Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 08:28 - Jan 26 with 1102 viewsozranger

He's been taking a bit of a bashing of late, especially with Ilias away in Cameroon. Does he need some rest?

He was certainly not participating as much as we and the gaffer would like during the first half, that being in defence more than attack, chasing back, etc.

So, I wonder how many other saw the interesting situation in the first half when he went over to talk with the gaffer before a free kick. Then shortly after Thomas is stripped and ready to come on only for Willock to cross for Charlie's non-offside header. Then Thomas puts the trackie on and sits down. Weird, if I may say.

I do think he is being worn down by all the illegalities that he is suffering on the field. Not sure a rest would be the solution, but as someone said elsewhere, if Ilias was there, they cannot double-team both players. Perhaps this is the toughening up he requires, like what Eze and Adel suffered in their times here when they were dominating. It is how they react to such attention that defines them as a top player.

So, rest him on Saturday for at least some of the game, bringing him on late or keep him going as we cannot afford to have him off the pitch?
Willock on 08:32 - Jan 26 with 1081 viewstraininvain

I don’t think we can afford the luxury of resting Willock on Saturday. We’re lacking creativity without Chair and not playing Willock is only going to make the problem worse.

I’d start Willock on Saturday (assuming he’s fit enough) and rest him for the Cup game if necessary.
Willock on 09:23 - Jan 26 with 952 viewsdmm

It's a bit concerning to hear he's got a 'bit of a knee problem' now. Willock is irreplaceable in our team, particularly while we're without Chair. Hoping he's okay for Saturday.
Willock on 10:39 - Jan 26 with 851 viewsswisscottage

It looked to me like he took a pain killer when he came over to the bench.

He certainly is coming in for the Grealish and Eze treatment this season. Unfortunately for Willock he's somewhat slighter of build than those other two, and maybe not quite as smart at being able to 'ride' the knocks, so he will possibly suffer more.

He will certainly be helped by the return of Ilias as it will take the pressure off a little.
Willock on 10:41 - Jan 26 with 833 viewsdaveB

He looked like he was coming off injured last night, I doubt he'll play at the weekend
Willock on 10:57 - Jan 26 with 787 viewsPinnerPaul

Willock on 10:41 - Jan 26 by daveB

He looked like he was coming off injured last night, I doubt he'll play at the weekend

We all know what Captain Darling would write in his diary!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024