Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 22:57 - Apr 26 with 20636 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57684/steve-cooper-and-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57682/just-where-is-the-

The Swansea Indie meet up, equal times to be had, evening officer 😉 👊

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:12 - Apr 30 with 1745 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:07 - Apr 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Agree, 5-1 absolutely flattered us.

Should have been 5-1 at half time. If that was 9-1 final score, we couldn’t have complained.

What absolutely baffles me though is people keep defending this way of playing. I’m sure had Surridge continued to miss golden chances and we came away with a 1-1 draw people would be trying to make out “we dominated” with 70% possession away to the form team of the division.

The lack of awareness of our fan base is now frightening, either that or it’s head in the sand and fingers in the ears delusion.

Russell Martin has wasted a season with superb players at his disposal. We drop to 15th, 1 game to play.

He has learned nothing.

I’ll leave it at that.

Why on earth are you having a go at the fan base. Bizarre
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:16 - Apr 30 with 1693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:12 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

For accepting the dross and promoting it. Slagging off anyone who dared critique it.

Not that bizarre surely?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:22 - Apr 30 with 1661 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin might have a future but is clearly an idealist with no pragmatic influences. These might have been Luke Williams (gone) or Mark Allen (gone). An idealist dumps a centre back Bennett on principle with no replacement. Burns like Rhys Williams was poor both bizarrely teenagers. Cameron Evans is probably better than both in a white shirt.

Results like this will harm morale and undermine confidence and Martin will need a pragmatist along side him. Winter is the only controlling influence. Replacing an experienced 32 year old centre back with a teenager after another teenage flopped defies logic.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 17:24]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:26 - Apr 30 with 1611 viewsjasper_T

Christie was poor again. Doesn't look fussed. No great shakes when he is. Wolf can't beat a man. Best of luck back in Germany, Hannes. Scrappy but largely ineffectual player.

Latibeaudiere got bullied. Can't handle pace. He's improved on the possession side this season but there's a reason he's gone from standout centre half and captain for England u17s to where he is now. The outside centre halves stepping into midfield got us into trouble time and time again on the counter.

Piroe not in the game at all. Difficult for him when 50% of our possession was passing between Naughton and Fisher 20 yards inside our half. Our goal comes from a long ball from Grimes. Simple, direct stuff. It shouldn't be the first option but we have the players to do that effectively when it's on. We're slow, narrow and static and well-drilled teams can generally handle us at our single-minded best. "Swansea won't change the way they play" is criticism, not praise.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:29 - Apr 30 with 1595 viewsunion_jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:26 - Apr 30 by jasper_T

Christie was poor again. Doesn't look fussed. No great shakes when he is. Wolf can't beat a man. Best of luck back in Germany, Hannes. Scrappy but largely ineffectual player.

Latibeaudiere got bullied. Can't handle pace. He's improved on the possession side this season but there's a reason he's gone from standout centre half and captain for England u17s to where he is now. The outside centre halves stepping into midfield got us into trouble time and time again on the counter.

Piroe not in the game at all. Difficult for him when 50% of our possession was passing between Naughton and Fisher 20 yards inside our half. Our goal comes from a long ball from Grimes. Simple, direct stuff. It shouldn't be the first option but we have the players to do that effectively when it's on. We're slow, narrow and static and well-drilled teams can generally handle us at our single-minded best. "Swansea won't change the way they play" is criticism, not praise.

You don’t need me to tell you but excellent post.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:29 - Apr 30 with 1591 viewsTreforys_Jack

You dont half play the victim aye. We are a decent seasoned CH away from being a very good outfit. RM also needs to stop being so stubborn and pig headed. Ryan Bennett would have been perfect against Bournemouth for example. If he is unable to do this, then he needs to move on, simples. I can't imagine the hierarchy are impressed with the way our season is peetering out, and questions and assurances will be needed. But don't blame the fans ffs.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:31 - Apr 30 with 1577 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:16 - Apr 30 by Dr_Parnassus

For accepting the dross and promoting it. Slagging off anyone who dared critique it.

Not that bizarre surely?

Allen was Head of football has been blamed and a sacked. Winter now has to control the ego of Martin who is quite prepared to take heavy losses on the altar of his principles picking make shift defences week on week.

Everyone expected to beat Swansea in the PL days assuming the possession team was soft. But Swansea were hard with Williams Monk Tate Taylor etc. Cabango needs a couple of tough mates. Not Naugton not Manning not teenagers.

Winter has to temper Martin's principles.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:38 - Apr 30 with 1530 viewsjasper_T

We were 3-0 up against Bournemouth when we changed from the back 4 to the 3 + wingbacks shape. 8 goals conceded in 115 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:38 - Apr 30 with 1529 viewsmagicdaps10

Not a great day, questions will need to be asked but some go on here like it's the end of the world......lets take a step back here and realise that we are in mid table!

