Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR keeper scoring record 20:30 - Aug 13 with 3340 viewsRangersDave

Great goal by Senny today and saved the game for us.

However the question has popped up, and someone has answered it, regarding Senny's goal being the first time a keeper has scored for Rangers.

Now i'm going to dispute that (for the time being) as my addled old farty brain cells seem to remember a game in the 70's when ,( i think it was Parkes), aided by a strong wind scored twice in a home match.

One was if i'm remembering correctly dissallowed for a direct goal kick that got taken by the wind, bounced over the oncoming keeper and into the oppo's net.
In the same match, i have vague recollections of the second goal being allowed due to a hand from the keeper, or deflection.

I also seem to remember a couple of keepers getting goals for Rangers in last minute 'up the other end' skirmishes.

This might be all B.S., and my memory snagging on what it thinks rather than reality, but i dont think Seny's goal was the first by a keeper.

Open to corrections.
Best and Well done Uuuuuuuurrrrrrrrsssss

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

QPR keeper scoring record on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 3213 viewsdixiedean

Dave , I remember Phil Parkes scored against Leicester from a drop kick but it was disallowed for offside about 10 yds inside their half despite the ball being in the clouds . I think we won 4-2. Maybe 1974?
QPR keeper scoring record on 04:52 - Aug 14 with 2937 viewsPlanetHonneywood

People are overlooking the fact that Chair is only the fourth QPR player to ever score from a DFK since 1882.

Such feats nearly as rare as a QPR keeper scoring.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR keeper scoring record on 07:35 - Aug 14 with 2879 viewssexton

QPR keeper scoring record on 21:30 - Aug 13 by dixiedean

Dave , I remember Phil Parkes scored against Leicester from a drop kick but it was disallowed for offside about 10 yds inside their half despite the ball being in the clouds . I think we won 4-2. Maybe 1974?

Boxing Day game?

Danny Westwood (?) strayed a yard or two offside as Parksey drop kicked it and it the ball bounced over their keeper. The insane offside law at the time meant it was disallowed.
QPR keeper scoring record on 09:10 - Aug 14 with 2767 viewsTonto

I was wondering how many clubs have had a keeper score for them? So this being our first would be the same deal for pretty much any club? I would guess less than 50% of clubs have had a keeper score.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

QPR keeper scoring record on 09:22 - Aug 14 with 2725 viewsfrancisbowles

The second incident in that game was that Danny Westwood scored his one and only QPR goal. It came from a long kick by Parkes and, if I remember correctly, DW got his head on it around the edge of the penalty area and scored.
QPR keeper scoring record on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 2688 viewsSonofpugwash

First time in R's history where a goalkeeper is joint top goalscorer?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

QPR keeper scoring record on 11:24 - Aug 14 with 2538 viewscyprusmel

Senny has a long way to go to beat the current manager of Sao Paulo, Rogerio Ceni who as a goalkeeper scored 131 goals in 25 year spell.

Wiki
QPR keeper scoring record on 12:49 - Aug 14 with 2437 viewsDavieQPR

QPR keeper scoring record on 11:24 - Aug 14 by cyprusmel

Senny has a long way to go to beat the current manager of Sao Paulo, Rogerio Ceni who as a goalkeeper scored 131 goals in 25 year spell.

Wiki

Who was MBs boss at San Paulo.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR keeper scoring record on 14:35 - Aug 14 with 2337 viewsBoston

QPR keeper scoring record on 07:35 - Aug 14 by sexton

Boxing Day game?

Danny Westwood (?) strayed a yard or two offside as Parksey drop kicked it and it the ball bounced over their keeper. The insane offside law at the time meant it was disallowed.

Disappointing attendance, lowest Boxing Day numbers in the First Division at 17,311. Of course, it was only two days before we went to Stamford Bridge

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR keeper scoring record on 15:30 - Aug 14 with 2233 viewssexton

QPR keeper scoring record on 14:35 - Aug 14 by Boston

Disappointing attendance, lowest Boxing Day numbers in the First Division at 17,311. Of course, it was only two days before we went to Stamford Bridge

Hadn't realised that. Possibly my favourite game ever!

They took turns to kick Stan, but we annihilated them.
QPR keeper scoring record on 18:07 - Aug 14 with 2117 viewsthemodfather

can senny start more upfront? sell dykes....
QPR keeper scoring record on 20:02 - Aug 14 with 1962 viewsSonofpugwash

Sorry if Spackman.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

QPR keeper scoring record on 13:26 - Aug 15 with 1674 viewsstanistheman

QPR keeper scoring record on 20:02 - Aug 14 by Sonofpugwash

Sorry if Spackman.

Maybe in future if we are winning by at least 2 goals and in or approaching the end of the game he can go up for any corners we get to add to his scoring exploits.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024