Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton pre-Forest interview 18:36 - Oct 28 with 1974 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pretty much as you'd expect - everyone sombre after Tuesday, great opportunity to exorcise some ghosts vs Forest 'under the lights' (what there are of them), then about half the 7' interview on '7 games in 21', 'all you can do is a maintenance programme' and an even-by-his standards full-on diatribe about fixture congestion when he seems to speak for about two minutes without stopping. Even when Paul Morrissey, 'to play devil's advocate', breaks rank by gently suggesting that constantly carping about it might be an excuse for the players, Warburton just bats off as if it wasn't even a potential question, worryingly. (Can we not book him in for a session with a sports psychologist?)

Gaffer - We. Get. It - just give over, for the love of Jesus. You're managing a squad, just as football managers have since pro football began (when squads were much smaller, and there was only one sub allowed). Even if some would probably say games are tougher than they were, physically - perhaps they are, perhaps they aren't - we're also led to believe that most players are fitter than they were thanks to the paradigm-shifting glories of sports science, dieticians and all the rest (though you wouldn't think so, watching Charlie blowing out of his arse even after a 20 minute cameo). On the other hand, when you think about the conditions that the likes of Stan and Gerry had to deal with (terrible pitches, minimal protection), you'd be insane to suggest it's not much easier being a player now than then. Yet I don't remember all the moaning about, essentially, footballers and managers just going about their business back in the day when everyone just got on with it, even though, to again state the obvious for the benefit of the woke crowd, we played just as many if not more games in the past. There's plenty of times in my teaching career I've been 'thrown in at the deep end' and/or had little or no preparation time, but I do my best and get with the programme, like all my other colleagues have to.

Rather than using the club platform to vent yet again his issues with the above, Warburton would do better to question his own refusal to think about the abdication of professionalism that confirmed our cup exit - it's hard to recall two suicidally crappier pens than those by Chair and Barbet in the history of pro football, and I only hope words have been had with both of them at Harlington, though I fear they won't have been. Mind you, we now know who our back-up pen takers definitely aren't, and well done Lyndon for bucking the trend and having the concentration and technique to show up the failings of his team-mates. (If I were him, I'd have given Ilias, Charlie and Yoann a big f*ckign mouthful in the dressing room afterwards.)

I hope we're all feeling a bit better on Friday night even though I'll be thinking where recent events leave me as a follower of pro football now, but I'm not optimistic - Forest are in great form, we're still waiting for that 'response' to Peterborough, and it's on a day with a 'F' in it live on Sky. What could possibly go wrong?

You Rs, whatever. It's my birthday, and I'm still feeling like banging my head against a wall.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 19:02]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 11:23 - Oct 29 with 1560 viewsLythamR

Some good points there that i agree with, Warbs does like to labour the fixture congestion point to extreme, its negative and really doesnt help sanyone and if i was a forest player or manager seeing that it would perk me up.

Happy Birthday, I hope we all have a good day today and you have a particularly good one
Warburton pre-Forest interview on 11:45 - Oct 29 with 1513 viewsdaveB

He is right though, it's ridiculous we are on Sky so often and now twice we've had a week with games on a Tuesday & Friday. He always tries to answer questions in detail and has done so again here. If he says nothing and doesn't shine a light on this farce it will keep happening

On the penalties the Chair and Barbet ones were obviously poor but they took good ones in the previous rounds, I wouldn't be having a go at anyone for missing, they didn't do it on purpose. Dykes himself has missed a few recently
Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:03 - Oct 29 with 1389 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 11:45 - Oct 29 by daveB

He is right though, it's ridiculous we are on Sky so often and now twice we've had a week with games on a Tuesday & Friday. He always tries to answer questions in detail and has done so again here. If he says nothing and doesn't shine a light on this farce it will keep happening

On the penalties the Chair and Barbet ones were obviously poor but they took good ones in the previous rounds, I wouldn't be having a go at anyone for missing, they didn't do it on purpose. Dykes himself has missed a few recently

It wasn't just that they missed, it was the manner of it. As I said, 'suicidal' is the word I'd choose. Of course - except in cases of corruption - no one f*cks anything up deliberately on the pitch, but, by that logic, no player or manager would be entitled to critique anyone. The chalked-off goal shouldn't blinker our steely-eyed look at our truly terrible shootout, however, even if (and surely because) the manager can't bear to.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:05 - Oct 29 with 1383 viewsPinnerPaul

Been through this before umpteen times Dave.

More time between Tues/Fri evening kos than Weds Eve/Sat pm kick offs!

Blackpool is later on Saturday, but he still moans about that, saying we can't get the train back.

I'm with SE on this but know not everyone agrees so will leave it there.
Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:11 - Oct 29 with 1366 viewsdaveB

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:05 - Oct 29 by PinnerPaul

Been through this before umpteen times Dave.

More time between Tues/Fri evening kos than Weds Eve/Sat pm kick offs!

Blackpool is later on Saturday, but he still moans about that, saying we can't get the train back.

I'm with SE on this but know not everyone agrees so will leave it there.

What he's tried to do is rather than just say this is all rubbish and moan about it he has gone into the logistics of the problems they face to at least give people an understanding of why he is concerned. I thought it was quite interesting to hear that side of it.
Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:25 - Oct 29 with 1348 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:11 - Oct 29 by daveB

What he's tried to do is rather than just say this is all rubbish and moan about it he has gone into the logistics of the problems they face to at least give people an understanding of why he is concerned. I thought it was quite interesting to hear that side of it.

Another one for my bulging 'agree to disagree folder', which sadly seems to be growing bigger by the day on here.

Maybe its my dose of man flu, Tuesday .....who knows?!
Warburton pre-Forest interview on 14:17 - Oct 29 with 1289 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:25 - Oct 29 by PinnerPaul

Another one for my bulging 'agree to disagree folder', which sadly seems to be growing bigger by the day on here.

Maybe its my dose of man flu, Tuesday .....who knows?!

If only you were so understanding of critiques of referees, pinner ;)

Bare bones.

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 14:47 - Oct 29 with 1249 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 14:17 - Oct 29 by Antti_Heinola

If only you were so understanding of critiques of referees, pinner ;)

= "a detailed analysis and assessment of something"

Nope, don't remember too many of those!
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 15:40 - Oct 29 with 1185 viewskernowhoop

Yes, we are on Sky often. Why? Because we play mostly entertaining football; goals are just about guaranteed and we are in the mix for the play-off places. We shall have to get used to it. Three more TV appearances coming up in November - Blackpool, Luton and Derby,
Warburton pre-Forest interview on 15:44 - Oct 29 with 1175 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton pre-Forest interview on 13:11 - Oct 29 by daveB

Last one - promise!

We don't play again for 13 days after Blackpool - so what does it matter if we kick off 2 hours later for that one?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024