Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol/diesel prices 13:16 - Feb 23 with 3754 viewsloftboy

Surely it’s time for the government to rethink the taxation policy on fuel, prices are getting beyond a joke, Russia invading Ukraine pushing prices further, time to bring the taxation inline with other products.
Didn’t John major introduce a sliding fuel tax duty that escalates year on year, very soon it’s going to be a luxury and out of reach of us mere mortals.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Petrol/diesel prices on 02:55 - Feb 27 with 562 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Petrol/diesel prices on 15:40 - Feb 24 by MelakaRanger

According to the RAC

Fuel duty is currently levied at a flat rate of 57.95p per litre for both petrol and diesel, while VAT at 20% is then charged on both the product price and the duty.

Double taxation; nice. Given the money it spent during the pandemic, I wouldn't hold my breath on the government providing relief from fuel duty.
Petrol/diesel prices on 06:44 - Feb 27 with 495 viewswood_hoop

Petrol/diesel prices on 01:46 - Feb 25 by Boston

Litre (liter) to gallon conversion rate...a lot cheaper.

Its approx 5Lts to the gallon, so roughly £7.50 per gallon in the UK......liquid gold.

So those guys who drove to the Blackburn match yeaterday( 230 )miles from London, at say 40 miles per gallon = £85. return trip

I don't suppose the rail trip was much cheaper either, I salute those that did the trip yesterday the expence and time spent travelling is admiral,

And they say it could get even dearer !

Travelling by public transport to me is a social need,and should be subdised to a fair degree, but you gets what you vote for.........
Petrol/diesel prices on 09:29 - Feb 27 with 399 viewskernowhoop

Petrol/diesel prices on 16:02 - Feb 24 by MelakaRanger

A lot of people think its just a UK problem. Its not. Its worldwide- as is the massive price increase of natural gas.

These high prices are with us for some while yet - until the world calms down - and are probably here for at least another 12-18 months or so. We are all going to go OUCH paying these higher fuel bills.

We must also remember that fossil fuels are a finite resource and will in future years, as the 'reserves' fall, naturally increase in price. Its all down to supply & demand and we may never again see 'cheap' electricity/gas/petrol

The future needs everyone who can to have as much self generated power as possible. That will involve solar panels, battery storage, running an EV, Air source or ground source heat pumps.

Back in the 60s and 70s coal was king. I remember the Charringtons man delivering the many hundreweights of coal into the coal cellar.

Now, self generated renewables are king.

The cost benefit of installing solar/battery at home and running an EV make even more sence with petrol at £7+ a gallon.

Today you can get a 4kw solar system and a 8kw home battery installed for change out of £8 grand. Such system would allow most people to have almost zero electricity bills from March to October and much cheaper bills in the winter by charging the battery at night during the cheap rate. It would probably pay for itself in 6 or 7 years. And if you own your own home would greatly enhance the value of your property

Melaka - I agree that cheap electricity and fuel are a thing of the past. We are certainly going to have to get used to something different.
But, that 4kW 'solar system' would provide electricity only during the hours of daylight and less in winter than in summer. The output of the system will vary, even on a clear day, but note that, even while it was producing, you could not use many appliances - some kettles alone are 3kW. As for an 8kW battery - the measure of a battery is kWh. In other words, what it will produce over time. Maybe you meant 8kWh? That's just one kilowatt for eight hours. You will not do much with that.
On paper, it may look like you could cover your average consumption, but it is your peaks that matter. So, unless you were prepared to be without electricity from time to time, you will remain connected to the system and will incur daily standing charges, plus consumption.
Change from eight grand for such a system? How much electricity could you buy with £8.000?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024