Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perception vs reality — Report 19:38 - Nov 7 with 4075 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56209
Perception vs reality — Report on 19:57 - Nov 7 with 3944 viewsqprd

cheers, clive. great report, as always

to me, i think the perception-reality split has to do more with the inconsistency of our results.... so many of our recent matches have been a frustrating microcosm of our season

against notts forest, we had numerous chances to score a second goal and secure the 3 points, only to concede a goal in stoppage time... blackpool were the better team yesterday, but we just needed to see out the second half to get the 3 points.. similarly, it seems every time we are in the playoff places and a win would really consolidate our top 6 position, we seem to lose or drop points- nottingham forest, peterborough, blackpool, etc etc... were constantly teetering b/w 5th and 8th, which, while its a great position to be in, it can feel like an emotional roller coaster
Perception vs reality — Report on 01:47 - Nov 8 with 3313 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Great report as usual and hopefully all the QPR fans had fun and got home safely .
Boston uploaded a Blackpool's fan video and we actually looked like a dirty team with some of those tackles and their fans reactions .
Our players have twice crushed an opponent completely over the line in the last 2 games which looked like red cards to my eyes but luckily not.
Their penalty was a complete fcuk up and blackpool fans were baying for blood and SD getting his marching orders .But a woman made a great point if the player if straight through its a red but heading across the goal when tripped its just a yellow .
We could have won it late if Dykes left it for Austin I would have loved to see the Blackpool reaction then.
Perception vs reality — Report on 09:18 - Nov 8 with 2949 viewsOldPedro

Perception vs reality — Report on 01:47 - Nov 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Great report as usual and hopefully all the QPR fans had fun and got home safely .
Boston uploaded a Blackpool's fan video and we actually looked like a dirty team with some of those tackles and their fans reactions .
Our players have twice crushed an opponent completely over the line in the last 2 games which looked like red cards to my eyes but luckily not.
Their penalty was a complete fcuk up and blackpool fans were baying for blood and SD getting his marching orders .But a woman made a great point if the player if straight through its a red but heading across the goal when tripped its just a yellow .
We could have won it late if Dykes left it for Austin I would have loved to see the Blackpool reaction then.

I'm sure Madine was booked for a foul where he led with the elbow into Dunne's head - seen them given as a red in the past.

A few Blackpool players also threw themselves to the floor very easily and some of their badgering of the ref was almost on Preston levels.

Agree that the foul by Moses and the barge by Albert were probably more than yellow but not quite a red.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Perception vs reality — Report on 09:37 - Nov 8 with 2902 viewsPinnerPaul

Perception vs reality — Report on 01:47 - Nov 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Haven't seen it yet (watching the 90' later) but if its an attempt for the ball and not serious foul play, if its in the penalty area, doesn't matter if its an obvious goalscoring opportunity, its got to be a yellow as per law change of a couple of years ago.
Perception vs reality — Report on 10:08 - Nov 8 with 2814 viewsfrancisbowles

More than a third of the season played and it's the top two and probably WBA. After that it's perm any three from sixteen. It seems every year it gets tighter in this league.

The ability to grind out points like this one and to have players like Chair and Willock who can fashion goals from positions of little threat, as well as defenders like Dickie, Dunne and De Wijs who can stand up to aerial bombardment will be key.
Perception vs reality — Report on 10:22 - Nov 8 with 2779 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

Two points I would like to make though, having the thrill of watching television replays etc. Well done to all of you that made the trip & I'm still recovering from sitting in the wind on Chris Day day!

Firstly, the "near own goal" from Kakay. If he doesn't make contact with the ball, it is a tap in for Blackpool.

On the disallowed goal, I belatedly mentioned on the match thread that I got the impression that the goal line technology didn't register that the ball had crossed the line before Madine applied his selfish touch. It looked to me that it had, but perhaps there was 1% of the ball not over the line? The referee consulted his assistant before the flag was raised, perhaps to ask if Madine was offside if the ball wasn't already over? If that was the scenario, offside was correct.

It's also possible that the technology wasn't working correctly & we got very lucky! Either way, Madine would have had a lot of explaining to do in the Blackpool changing room!
Perception vs reality — Report on 11:01 - Nov 8 with 2703 viewsNoelmc

Perception vs reality — Report on 09:37 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

Haven't seen it yet (watching the 90' later) but if its an attempt for the ball and not serious foul play, if its in the penalty area, doesn't matter if its an obvious goalscoring opportunity, its got to be a yellow as per law change of a couple of years ago.

