Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 17:40 - Jan 30 with 8959 viewsstowmarketrange

Chair is coming home.Get him on the first plane back home.
Chair on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 3219 viewsParkRoyalR

Key points above for me being Chair's ball retention in final third, with Dykes not fully fit this has been a big miss, particularly evident away to Coventry.

If Chair could play with his head up a bit more (read this weekend this was a weakness Luis Diaz had when coming through the ranks) like Willock, there's no reason this front 3 can't score a lot of goals in the run-in.
Chair on 10:58 - Jan 31 with 3109 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 09:57 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not saying he won’t be in the XI or shouldn’t be, but who’s deserving of the bullet Antii?

One of Willock, Dykes, Field, Amos, Sanderson, or Johanson will have to be shifted. I just don’t know who deserves it.

I’d stick him on bench for Peterborough with the same lineup as Reading (if possible. Not sure if Sanderson is Cup Tied?) and fit him in against Boro on the basis of the weakest link v Posh.

Great dilemma to have.

I'd 1000% be resting Willock v Posh, and Chair needs game time badly. If fit, he should definitely be playing that game. On Sat I'd rest a couple of older legs and Barbet's poor head:

Marshall
Odubajo, Dickie, Dunne, Sanderson, Wallace (off at 65 for Uncs);
Field, Amos, Dozzell
Chair
Dykes (off at 60 for Chaz)

Although if we weren't playing next Wed, I wouldn't make any changes other than Chair in for Willock.

Then v Boro, I would bench Illy again and go with Saturday's team, but probably bring him back and drop Amos after that. Although 'drop' and 'bullet' are harsh terms. Rotate is better ;)

Bare bones.

Chair on 10:59 - Jan 31 with 3108 viewsJoolzz

Having Willock and Chair in same team is a thing of beauty. Before he left, the way they were both interchanging and finding each other was bordering telepathic. Fantastic Willock has stepped up but they obviously love playing in same team together, which is enormous credit to Warbs for finding a way, and makes us pretty unique. Suppose fitness level is only question. Mentally, he must be so pissed off to have missed last 5 weeks for 30 min pitch time. Can't wait to see him back and to see if there is another level he can get to as Willock did..
Chair on 11:22 - Jan 31 with 3045 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chair on 10:58 - Jan 31 by Antti_Heinola

I'd 1000% be resting Willock v Posh, and Chair needs game time badly. If fit, he should definitely be playing that game. On Sat I'd rest a couple of older legs and Barbet's poor head:

Marshall
Odubajo, Dickie, Dunne, Sanderson, Wallace (off at 65 for Uncs);
Field, Amos, Dozzell
Chair
Dykes (off at 60 for Chaz)

Although if we weren't playing next Wed, I wouldn't make any changes other than Chair in for Willock.

Then v Boro, I would bench Illy again and go with Saturday's team, but probably bring him back and drop Amos after that. Although 'drop' and 'bullet' are harsh terms. Rotate is better ;)

I frequently use ‘bullet’, ‘wall’, and ‘up against’ so it must have slipped in by accident.

Fair plan.
Chair on 11:55 - Jan 31 with 2978 viewsdaveB

with the Boro game on the Wednesday rotating the squad at the weekend makes sense.
I'd give the full backs a day off, give Kakay and Moses a start. Dozzell in for Johansen maybe and Ball for Field, Chair or Thomas in for Willock. It would still be a strong side
Chair on 14:38 - Jan 31 with 2818 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair on 00:07 - Jan 31 by E17hoop

Since Dieng, Chair and Kakay went to AFCON, we've dropped 2 points from a possible 12 and won an FA Cup tie.

Yes bring players back, but to complement what we're doing.

MW hinted that Seny might not get straight back in, bearing in mind only a worldie has beaten Marshall, that's not altogether surprising!
Chair on 14:41 - Jan 31 with 2808 viewstraininvain

Chair on 11:55 - Jan 31 by daveB

with the Boro game on the Wednesday rotating the squad at the weekend makes sense.
I'd give the full backs a day off, give Kakay and Moses a start. Dozzell in for Johansen maybe and Ball for Field, Chair or Thomas in for Willock. It would still be a strong side

Problem is it rarely works when we make wholesale changes in the cup (mainly because you end up with a team that hasn’t played much together) which is presumably why Warburton has been reluctant to take this approach.

I’d look to rest one or two but otherwise pick the regulars and try to build momentum on our good run of form.
Chair on 14:59 - Jan 31 with 2776 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 14:38 - Jan 31 by PinnerPaul

MW hinted that Seny might not get straight back in, bearing in mind only a worldie has beaten Marshall, that's not altogether surprising!

