Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cressida Dick 22:09 - Feb 10 with 4175 viewscolinallcars

Standing down. My barber said he thought it was a medieval disease.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2022 22:19]
Cressida Dick on 08:48 - Feb 12 with 752 viewsstevec

When all coppers were bastards, the upside of that was a lot of crime was solved.

Take the bastard out of them and you end up with social workers, and that doesn’t get your wallet back.
Cressida Dick on 09:22 - Feb 12 with 705 viewsnix

Cressida Dick on 08:48 - Feb 12 by stevec

When all coppers were bastards, the upside of that was a lot of crime was solved.

Take the bastard out of them and you end up with social workers, and that doesn’t get your wallet back.

Yes, I don't think they need to be social workers, but are they that either?

You don't have to be racist or misogynistic to be a decent police officer. You can be hard as nails but still decent, surely?

And I'm not so keen on the good old days trope either. Have you read about Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan or even Peter Sutcliffe? Verging on criminality for the first two and rank incompetence with the latter two.
Cressida Dick on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 681 viewsLimehouseR

The police get absolutely slated in this country at the moment. The media continues to dig out every possible negative story they can find and the Tories seem to have a hand in key decision making which is criminal in itself. There should be no political influencing in the police and the service should be guided by public consent as was first intended.

Without going to much into things people have mentioned the vigil last year. Yes they should not have started arresting people there but the police actually facilitated a peaceful gathering in the midst of Covid when no one else was allowed to do anything. And they did this for 8-9 hours. Then a few trouble makers turned up when it got dark and made it an impossible situation.

I have some people close to me in the police and it is literally an impossible job. The criminal justice system now also make it even more difficult to prosecute actual criminals and the workload of some units is a joke. It still needs reform and the 'fe bad apples' is not correct, there are larger pockets of serving officers who hold opinions and give out 'banter' that is unacceptable. But we really do have a much better service than the rest of the world save a few exceptions.

Cressida Dick wasn't the best, she wasn't the worst. Commissioners come and go but the officers who actually do the job day in and day out are the ones who get the flack on the front line.
Cressida Dick on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 675 viewsDannytheR

Was it though, Steve? I'm almost 50 and for all the delightful encounters friends and family have had with them down the years (mostly while walking home minding their own business), I *honestly* don't remember the Met 'solving' a single car theft, mugging, burglary or case of domestic violence anyone I know has been on the wrong end of.

Bastards then and now, yes. Never exactly Sherlock Holmes though.
Cressida Dick on 12:25 - Feb 12 with 585 viewskensalriser

I imagine that if anyone could be bothered to fact check this they would confirm it is the complete nonsense it sounds.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cressida Dick on 13:16 - Feb 12 with 522 viewsSheffieldHoop

Cressida Dick on 12:25 - Feb 12 by kensalriser

I imagine that if anyone could be bothered to fact check this they would confirm it is the complete nonsense it sounds.

Well the bit about fewer crimes being solved nowadays seems fairly accurate

Edit - as does the social workers bit
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-too-often-do-the-job-of-social-workers
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 13:19]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Cressida Dick on 13:29 - Feb 12 with 504 viewscolinallcars

A policeman's lot
Is not
An 'appy one.

Is this a first mention of Gilbert & Sullivan on LFW ?
Cressida Dick on 14:11 - Feb 12 with 467 viewsLimehouseR

Cressida Dick on 13:16 - Feb 12 by SheffieldHoop

Well the bit about fewer crimes being solved nowadays seems fairly accurate

Edit - as does the social workers bit
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-too-often-do-the-job-of-social-workers
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 13:19]

Not being charged doesn’t mean the crime isn’t being solved. It’s also about the CPS deciding the charge doesn’t meet the threshold which they have made more difficult because they have a huge backlog of cases they’re already struggling with. I imagine other disposal methods of ‘community resolution’ and ‘caution’ are higher than they used to be because they are easier to get.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024