I'll be very interested to hear your interpretation of it, Paul.I certainly would not class it as genuine attempt to "play the ball", but it was a heavy touch by the Blackpool player going away from goal, so slight doubt over "obvious goal scoring opportunity".
Perception vs reality — Report on 12:01 - Nov 8 with 2582 viewsJigsore

This is a strange old season. The thing that's kept me hopeful is that I suspect this a lean patch for us, and if we can still get some ugly wins and draws on the road, especially to teams around us like Blackpool, during a lean patch then we're doing very well. Far far better than this time last season.

My only niggling doubt is that this is a desperately poor division this season and we're jostling around with the likes of Huddersfield, Luton, etc. Cov are 4 points above us. Yes we're in the Playoff places going into this last international break but half the division are a couple of points off!

But as for the game itself, happy with that even if it wasn't too easy on the eye. Fingers crossed this two weeks gives the boys some much needed rest, Wallace/Field return and our striker's memories of who they are and what they do returns
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 12:02]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Perception vs reality — Report on 12:11 - Nov 8 with 2552 viewsdaveB

Perception vs reality — Report on 09:37 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

Barbet was covering on the line as well and the player was going away from goal, a yellow seemed right to me

On the offside goal was interesting watching the game on tv last night, the lino asks the ref did Madine touch the ball and when he says yes he flags for offside. The lino got a lot of stick but once he's told Madine touched it he has to give offside. Obviously when you see it back it's a poor decision and we got lucky with it
Perception vs reality — Report on 12:43 - Nov 8 with 2483 viewsrsonist

Nicely conceived and well argued.

Can't say I agree though. I'm pretty concerned at the moment.
Perception vs reality — Report on 12:43 - Nov 8 with 2481 viewswestberksr

very sensible report Clive; happy with 4 from 6 on the road and without playing particularly well (form, injuries, yadda, yadda) we are still in the mix.

fingers crossed this break lets them get some of the mojo & wounded back for the match against Lootown
Perception vs reality — Report on 15:02 - Nov 8 with 2211 viewsNorthernr

Perception vs reality — Report on 12:43 - Nov 8 by rsonist

Nicely conceived and well argued.

Can't say I agree though. I'm pretty concerned at the moment.

I potentially am as well. I'm completely torn between "6th and we haven't played well yet - imagine where we'll go when we inevitably do" and "keep playing like this and 6th in November is as good as this season is going to get". I genuienly don't know and wouldn't like to guess at this point.

As I say at the end, a lot of the excuses/reasons dry up through November. It's basically one game a week through to Christmas now as opposed to the seven in 21 days which has been irking the manager. Four of the six and five of the next seven are at home, so none of the Boro/Hull, Cardiff/Blackpool horror travel weeks. Key players we've been talking about missing (Field, Wallace) are hopefully back. We come back in against Luton, Huddersfield and Derby, two at home, which should be a nice run for a team with any ambition at this level. So I think we'll know more certainly where we're going by the time we sit down for our turkey.
Perception vs reality — Report on 15:51 - Nov 8 with 2129 viewsOldPedro

Perception vs reality — Report on 15:02 - Nov 8 by Northernr

I potentially am as well. I'm completely torn between "6th and we haven't played well yet - imagine where we'll go when we inevitably do" and "keep playing like this and 6th in November is as good as this season is going to get". I genuienly don't know and wouldn't like to guess at this point.

As I say at the end, a lot of the excuses/reasons dry up through November. It's basically one game a week through to Christmas now as opposed to the seven in 21 days which has been irking the manager. Four of the six and five of the next seven are at home, so none of the Boro/Hull, Cardiff/Blackpool horror travel weeks. Key players we've been talking about missing (Field, Wallace) are hopefully back. We come back in against Luton, Huddersfield and Derby, two at home, which should be a nice run for a team with any ambition at this level. So I think we'll know more certainly where we're going by the time we sit down for our turkey.