Yeah I saw that but I sort of think MW has to say that (he can't exactly say, 'yeah, he's been great but obvs he'll be on the bench as soon as Seny's back') but I would be flabbergasted if he's not back in - maybe not first game back, but certainly second. He's our long term keeper, Marshall here to the end of the season, and not like Seny wasn't doing well before he left.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 15:09 - Jan 31 with 2741 viewsdaveB

Chair on 14:41 - Jan 31 by traininvain

Problem is it rarely works when we make wholesale changes in the cup (mainly because you end up with a team that hasn’t played much together) which is presumably why Warburton has been reluctant to take this approach.

I’d look to rest one or two but otherwise pick the regulars and try to build momentum on our good run of form.

is a tough balancing act as he'll want a few of the fringe players to be ready if called upon so may want to use that game to get a few in, would agree though it won't be tons of changes especially with the number of fans going
Chair on 15:30 - Jan 31 with 2676 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Chair has barely had a kick at AFCON so, fitness permitting, should play in the cup game to get back up-to-speed.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 15:31]
Chair on 08:00 - Feb 1 with 2447 viewssaxbend

I really wouldn't worry about forcing a change to bring Chair back in. We know it's only a matter of time before an injury or suspension makes the decision for us. Until then, we have a system and a lineup that is really working and we'd be mad to change it just for the sake of it. Same goes for Seny. But I'm sure Warburton will make room for both on the bench in the meantime.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 8:01]
Chair on 08:17 - Feb 1 with 2379 viewskingsburyR

Nice to have options.

This is now one of the most balanced squads we have had in ages and no primadonnas.

We now know we can perform without Chair and Seny but F me they are good options depending on the system we want to play.

Personally I think Seny now needs to be patient. Marshall has done everything asked of him. Why drop him? You leave mid-season for the AFCON then you are taking a chance of someone performing in your place.

Chair will be back in the line up when Warbs needs him for that type of system. He's too good to leave out but now not irreplaceable.

Rather enjoying this season!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Chair on 08:25 - Feb 1 with 2360 viewsdmm

I think Illy should start on Saturday to give Willy a rest. It'll do him good to get game time and, with 6 games in 18 days to follow, a rested Willy (Ooo matron!) would be a good thing.
Chair on 10:55 - Feb 1 with 2208 viewstkqpr

Chair on 10:59 - Jan 31 by Joolzz

Having Willock and Chair in same team is a thing of beauty. Before he left, the way they were both interchanging and finding each other was bordering telepathic. Fantastic Willock has stepped up but they obviously love playing in same team together, which is enormous credit to Warbs for finding a way, and makes us pretty unique. Suppose fitness level is only question. Mentally, he must be so pissed off to have missed last 5 weeks for 30 min pitch time. Can't wait to see him back and to see if there is another level he can get to as Willock did..

I imagine he is Joolzz, however 5 weeks of winter sunshine 🌞 would do anyone the world of good surely and i would imagine he would come back fully revitalised after loads of Cameroonian ☀
Chair on 11:21 - Feb 1 with 2151 viewsdannyblue

Chair on 10:59 - Jan 31 by Joolzz

I think this is a great skill of Chair's. He forms good relationships on the pitch with other players. He does it with Willock and Wallace. He did it with Ebs and Bright.
Chair on 11:28 - Feb 1 with 2131 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 11:21 - Feb 1 by dannyblue

I think this is a great skill of Chair's. He forms good relationships on the pitch with other players. He does it with Willock and Wallace. He did it with Ebs and Bright.

Your mention of Wallace there is good.

As the originator of 'Illy and Willy', I've been waiting to drop my follow-up, referencing that lovely little left wing trio: 'Illy, Willy & Wally.'
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 11:28]

Bare bones.

Chair on 11:51 - Feb 1 with 2058 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dave hit the nail on the head with the comment that with both Willock & Chair on the pitch teams won't be lining up to stifle one of them out of the game with continual fouling. We saw with Reading that they identified Moses and Willock as the pace threats and routinely just took them out of the game. As also mentioned, the almost telepathic understanding between Willock & Chair is not to be overlooked. It was a vital strength when we had Chair, Eze, Manning & Wells all on the same wavelength and was a major factor in QPR being one of the top goal scorers in the EFL. Wallace isn't far off it but Chair doesn't seem to use him the same way he & Eze did with Manning.

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 21:36 - Feb 1 with 1765 viewsstainrods_elbow

Chair on 22:44 - Jan 30 by kensalriser

Budgeting, probably.

