Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona - Nou Camp 08:57 - Aug 24 with 7283 viewsJuzzie

As we’re in the vicinity I’m taking my boy to see the Barcelona v Man City game tonight.
He’ll be wearing his new QPR away shirt, I wonder if he’ll be the first!

I’ve been to loads of grounds around England (and one in Scotland) and quite a few neutral non-QPR games too but never seen a match abroad.

Anyone been? Any tips/pointers etc?

Barcelona - Nou Camp on 19:39 - Aug 24 with 1143 viewsaston_hoop

My first time watching Kyle Walker since an away game at the Ricoh years ago when he tore Coventry apart under Warnock. Think Tommy Smith scored that day

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barcelona - Nou Camp on 00:47 - Aug 25 with 1044 viewsJuzzie

Just back (1.30am local time)

Yeah, amazing ground but can see why it needs bringing in the 21st century.
The whole place just felt like a money machine, maybe it was the occasion being a friendly but just never got that nerve tingling feeling of being at a game, 91,000 people too, my second biggest game after the Milk Cup Final.
They literally had one song repeated about every 10 minutes. I couldn’t fathom out where was deemed the home end, no ultras or anythin* like that. They outdid Man Utd in terms of it being a tourist trap. I reckon genuine home fans were probably outnumbered 2:1

Until player salaries come under control I just can’t see how they can revamp the ground. It’s criminal they are in such a perilous financial state when you see the income being generated.

3-3 and the football seemed almost suicidal at times. Again, maybe because that was due to the occasion. Certainly made for an entertaining game. Hope the City player who had extensive treatment at the end us ok.
Barcelona - Nou Camp on 08:31 - Aug 25 with 931 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have only been to Barca once, during a Stag weekend in May 2005.

Lionel Messi came off the bench and scored his first ever goal.

Swoooooooooooooooooooooooon!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barcelona - Nou Camp on 08:52 - Aug 25 with 907 viewsnix

I went once to the Nou. What a team it was then: Messi, Puyol, who was playing in RM for some reason and was brilliant, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Yaya Toure, Maxwell, Pique. It was a good atmosphere but I think our singing is much better here.
Barcelona - Nou Camp on 16:04 - Aug 25 with 789 viewsJuzzie

The first to wear the new ‘Barca ’ QPR away kit at the Nou Camp?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024