I think we need a good November/December as we know we will be without Chair, Dieng and Kakay in Jan for African Nations Cup

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Perception vs reality — Report on 16:26 - Nov 8 with 2029 viewsdaveB

the league is so tight but if we can stay in touch of the playoffs with 10 games to go it will be a really exciting end to the season rather than the usual final 2 months of dead rubbers.
The next 2 home games are really important for us to set the tone for the next few months.
Perception vs reality — Report on 17:04 - Nov 8 with 1966 viewsPinnerPaul

Perception vs reality — Report on 11:01 - Nov 8 by Noelmc

I'll be very interested to hear your interpretation of it, Paul.I certainly would not class it as genuine attempt to "play the ball", but it was a heavy touch by the Blackpool player going away from goal, so slight doubt over "obvious goal scoring opportunity".

Difficult to argue with much Clive said about the referee in his report.

Its certainly not an attempt for the ball from Seny, two things have saved him, the ball is heading away from goal (despite the IFAB changing the wording of the law slightly, I don't think you can call this in the "general direction of the goal") and the forward didn't have ball under control.

Barbet on the line is a red herring, no Seny, attacker with ball, that's an obvious gs opportunity, defender or not!

Blackpool's "1st", that's a goal. To address a point that a few have made - GLT only tells the ref that ball has crossed the line, can never help with these, looking at replay its well over the line, but with ref looking straight on and AR looking for the offside, its NEVER as easy 'on the ground'.

2 pen shouts - 1 each - neither a pen for me.

All cautions fine and he didn't miss any or much else, but get a 'goal' incident wrong and can see why Clive only gave him a 5.
Perception vs reality — Report on 18:13 - Nov 8 with 1839 viewsMancR

Perceptions vs reality with regards to weather would be the same. I have never been so wet at a football match in my life. And sitting in that wind tunnel in saturated clothes didn't help. How people were still drinking lager and dark fruits cider at half time, while all I wanted to do was lie in a bath of hot chocolate☃️
Perception vs reality — Report on 18:55 - Nov 8 with 1777 viewsfredtheseasider

Perception vs reality — Report on 19:57 - Nov 7 by qprd

cheers, clive. great report, as always

to me, i think the perception-reality split has to do more with the inconsistency of our results.... so many of our recent matches have been a frustrating microcosm of our season

against notts forest, we had numerous chances to score a second goal and secure the 3 points, only to concede a goal in stoppage time... blackpool were the better team yesterday, but we just needed to see out the second half to get the 3 points.. similarly, it seems every time we are in the playoff places and a win would really consolidate our top 6 position, we seem to lose or drop points- nottingham forest, peterborough, blackpool, etc etc... were constantly teetering b/w 5th and 8th, which, while its a great position to be in, it can feel like an emotional roller coaster

As a BLackpool supporter enjoyed reading your report, which I thought gave a fair reflection of the game. Thought the away support was good for a Saturday night fixture at the start of a November. Your are obviously aware of the typical Blackpool weather at this time of the year! Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from games against the Pool!
Perception vs reality — Report on 20:25 - Nov 8 with 1638 viewsozranger

Perception vs reality — Report on 15:02 - Nov 8 by Northernr

I think your title to the Cardiff match pretty well sums it up for us at the time being - keep in touch. We have not had a good run with injuries, especially to our left side and the replacement from the right. We've missed a few players for long periods as well. However more so, we've had a horror schedule for these first few months, something we will not see again all season. Playing each of the top three away from home and the two massive long away pairs have seen our team rather depleted not only in numbers but also in energy. As you said, we just needed to keep in touch, which we have.

Ever the optimist, it will get better. Not that we expect to break into the top three, but given that all things schedule-wise and injury-wise will improve over the next few months, i feel we may do a lot better than people think. These next two weeks are key to us to revive the players who are knackered and also for Field and the Capt. of Glasgow to get good minutes under their belt.
Perception vs reality — Report on 20:34 - Nov 8 with 1624 viewsnix

Perception vs reality — Report on 18:55 - Nov 8 by fredtheseasider

As a BLackpool supporter enjoyed reading your report, which I thought gave a fair reflection of the game. Thought the away support was good for a Saturday night fixture at the start of a November. Your are obviously aware of the typical Blackpool weather at this time of the year! Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from games against the Pool!

That's nice of you.

Good to see a team that wants to play football against us rather than stop us playing.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024