Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 22:57 - Apr 26 with 20807 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57684/steve-cooper-and-â

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57682/just-where-is-the-

The Swansea Indie meet up, equal times to be had, evening officer 😉 👊

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:16 - May 1 with 926 viewsonehunglow

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:57 - Apr 30 by Sirjohnalot

Completely agree. I’m a big advocate for Martin. By Christmas he will either be a success or he will be gone.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 18:58]

With respect,obviously,could you adduce some evidence as to why you are a Big advocate of the coach and what substance there is for your mindset.
Are we in a better place than the first games when the coach suffered because of no pre season .Compare what we were at the start with what we are now.

Then ,compare with the last two seasons before the coach came to our club to make us a "proper club".

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:50 - May 1 with 890 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:16 - May 1 by onehunglow

With respect,obviously,could you adduce some evidence as to why you are a Big advocate of the coach and what substance there is for your mindset.
Are we in a better place than the first games when the coach suffered because of no pre season .Compare what we were at the start with what we are now.

Then ,compare with the last two seasons before the coach came to our club to make us a "proper club".

Under Potter - not promoted.
Under Cooper - not promoted x 2
Under Martin - not promoted
They are the only facts that matter ultimately
Next season - clean slate for Martin, needs to hit the ground running, using all his own players ( assuming he is allowed to choose who comes in and they are suitable replacements for whoever goes ), full pre season.
Then if he succeeds, brilliant.
If he fails ... there will be no hiding place.
Just give it until the winter break - if no change then, Winter has to act.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:59 - May 1 with 881 viewsSwans9

Hard game for the fans to watch second half but hopefully we will learn how to defend better next season. Well done fans staying to the end of the game to see tatey clap our fans.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:16 - May 1 with 868 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:59 - May 1 by Swans9

Hard game for the fans to watch second half but hopefully we will learn how to defend better next season. Well done fans staying to the end of the game to see tatey clap our fans.

Thanks.
Especially the last bit

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:35 - May 1 with 822 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:50 - May 1 by STID2017

Next season - clean slate for Martin, needs to hit the ground running, using all his own players ( assuming he is allowed to choose who comes in and they are suitable replacements for whoever goes ), full pre season.

Under Potter finished 10th
Cooper 1st season finished 6th
Cooper 2nd season finished 4th
Under Currently 15th

Is that progress?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:46 - May 1 with 811 viewscontroversial_jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 08:50 - May 1 by STID2017

Gone are the days when managers choose players to sign. That's all done my the recruitment staff. Managers are just coaches who have to work with what they have
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:56 - May 1 with 793 viewskrunchykarrot

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:35 - May 1 by vetchonian

Under Currently 15th

Is that progress?

Yes definately in my opinion, some of the football we have played has been exceptional the trick is consistency and finding the players to perform.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:59 - May 1 with 791 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:35 - May 1 by vetchonian

Under Currently 15th

Is that progress?

We want promotion.
End off.
That is the point.
No prizes for not getting promoted, whether you are 4th or 21st, still in the Championship next season.

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:03 - May 1 with 786 viewskrunchykarrot

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 07:59 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Did you watch Williams play? He wouldn't have gotten into a League 2 side. Elite loan. Give your head a wobble.

I keep saying Burns is a good player and needs to have played more minutes this season if we are keeping , Williams i was shocked couldnt do basics felt sorry for him confidence was shot had a nightmare in front of me last time out. Ogbeta i dont know enough about.

Posters can opine about the way we are set up and its not going to make the slightest bit of difference. RM will either get the players he needs or we will just exchange personel with the same result and managers stand on results as we all know. I would rather see this type of football a bit quiker yes than Cooperball anyday.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:03 - May 1 with 786 viewsTreforys_Jack

I would expect Winter and the owners to be asking very serious questions regarding RM's abilities and suitability for the continuation of his role. The reoccurring theme running rite through the season has been RM's inability or refusal to learn or adapt.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:08 - May 1 with 777 viewsBryanSwan

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:59 - May 1 by STID2017

We want promotion.
End off.
That is the point.
No prizes for not getting promoted, whether you are 4th or 21st, still in the Championship next season.

Potter was building something, there was a vision, couldn't get it implemented quickly enough and was poached.
Copper made us a hard to beat, but ultimately a boring side who rarely threatened to score. With a £20m striker.

From our own general experience if a team if capable going forward and then a defensive manager comes in we improve for a short period but ultimately regress. Laudrup to Monk, Potter to Cooper.

You also forget that we now have less money money as parachute payments have finished. Putting us at a disadvantage to the teams coming down and those that didnt go up at the first attempt.

I'm not a massive Martin fan, but the only way we get promoted is by playing differently to the other sides. If it doesnt work next season what have we lost?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:10 - May 1 with 774 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:03 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

I would expect Winter and the owners to be asking very serious questions regarding RM's abilities and suitability for the continuation of his role. The reoccurring theme running rite through the season has been RM's inability or refusal to learn or adapt.

You may be right.
If it happens ( and the change in staff recently indicates it could ) then hope it is swift and get a new man in.
If not, then revert to what I said above
[Post edited 1 May 2022 10:10]

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:15 - May 1 with 763 viewskrunchykarrot

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:08 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Potter was building something, there was a vision, couldn't get it implemented quickly enough and was poached.
Copper made us a hard to beat, but ultimately a boring side who rarely threatened to score. With a £20m striker.

