sep 26 with 902 viewsozranger

Um, er, there's a difference between East Lansing and Ann Arbor. Wins for both though. Mind you the Michigan State v Nebraska game would have been much better to watch.
I’m Watching on 14:22 - Sep 26 with 794 viewsBoston

I’m Watching on 07:45 - Sep 26 by ozranger

Um, er, there's a difference between East Lansing and Ann Arbor. Wins for both though. Mind you the Michigan State v Nebraska game would have been much better to watch.

My mistake, well spotted oz..there is indeed a big difference between them, probably ten grand a year off the top of my head.

I’m Watching on 22:41 - Oct 2 with 615 viewsMrSheen

Hoooooooweeeeee! North Dakota v North Dakota State just means more. 9-7 to the Bison with less than 8 to go, but the Fighting Hawks have the ball at halfway. Best of all, ESPN are letting me watch the local ads. Banks, workwear and hunting supplies.
I’m Watching on 22:54 - Oct 2 with 593 viewsMrSheen

I’m Watching on 22:41 - Oct 2 by MrSheen

Hoooooooweeeeee! North Dakota v North Dakota State just means more. 9-7 to the Bison with less than 8 to go, but the Fighting Hawks have the ball at halfway. Best of all, ESPN are letting me watch the local ads. Banks, workwear and hunting supplies.

State wins!
I’m Watching on 23:32 - Oct 2 with 549 viewsBoston

Nice game at Kansas St v Oklahoma in progress. Clever touchdown to Kansas from a running back called Vaughan who looks about Chairs height and stature. Anyway 27 - 17 to the sooners at the moment.

Login to get fewer ads

I’m Watching on 00:16 - Oct 3 with 519 viewsMrSheen

I’m Watching on 23:32 - Oct 2 by Boston

Nice game at Kansas St v Oklahoma in progress. Clever touchdown to Kansas from a running back called Vaughan who looks about Chairs height and stature. Anyway 27 - 17 to the sooners at the moment.

I like the Big 12. Like everyone knows it doesn’t matter so much so let’s play. Enjoyed the end of Texas Tech and West Virginny. Would love to go to a game at either (or Ames, Norman, Manhattan, etc)
I’m Watching on 01:25 - Oct 3 with 486 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I used to work for the massive four letter sports media company in the States and my primary job was to work college football halftimes and pre/postgame shows.

I’ve always been curious how those outside of the US view the multi-billion dollar “amateur” athletics business. It’s such a massive draw, especially in the southeast, but it has to be strange for those outside of the United States seeing kids 18-22 whose No. 1 goal is to make it professionally in American football/basketball also attend four year universities. It’s just so different from the academy system in the UK and elsewhere.
I’m Watching on 01:57 - Oct 3 with 469 viewsBoston

I’m Watching on 01:25 - Oct 3 by EmpireStateRanger

I used to work for the massive four letter sports media company in the States and my primary job was to work college football halftimes and pre/postgame shows.

I’ve always been curious how those outside of the US view the multi-billion dollar “amateur” athletics business. It’s such a massive draw, especially in the southeast, but it has to be strange for those outside of the United States seeing kids 18-22 whose No. 1 goal is to make it professionally in American football/basketball also attend four year universities. It’s just so different from the academy system in the UK and elsewhere.

When in Rome...

I’m Watching on 05:04 - Oct 3 with 429 viewsMatch82

I’m Watching on 01:57 - Oct 3 by Boston

When in Rome...

Yeah I tend to agree. No affiliation with any US colleges but I'm walking distance from Ryan Field so I try and get to at least one Northwestern game a year + a couple of tailgates, even if I couldn't name a single player actually on the team
I’m Watching on 07:42 - Oct 3 with 380 viewsMrSheen

I’m Watching on 01:25 - Oct 3 by EmpireStateRanger

I’ve never seen a breakdown of what they do after graduation, whether they work in sport in some capacity (school coaching?), get jobs using whatever degrees they got like any other graduate, or disappear back into the life they led before. We see a lot about how they are commercially exploited, not so much about their retrospective view of the experience decades later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024