Such parsimony could cost a club promotion, a cup run or both., in which case it would presumably be a case of false economies. Obviously.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 23:12 - Feb 1 with 1712 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair on 21:36 - Feb 1 by stainrods_elbow

Such parsimony could cost a club promotion, a cup run or both., in which case it would presumably be a case of false economies. Obviously.

Except there's no way to prove this signing or that signing would make the points difference needed. With this sort of rationale, where do you stop? Got Paterson... but if we could get Hendrick too... oh and maybe that striker Stoke want... and if we offered Swift some extra cash...
Reality is it's simply not that black and white.

Bare bones.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:27 - Feb 2 with 1559 viewsfrancisbowles

So you buy that one more player and then you don't make it up. You are now over budget, out with FFP and still trying to get out of the Championship the next season, with a reduced budget or you get into greater difficulties. We have to learn the lessons from our past and from what is now transpiring at other clubs.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 9:39]
Chair on 09:33 - Feb 2 with 1535 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chair on 23:12 - Feb 1 by Antti_Heinola

Except there's no way to prove this signing or that signing would make the points difference needed. With this sort of rationale, where do you stop? Got Paterson... but if we could get Hendrick too... oh and maybe that striker Stoke want... and if we offered Swift some extra cash...
Reality is it's simply not that black and white.

Yeah, I think that's exactly the madness that infects some fans and clubs.

Getting promoted or getting relegated has massive financial implications either way, so buying a player who will stop that is almost always logical. But you don't know that one player will make a difference and where do you stop? You end up like Forest.

Plus there's Warbs point that you've got to integrate them into the team in mid-season. If the team's cr*p and you're going down you've nothing to lose, but a winning team is a different matter.
Chair on 01:50 - Feb 3 with 1322 viewsstainrods_elbow

Points (albeit predictable) taken, but mine is that we have a tightish squad, and if we bring in Sanderson only to jettison de Wijs, it's taking a positive step forward, player-wise, only to potentially shoot ourselves in the foot if we get an injury or two. There's budgeting, and calculated risk. To me, this looks like the latter.

My main concern is up front, however, and I'm surprised we haven't brought in a loan there. A lengthy injury to one of Dykes, Charlie or Gray, or god forbid worse, leaves us scarily stretched. I am also terrified about anything happening to Willock as our playmaker in chief.

In short, I'm loving the ride, but it's a precarious one for sure.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 1:52]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 09:59 - Feb 3 with 1126 viewsterryb

Chair on 01:50 - Feb 3 by stainrods_elbow

Points (albeit predictable) taken, but mine is that we have a tightish squad, and if we bring in Sanderson only to jettison de Wijs, it's taking a positive step forward, player-wise, only to potentially shoot ourselves in the foot if we get an injury or two. There's budgeting, and calculated risk. To me, this looks like the latter.

My main concern is up front, however, and I'm surprised we haven't brought in a loan there. A lengthy injury to one of Dykes, Charlie or Gray, or god forbid worse, leaves us scarily stretched. I am also terrified about anything happening to Willock as our playmaker in chief.

I would sugest that this squad is higher in numbers than any of our sucessful sides of the past.

Even in 1975/76 we didn't have much in reserve. We were relying on Ronnie Abbot, Tony Tagg & Phil Nutt as our back up before the signing of Peter Eastoe. John Beck & John Delve might also have benn the limit of the first team squad.

I can't recall us ever having more than 20 players capable of selection.
Chair on 10:22 - Feb 3 with 1061 viewsfrancisbowles

Chair on 01:50 - Feb 3 by stainrods_elbow

Good to see you are taking other views 'on board' but if ours are predictable, couldn't the same be said about yours?

BTW we all share your concerns about Willock and our three into one striker situation, if only one of them (the strikers) had all the attributes. However, even if that were possible, then we would be looking for a back up with the same qualities and in the January window that is virtually impossible.
Chair on 10:26 - Feb 3 with 1046 viewsenfieldargh

Man City rely on one striker and a deluge of attacking midfielders.

not comparing us in anyway to City but

Attacking midfielders
Willock
Chair
Amos
Hendrick
Johanson**
Thomas

Behind one of
Austin
Dykes
Grey

Wingbacks
Adomah
Wallace
Moses
Macallum
Kakay

Solid Midfield
Field
Ball
Johanson**
Dozzell (less solid)

Central Defenders
Dickie
Dunne
Barbet
Sanderson can also play wingback

Gives us a great team unit without the need for game time having to integrate new faces

Bit of luck avoiding long term injuries and play offs at the very least is within our grasp

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024