Some will expected more, others will see us where we are as about right. Lots to work on but the issues are clear for all too see.

There is a lot of nonsense typed on here, will reiterate again that today was not good and that's down to Martin, the staff and the players........why we have to hear Coopers name brought up is staggering and very tiresome.

Sell one of our assets, replace that asset, creative 10 and a few defenders in.... Its really that simple.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:46 - Apr 30 with 1494 viewsmax936

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:26 - Apr 30 by jasper_T

Pretty much spot on that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:56 - Apr 30 with 1433 viewsshingle

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:12 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

Why is his post bizarre he is probably just having a go at a certain element of our fan base which are those who are still to this day being taken in by the Martin spiel and this process nonsense.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:57 - Apr 30 with 1429 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:29 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

You dont half play the victim aye. We are a decent seasoned CH away from being a very good outfit. RM also needs to stop being so stubborn and pig headed. Ryan Bennett would have been perfect against Bournemouth for example. If he is unable to do this, then he needs to move on, simples. I can't imagine the hierarchy are impressed with the way our season is peetering out, and questions and assurances will be needed. But don't blame the fans ffs.

I’m not blaming the fans for us being utterly dreadful, that’s squarely on the shoulders of Russell Martin. I’m blaming “some” fans for being utterly naive.

There is a difference.

The environment of zero critique has enabled this atmosphere where dross is accepted and excused. Any small positive detail lauded as some divine vision of football purity.

All in all, it’s a stupid way of playing with very little thought and substance behind it, that the better teams take apart and destroy with ease. It’s based on ego and arrogance and backed up by nothing.

We exist purely to stoke our own egos by outplaying the rubbish teams. Happy to be 15th if we can batter the likes of Peterborough off the park and pat ourselves on the back for knocking 800 passes around them.

We won’t mention the fact we have conceded 7 against Reading, 9 against Forest, 6 against Stoke, 8 against Fulham and 7 against Bournemouth.

Process innit. Transition.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:00 - Apr 30 with 1408 viewsmax936

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:38 - Apr 30 by magicdaps10

Not a great day, questions will need to be asked but some go on here like it's the end of the world......lets take a step back here and realise that we are in mid table!

Some will expected more, others will see us where we are as about right. Lots to work on but the issues are clear for all too see.

There is a lot of nonsense typed on here, will reiterate again that today was not good and that's down to Martin, the staff and the players........why we have to hear Coopers name brought up is staggering and very tiresome.

Sell one of our assets, replace that asset, creative 10 and a few defenders in.... Its really that simple.

There's deficiencies throughout the side front two apart, yet you say "Sell one of our assets, replace that asset, creative 10 and a few defenders in.... Its really that simple."

Martin has to change his ideas, he's to idealistic in his thinking, he must fantasise about playing like Liverpool and Citeh, but doesn't realise he hasn't got the players to play that game, they are buying in the 100 mill market and we are buying in the in the million and under market, its an impossible dream which has been borne out in far to many game's. Create a system that produces the best results, that's the way forward for a club at the stage where we are at.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:07 - Apr 30 with 1361 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:56 - Apr 30 by shingle

Why is his post bizarre he is probably just having a go at a certain element of our fan base which are those who are still to this day being taken in by the Martin spiel and this process nonsense.

Don't see hardly anyone if anyone at all taken in by his spiel tbh. Rubbish performance, let's lash out at the fans who have a slightly different view.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:15 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:07 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

Don't see hardly anyone if anyone at all taken in by his spiel tbh. Rubbish performance, let's lash out at the fans who have a slightly different view.

Lashing out?

I’m saying attacking people all season for making critiques that are bleeding obvious in order to feed a false narrative that Russell Martin is the saviour… has been ludicrous.

What we are seeing now is the reason why it’s been ludicrous. Why we get battered by these teams has been obvious from day 1, yet many have chosen to ignore it and instead accuse others of being negative or having an agenda.

I hope more people will wake up from their “vision, process and transition” stupor after today. But I wouldn’t bank on it.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to still hear “transition” midway through next season. I mean it happened at MK Dons… then when the new manager came in and changed the system in order to be more direct and ruthless he claimed it as his doing.

Quite remarkable.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:15 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsmax936

Watching Leeds v Citeh and Leeds have had some decent forward play, but fanny about in their own penalty box and nearly conceded again, sounds familiar, hey!

