Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 22:57 - Apr 26 with 20806 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57684/steve-cooper-and-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57682/just-where-is-the-

The Swansea Indie meet up, equal times to be had, evening officer 😉 👊

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:52 - May 1 with 924 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:44 - May 1 by magicdaps10

You were not adding 5M to an already talented side! The talented side side had lost or were losing Woodman, Guehi, Roberts,Hourihane, Ayew and Lowe...Over 50% of that team gone.

That is why I wasn't expecting anything special especially a play off place. Martin came into a mess, could have easily have become a total horror show but to be so far off the bottom 3 and in fact closer to a play off spot is something that should be mildly nodded at.

If we added the new additions without those players leaving then I would say that you are correct but losing those players was clearly going to set us back massively.

Martin has made mistakes and he has things to sort out but ultimately he has done OK all things considered and most certainly made progression as the season has gone on.

Of course we were.

Woodman, Hourihane and Lowe would not be getting into this side.

Roberts, Guehi and Ayew were losses - more than replaced with Piroe, Obafemi, Pato, Ntcham, Christie, Downes, Fisher and Wolf.

There is not a chance I would swap those 8 players to have those 3 back. It would be lunacy.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:58 - May 1 with 902 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:51 - May 1 by magicdaps10

Sorry to back to Cooper and his time here but the 2nd half of last season was worse than the first....we were in decline and Cooper was then making mistakes from that first half of the season then?

Its all about consistency but that's been lost on some to suit an agenda, sorry to go over it again P but will leave that for you to think about and will resist from keeping on to you as it gets neither of us anywhere nor the site.

We weren’t backed in January. We needed a striker and didn’t get one.

If we matched the form of the first half of the season in the second half of the season, it would simply have meant we gained 1 position. 6 points was the difference between half 1 and half 2, it was not a significant variance.

Nothing but consistency with me Daps.

6th and play off semis
4th and play off final

The progression was obvious, and he has continued it throughout his career.

Season 1 - 1.52 points per game
Season 2 - 1.74 points per game
Season 3 - 2.08 points per game

Talk about consistency and progression…

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:59 - May 1 with 921 viewsRichardO

Martin has backed himself into a corner over his defensive decisions, one he should be brave enough to change, he did by putting Cabango in his correct position more or less playing 4 at the back but once he omitted Bennett and Burns he was in trouble hence the Forest game but even then don't think we would have coped with their pace on the counter with the players we have.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:04 - May 1 with 913 viewsBryanSwan

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:52 - May 1 by Dr_Parnassus

1995/6 for me.

No entitlement at all. Only recognition that we are performing well below our capabilities.

The ironic thing is, those happy with 15th seemed annoyed that we were 4th and 6th in recent seasons.

Its not even worth bothering, those annoyed were so because Cooper wasted a great group of players through his negative and turgid football. It was clear we were going backwards on the field, scraping 1-0 results despite being the poorer team.
What are our capabilities? We don't have rich owners and are not a massive club, Championship level seems about right for what we are.
Either way, hopefully Martin gets given until Xmas and then we'll see what happens.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:12 - May 1 with 902 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:04 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Its not even worth bothering, those annoyed were so because Cooper wasted a great group of players through his negative and turgid football. It was clear we were going backwards on the field, scraping 1-0 results despite being the poorer team.
What are our capabilities? We don't have rich owners and are not a massive club, Championship level seems about right for what we are.
Either way, hopefully Martin gets given until Xmas and then we'll see what happens.

He needs to learn from this season and bin his own ego though Bryan.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:23 - May 1 with 869 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 15:04 - May 1 by BryanSwan

His negative football yielded the same amount of points as Brendans. It wasn’t negative it was defensive, it’s how many league titles are won. He got the absolute last drop of potential out of those teams.

We went into those seasons around 10th place in terms of favourites for the title, he outstripped it year on year. There was no wastage.

Our capabilities are being a play off side, without question.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:24 - May 1 with 830 viewsnantywatcher

What an utterly ridiculous first paragraph.
'Negative and turgid' sums up much of this season's performances - up until the last month or so I have never ever been so bored watching a team I support.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:55 - May 1 with 784 viewsBryanSwan

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:24 - May 1 by nantywatcher

'Negative and turgid' sums up much of this season's performances - up until the last month or so I have never ever been so bored watching a team I support.

Oops, seems ive upset the Cooper fan club.

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:57 - May 1 with 762 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:55 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Just people that value common sense I think.