From our own general experience if a team if capable going forward and then a defensive manager comes in we improve for a short period but ultimately regress. Laudrup to Monk, Potter to Cooper.

You also forget that we now have less money money as parachute payments have finished. Putting us at a disadvantage to the teams coming down and those that didnt go up at the first attempt.

I'm not a massive Martin fan, but the only way we get promoted is by playing differently to the other sides. If it doesnt work next season what have we lost?

Great post spot on, the only thing that i slightly disagree with is "playing differently to the other sides" this is the only way possesion football. Its how fast you can do it is key.

As for Potter he would be top of my list if i was a top 6 chairman.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:20 - May 1 with 740 viewsonehunglow

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:08 - May 1 by BryanSwan

Indeed,very good post that

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:23 - May 1 with 751 viewsWhiterockin

Under Currently 15th

Is that progress?

Under Potter finished 10th Parachute payments.
Cooper 1st season finished 6th Parachute payments.
Cooper 2nd season finished 4th Parachute payments.
Under Currently 15th No parachute payments.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:31 - May 1 with 714 viewsonehunglow

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:23 - May 1 by Whiterockin

Parachutes sometimes let you down

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:41 - May 1 with 722 viewsjasper_T

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:23 - May 1 by Whiterockin

Potter had a parachute payment, a £90m wage bill to cut in half, and £60m of liabilities to generate funds towards when he arrived. It wasn't extra money to spend, and many of our best players then were on less than our current standard wage.
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:51 - May 1 with 698 viewsvetchonian

We spent £5.5m this season on transfers more than the last two seasons
One player cost a tenth of that is hardly being used by this manager

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:53 - May 1 with 697 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:03 - May 1 by Treforys_Jack

If he isn’t crossing players and cannot get the players chosen to fit into the team then next season won’t be any better. I’m wondering if some of the quick attacking play like our goal yesterday is being done contrary to his orders?

There was no cohesion out there yesterday. Watching Christie jog back not preventing a corner made me want to Chuck my beer at the screen FFF. And that wasn’t the only instance either. Forest weren’t good - we gave them literally everything yesterday and what we didn’t give them the red made up for.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:55 - May 1 with 692 viewsmax936

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:10 - May 1 by STID2017

You may be right.
If it happens ( and the change in staff recently indicates it could ) then hope it is swift and get a new man in.
If not, then revert to what I said above
[Post edited 1 May 2022 10:10]

I think Martin will stay and I really don't think much will change either, we'll lose players this summer without doubt and yet another rebuild begins.
What options have we got, no one is gonna want to come here, we struggled before we brought Martin in.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:57 - May 1 with 690 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:53 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

If he isn’t crossing players and cannot get the players chosen to fit into the team then next season won’t be any better. I’m wondering if some of the quick attacking play like our goal yesterday is being done contrary to his orders?

There was no cohesion out there yesterday. Watching Christie jog back not preventing a corner made me want to Chuck my beer at the screen FFF. And that wasn’t the only instance either. Forest weren’t good - we gave them literally everything yesterday and what we didn’t give them the red made up for.

Posted the same elsewhere.
Even Peterborough could have stuck four past us yesterday.
Truly awful performance.
Forest must be wondering how they didn't score double figures

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:58 - May 1 with 690 viewsFireboy2

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:53 - May 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Imagine what it was like for us that were there brynnie 😡

We were in the game at half time but the two quick goals knocked the stuffing out of us and what p!ssed me off was the way they gave up after those goals.

We left as soon as the final whistle, was never going to clap them after that second half performance.

[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:02]
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:04 - May 1 with 661 viewsDr_Parnassus

Parachute payments do nothing much other than service historical debt.

If Cooper was getting the parachute payments to use on players he wanted then that would be one thing. Unfortunately it was to service historical Premier League salaries for players not worth anything near what they were being paid.

Cooper had the least to spend of any manager in a long long time, and got the best out of any side for a long long time. A theme he has since continued, Forest also have no parachute payments of course and were rock bottom of the league after finishing 17th the season before.

We have spent more on players than Forest have this season.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:20]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:27 - May 1 with 630 viewsRichardO

Bullied and outpaced at the back, happened in a number of games recently, this was the defensive team left from Coopers reign minus Guehi, Bidwell and the omission of Bennett, Cooper ended dropping the defence and midfield to reduce the threat of pace, while Bennett and Carbango provided the strength and height at set pieces needed.

This season the loan signing have been mismanaged and played out of their position, now abandoned.
So we are still lacking the pace and strength at the back as we were at the start of the season.
Carbango playing in his right position against Bournemouth showed it might not need that much to change the situation but his omission shows how much we need better defenders.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:39]
Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:54 - May 1 with 596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nottingham Forest v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 10:58 - May 1 by Fireboy2

Imagine what it was like for us that were there brynnie 😡

We were in the game at half time but the two quick goals knocked the stuffing out of us and what p!ssed me off was the way they gave up after those goals.

We left as soon as the final whistle, was never going to clap them after that second half performance.

[Post edited 1 May 2022 11:02]

To be honest I’m umming and arrring about going next week. They’ll probably be expecting a lap of honour

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024