Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 17:40 - Jan 30 with 8951 viewsstowmarketrange

Chair is coming home.Get him on the first plane back home.
Chair on 11:41 - Feb 3 with 577 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 01:50 - Feb 3 by stainrods_elbow

Points (albeit predictable) taken, but mine is that we have a tightish squad, and if we bring in Sanderson only to jettison de Wijs, it's taking a positive step forward, player-wise, only to potentially shoot ourselves in the foot if we get an injury or two. There's budgeting, and calculated risk. To me, this looks like the latter.

My main concern is up front, however, and I'm surprised we haven't brought in a loan there. A lengthy injury to one of Dykes, Charlie or Gray, or god forbid worse, leaves us scarily stretched. I am also terrified about anything happening to Willock as our playmaker in chief.

In short, I'm loving the ride, but it's a precarious one for sure.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 1:52]

Think I pointed out elsewhere that we are not 'thin' or close to it. As Clive pointed out on the pod this week, in the summer we signed a serious number of players. We started the season without Gray, and added him. Most of the time we play one up top, and we have three players going for that position.
A good squad should have 2 players for every position. We have that.
Yep, an injury to a key player or two could/would be very costly - but that's football.
Hope this wasn't too predictable! ;)

Bare bones.

Chair on 11:51 - Feb 3 with 529 viewskensalriser

It's hard to believe the budget hasn't already been stretched as far as it can go with the signings of Austin, Johansen, Gray and one or two others. None of them will be playing for expenses and a voucher for the club shop.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024