The club was expected to be around 10th. He managed back to back play off finishes and a joint record points haul. To say he wasted the seasons is ludicrous.

I bet you will say that about this season if Forest don’t go up - despite the fact people had them for relegation when he took over.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:07 - May 1 with 762 viewsBryanSwan

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:57 - May 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Just people that value common sense I think.

The club was expected to be around 10th. He managed back to back play off finishes and a joint record points haul. To say he wasted the seasons is ludicrous.

I bet you will say that about this season if Forest don’t go up - despite the fact people had them for relegation when he took over.

He has done well at Forest, but has played completely differently to what he did here. You cannott seriously tell me in his time here we were not an incredibly dull team to watch, just hoping for Ayew to nick a goal.
Players he had: Woodman, Guehi, Rodon, VDH, Wilmott, Roberts, Gallagher, Brewster, Ayew. Lot of talent in that list. Seems like he had better resources and failed here.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:19 - May 1 with 721 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:07 - May 1 by BryanSwan

He has done well at Forest, but has played completely differently to what he did here. You cannott seriously tell me in his time here we were not an incredibly dull team to watch, just hoping for Ayew to nick a goal.
Players he had: Woodman, Guehi, Rodon, VDH, Wilmott, Roberts, Gallagher, Brewster, Ayew. Lot of talent in that list. Seems like he had better resources and failed here.

He is a football manager, the good ones don’t just have one style regardless of what Russell Martin seems to think.

The good ones play to the strengths of the tools they have, Cooper didn’t have many technical players in key areas and didn’t have much money to spend to bring in such players permanently.

You are listing players that were not together at the same time.

Gallagher came for half a season from Charlton, not the player he is today.
Brewster is a sub at a Championship side, Cooper made him tick
Woodman is awful
Wilmott is a Championship defender
Rodon is vastly overrated and can’t buy game time, raw and inexperienced with us
Guehi - excellent
Ayew - excellent
Roberts - excellent

The above of course being over the course of two seasons and not all there at the same time. We majorly outstripped expected finishes both seasons.

In terms of last season to this season, we have swapped Roberts, Guehi and Ayew for Obafemi, Piroe, Pato, Ntcham, Downes, Christie, Fisher and Wolf.

We have the better of that exchange.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:20 - May 1 with 736 viewsjasper_T

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:07 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Ben Wilmott was rubbish for us. Cabango was ahead of him on performances back then.

Rodon and vdH were injured for long stretches. Brewster was/is an average poacher whose goal tally flattered to deceive. Both Piroe and Obafemi are clearly better players who contribute more.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:26 - May 1 with 709 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:20 - May 1 by jasper_T

Ben Wilmott was rubbish for us. Cabango was ahead of him on performances back then.

Rodon and vdH were injured for long stretches. Brewster was/is an average poacher whose goal tally flattered to deceive. Both Piroe and Obafemi are clearly better players who contribute more.

I agree.

I wouldn’t swap Brewster for either Obafemi or Piroe, let alone both. I wouldn’t even have to think about it.

I wouldn’t swap Ayew for either for that matter, I loved the guy when he was here - but he’s 33 this year and one of his main attributes is his workrate, which tends to drop off a cliff at around the age he is.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:26 - May 1 with 709 viewsonehunglow

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:24 - May 1 by nantywatcher

Honesty and well done for having the guts others should have to say the obvious.
Nobody but masochists have enjoyed this season.
All of sane mind are worried. That which we read on here is surreal and not true at all.

I’ve yet to see positive support for those players cast aside. This is not supporting the club,this is worshiping at the feet of the Messiah. And that was a load of baloney too.

We were proud and respected,now humiliated out of sight .

Cooper is no genius but it doesn’t take a genius coach to beat us . Lee Bowyer s decrepit outfit did

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:45 - May 1 with 663 viewsnantywatcher

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:55 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Absolutely I am in the "Cooper fan club." A first class manager forced out (so I'm told) by a CE who should not be trusted to run a corner shop let alone a multi million pound business. We are going nowhere good with Winter at the helm.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:53 - May 1 with 649 viewsFireboy2

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:45 - May 1 by nantywatcher

Absolutely I am in the "Cooper fan club." A first class manager forced out (so I'm told) by a CE who should not be trusted to run a corner shop let alone a multi million pound business. We are going nowhere good with Winter at the helm.