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:31 - Apr 30 with 1233 viewsChief

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:59 - Apr 30 by ReslovenSwan1

In January Martin decided Bennett would not play again. Allen gave him an 18 year old who does not look too happy to be here. It seemed a very odd signing and it has proved that way. Cabango as a lone Centre back has had too much to do. No wonder he was targetted last week.

Its football. Self made weaknesses will be exploited by 6 ft 3in forwards. Preferably two of them. Swansea has gone soft and the manager is to blame. Possession football does not mean being soft. 30 shots 15 on target means trouble. It is not sustainable.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 17:00]

Well Martin evidently didn't decide that because he's played 4 times since then.

Interesting once again you blame the manager when it's blindingly obvious to everyone that burns wasn't his choice.

Too blinkered for your own good. You were on the way to making a decent point though. Martin has to take responsibility for not playing an obviously capable player in Bennett.

The club recruitment team has to take responsibility for Burns and the potential off field shenanigans with your mate Mr Allen. But as you failed to pick up because you were too busy blaming Martin, the club has actually taken steps to sort it out (whether it be for on field performance or off field skulduggery) so I applaud them for that.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:33 - Apr 30 with 1225 viewsBryanSwan

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:15 - Apr 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Lashing out?

I’m saying attacking people all season for making critiques that are bleeding obvious in order to feed a false narrative that Russell Martin is the saviour… has been ludicrous.

What we are seeing now is the reason why it’s been ludicrous. Why we get battered by these teams has been obvious from day 1, yet many have chosen to ignore it and instead accuse others of being negative or having an agenda.

I hope more people will wake up from their “vision, process and transition” stupor after today. But I wouldn’t bank on it.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to still hear “transition” midway through next season. I mean it happened at MK Dons… then when the new manager came in and changed the system in order to be more direct and ruthless he claimed it as his doing.

Quite remarkable.

Were we poor today - yes
Have we been poor at different times this season - yes
Have we been good at times - yes

I would like to think managers who come here get given a fair crack at it and for me thats about 18 months minimum. If at Xmas we haven't improved/gone backwards i think then is the time to look at the manager.
Everyone wants instant success, but that just doesn't happen in football, unless you have billionaire owners.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:39 - Apr 30 with 1199 viewsmax936

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:31 - Apr 30 by Chief

Well Martin evidently didn't decide that because he's played 4 times since then.

Interesting once again you blame the manager when it's blindingly obvious to everyone that burns wasn't his choice.

Too blinkered for your own good. You were on the way to making a decent point though. Martin has to take responsibility for not playing an obviously capable player in Bennett.

The club recruitment team has to take responsibility for Burns and the potential off field shenanigans with your mate Mr Allen. But as you failed to pick up because you were too busy blaming Martin, the club has actually taken steps to sort it out (whether it be for on field performance or off field skulduggery) so I applaud them for that.

Burns is injured I've been reliably informed. That's that idea put to bed.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:44 - Apr 30 with 1161 viewsChief

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:39 - Apr 30 by max936

Fair enough.

So why has Allen gone?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:45 - Apr 30 with 1157 viewsswan65split

Yep, 9 games unbeaten wasn't it?

We knew we were lacking in defence for the last 2 games. All season in fact,

Things didn't look too bad until the mad chaotic 2nd half of the first half, and we went missing from then on. mind you they are pushing for auto position huh?

No pleasing some I suppose, he should know what's needed now next season, your post is spot on.

edit...should be a reply to BryanSwan......my fat fingers or bad eye sight!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 18:50]
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:46 - Apr 30 with 1149 viewsonehunglow

It's raining.
We badly needed it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:50 - Apr 30 with 1141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:39 - Apr 30 by max936

In the last 5 or 6 press conferences when asked about injuries Martin has not mentioned Burns being injured. He mentioned that he was doing OK in training last week.

Reliably informed by who? Nature of the injury.? Allen has just been sacked and Burns and Ogbeta are not playing. Perhaps Ogbeta i training OK as well. Rhys Williams was training OK also.

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:53 - Apr 30 with 1124 viewsTreforys_Jack

Need to go 442 or 451, that much is obvious to most people. What does worry me is the players don't seem fit enough to play RM's way, continually blowing after an hr. Thought the idea was to wear out the opposition.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:57 - Apr 30 with 1102 viewsSirjohnalot

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:33 - Apr 30 by BryanSwan

Were we poor today - yes
Have we been poor at different times this season - yes
Have we been good at times - yes

I would like to think managers who come here get given a fair crack at it and for me thats about 18 months minimum. If at Xmas we haven't improved/gone backwards i think then is the time to look at the manager.
Everyone wants instant success, but that just doesn't happen in football, unless you have billionaire owners.

Completely agree. I’m a big advocate for Martin. By Christmas he will either be a success or he will be gone.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 18:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024