Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£25m for Chris Wood? 21:51 - Jan 11 with 7423 viewsAntti_Heinola

Newcastle look absolutely doomed. I think Wood is a decent player (better than I thought he was before he went to Leeds) but £25m?! Seriously?
And people on here say asking £10m for Dykes is ridiculous.

Bare bones.

£25m for Chris Wood? on 10:28 - Jan 13 with 1041 viewsdaveB

£25m for Chris Wood? on 10:00 - Jan 13 by EastR

Looking at the bottom of the table as it stands (and it’s been more or less the same for the past few months), it will surely be 2 of Watford, Burnley and Newcastle going down with Norwich.
Leaving the size of the fee aside, Newcastle have arguably weakened one of their rivals with the move. Without an obvious plan for replacement, besides the fans, I’d imagine the management and players at Burnley aren’t delighted with the news.

I think Burnley will go down this year.
Wood is a decent striker but that is mad money to pay for him. Burnley should go and get Kieffer Moore from Cardiff, he'd do well at Burnley

Newcastle should stay up with the money they are spending but already looks similar to what Hughes did with us in buying a squad for the next 4 months then needing another one in the summer.
£25m for Chris Wood? on 11:30 - Jan 13 with 914 viewscyprusmel

£25m for Chris Wood? on 10:00 - Jan 13 by EastR

Looking at the bottom of the table as it stands (and it’s been more or less the same for the past few months), it will surely be 2 of Watford, Burnley and Newcastle going down with Norwich.
Leaving the size of the fee aside, Newcastle have arguably weakened one of their rivals with the move. Without an obvious plan for replacement, besides the fans, I’d imagine the management and players at Burnley aren’t delighted with the news.

Burnley's last match of the season is at home to Newcastle, can you imagine what will happen if Newcastle stay up and Burnley are relegated. There might be the odd spat among the fans and Mr Wood will get dogs abuse if he so much as looks at the ball.
£25m for Chris Wood? on 12:38 - Jan 13 with 781 viewswestberksr

£25m for Chris Wood? on 23:02 - Jan 11 by golborne

£25m, but he has scored 3 league goals this season, and he’s only 30 🙄

when you put it like that it makes perfect sense
£25m for Chris Wood? on 12:57 - Jan 13 with 732 viewsOakR

I think this is a prety bad buy for them, not because I don't think he will help them (he will to some degree and will have better service it appears) but the price paid means anyone else they buy now will be massively overinflated - the desperation card has been played.

Poll: Will we stay up?

£25m for Chris Wood? on 13:02 - Jan 13 with 723 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Newcastle's match day income for 2019/20 was £26m.

They could have fed, watered, and provided football for their entire support all season for free AND not ended up with Chris Wood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024