Forced out 🤣🤣🤣
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:57 - May 1 with 640 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:53 - May 1 by Fireboy2

Forced out 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure first class is correct either ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:18 - May 1 with 617 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57708/woeful-swansea-col

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:52 - May 1 with 575 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:53 - May 1 by Fireboy2

Forced out 🤣🤣🤣

well he was to a degree....what actually happened was a case of constructive dismissal the relationship between employee and employer breaking down making continued co operation impossible.
it began with the debacle of the January window when two crocked MLS players were forced on him when we needed a good striker despite this Cooper tried to make them work....and still got us to the play off final.
By now other clubs had come calling but we dibt want to let him go so the level of compensation quoted priced Cooper out of the running.

People say he walked how many employers when told by an employee keep them on the books and continue to pay them?
if he was just waking Winter would have said ok there's the door.
Others say he was sacked..again if he was sacked I'm not sure he would gave been asked to do what he did preseason.
I may ge wrong but having been involved with "compromise " agreements in my professional life this has all the hallmarks and it was Coopers legal guys who broke the news...

Again we all have our own opinions and I could be wrong .At the end of the day the only ones who know are Cooper and the club and if I am right any "agreement "will mean that we will never know.

Many will speculate and claim to have the insider view but just like posters stared Cooper had no involvement with the recruitment if Piroe have been shown to be wrong the same could be said for Coopers leaving.
Soon but will be a year since his departure and maybe we xa all including ne move on and lets focus on next season now the season of transition over..a full preseason...input to player acquisition no where to hide now

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:53 - May 1 with 570 viewsKeithHaynes

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:52 - May 1 by vetchonian

well he was to a degree....what actually happened was a case of constructive dismissal the relationship between employee and employer breaking down making continued co operation impossible.
it began with the debacle of the January window when two crocked MLS players were forced on him when we needed a good striker despite this Cooper tried to make them work....and still got us to the play off final.
By now other clubs had come calling but we dibt want to let him go so the level of compensation quoted priced Cooper out of the running.

People say he walked how many employers when told by an employee keep them on the books and continue to pay them?
Others say he was sacked..again if he was sacked I'm not sure he would gave been asked to do what he did preseason.
I may ge wrong but having been involved with "compromise " agreements in my professional life this has all the hallmarks and it was Coopers legal guys who broke the news...

Again we all have our own opinions and I could be wrong .At the end of the day the only ones who know are Cooper and the club and if I am right any "agreement "will mean that we will never know.

Many will speculate and claim to have the insider view but just like posters stared Cooper had no involvement with the recruitment if Piroe have been shown to be wrong the same could be said for Coopers leaving.
Soon but will be a year since his departure and maybe we xa all including ne move on and lets focus on next season now the season of transition over..a full preseason...input to player acquisition no where to hide now

This website reported Piroe coming was as much down to Cooper as anyone. 👍
Because it’s true.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:55 - May 1 with 560 viewsmagicdaps10

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:45 - May 1 by nantywatcher

That is not true, Cooper was not forced out.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:06 - May 1 with 541 viewsFireboy2

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:52 - May 1 by vetchonian

Bloody hell you do go on 🙄

I will keep this short and sweet, yes he was left down in the january window but as has been reported cooper wanted to leave before the play off final, touting himself out to PL clubs, then did nothing to prepare the squad for the season leaving the new manager with an uphill start to his tenure.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:08 - May 1 with 540 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:55 - May 1 by magicdaps10

That is not true, Cooper was not forced out.

and you know how?
same source who told you Cooper had no input to Piroes recruitment as you stated yesterday yet has been proven incorrect?

I have given a view which is a form of being forced iut
[Post edited 1 May 2022 20:09]

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:11 - May 1 with 535 viewsFireboy2

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:08 - May 1 by vetchonian

and you know how?
same source who told you Cooper had no input to Piroes recruitment as you stated yesterday yet has been proven incorrect?

I have given a view which is a form of being forced iut
[Post edited 1 May 2022 20:09]

When have I said that piroe wasn't a cooper signing?

It was well known and reported in several papers that cooper was touting himself out.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:16 - May 1 with 534 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:06 - May 1 by Fireboy2

Bloody hell you do go on 🙄

I will keep this short and sweet, yes he was left down in the january window but as has been reported cooper wanted to leave before the play off final, touting himself out to PL clubs, then did nothing to prepare the squad for the season leaving the new manager with an uphill start to his tenure.

was he touting himself or was he being sounded out
it's history now but amazing how it ok to knock Cooper still yet Martin despite this crap season is being given an easy ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024