Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
subuteo 17:31 - Apr 1 with 2756 viewsqpr_1968

did we all play it.....of course we did.
who had the whole works, floodlights, stand and about 20 teams.

and is it still about.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

subuteo on 09:45 - Apr 2 with 570 viewsdmm

subuteo on 09:24 - Apr 2 by wood_hoop

I has this instead of Subbeto, a much cheaper version,like tiddly winks.

My lads played with that many years ago. It was very old and tatty when we bought it from a second hand shop but I think we've still got it in the garage.
subuteo on 09:53 - Apr 2 with 569 viewsterryb

subuteo on 19:01 - Apr 1 by flynnbo

Recently, I have been purchasing vintage Subbuteo football but Subbuteo also had a moon game and an angling game which are both very rare. I bought and sold a Subbuteo Hockey game a coule of years ago which was only produced for a couple of years. The cricket and rugby games are also collectable but there are quite a few around. Got a couple of Choppers (1977 orange and silver mark 2 and a blue mark 1).

Apart from the football, I had the cricket & Speedway games. I liked the speedway but couldn't get into the cricket one.

Many an hour was spent playing subueto against my brother in our varoius leagues. Leicestershire & Rutland Senior League & Cornwall Senior League being my favourites.

We even produced programmes for some of the games!
subuteo on 09:57 - Apr 2 with 561 viewsthemodfather

had the world cup 78 edition, 3 teams england, germany and holland, it had 2 floodlights and a grandstand , i got the tv stand,corner kickers, throw in men, got extra terraces to go half way round , i had go ahead eagles which was rare, but many got damaged as an older brother staggered in!! i didn;t finish the ground as i had the beige/green stands and the later ones were red/blue, yuk!
subuteo on 10:35 - Apr 2 with 523 viewsdezzar

I only had 3 teams QPR, Brazil and Patrick Thistle for some reason , must have been the fetching red and amber hoops, me and my mates used to reinact the 74 World Cup games at half and full time with our own panel , based on the TV panels of the time. Cloughy and Dougan et al
subuteo on 11:01 - Apr 2 with 505 viewssoops

Me and my brother had about 30 teams between us. Not sure if it stands the test of time but used to substitute one of the Brazil players into the Norwich team to be Justin Fashanu.
subuteo on 16:33 - Apr 2 with 418 viewsitsbiga

subuteo on 18:38 - Apr 1 by dmm

I had a dartboard in my room. One day playing darts with my younger cousin I missed the dartboard completely and got him in his head. I pulled the dart out quickly hoping he hadn't noticed but annoyingly he had and he then proceeded to scream the place down.

My older bruv and I got well in to darts for a while.
We used to get into fist fights almost daily and on a few occasions one of us would lob a dart at the other. Plenty of darts in the thigh over the years :)
One thing that still makes me chuckle is when I loaded an air rifle with chewed up wet paper and shot him in the bare stomach while he was reading in his bed lol.
He beat the crap out of me for that one.
As far as subuteo we just had a basic set and a QPR home and away and an England side.
Trevor Francis (England kit) lost his right arm at some stage and we would get into a ruck over who would have him cuz he was the best player :)
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 16:39]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024