Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They may not be your best group or singer.... 22:59 - Aug 27 with 9345 viewsqpr_1968

but what song or songs do it for you.
and obviously there are plenty out there.

for whatever reason....first date, funeral, wedding or just a beautiful song.

since i was a kid, never dated....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:05 - Aug 27 with 4427 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Every time.
Sublime, soulful pain and pathos.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 4428 viewsMrSheen

I was driving home from Queen Charlotte’s after Mrs Sheen had unloaded our twins, the radio had picked up a pirate station playing Lauren Hill’s Zion. I had to pull over until I stopped crying. Because it was a pirate station, something went wrong and they played it again. I thought I’d never get home.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lauryn+hill+zion&client=safari&hl=en-g
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:13 - Aug 27 with 4408 viewslightwaterhoop

Either Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen or Changing of The Guards by Bob Dylan.But as you say there are so many others.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:16 - Aug 27 with 4389 viewsQPR_John

The Pogues. Fairytale of New York
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:46 - Aug 27 with 4303 viewsnix

Late night tunes.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:46 - Aug 27 with 4307 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

John Grant - Where dreams go to die
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 23:59]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:49 - Aug 27 with 4291 viewsqpr_1968

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:46 - Aug 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

John Grant - Where dreams go to die
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 23:59]

beautiful clive...

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:56 - Aug 27 with 4269 viewslarsricchi

Eva Cassidy. Taken too soon. My dad introduced me to her music. He passed three years ago, amplifying the feels exponentially.

Login to get fewer ads

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:00 - Aug 28 with 4241 viewsted_hendrix

Very emotional song this, despite what many people believe JC didn't write the lyrics that was Trent Reznor frontman with Nine Inch Nails.
Anyway I had a lot of time for Johnny Cash a real Mans Man.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:02 - Aug 28 with 4234 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:49 - Aug 27 by qpr_1968

beautiful clive...

I've always found it really irritating.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:03 - Aug 28 with 4222 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:46 - Aug 27 by nix

Late night tunes.

Had some friends over from England last weekend. So, we're up all night playing choons, playing the fool, and swapping tales about the people who are gone and the people who are still with us. And one of the gang, Christine, puts this on. And we all go "greaaaat choon" and we all go quiet for five minutes.

Song of the night.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:07 - Aug 28 with 4208 viewsqpr_1968

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:00 - Aug 28 by ted_hendrix

Very emotional song this, despite what many people believe JC didn't write the lyrics that was Trent Reznor frontman with Nine Inch Nails.
Anyway I had a lot of time for Johnny Cash a real Mans Man.

nice....again, there are plenty out there.

that was some mars on his boat.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:07 - Aug 28 with 4196 viewsnix

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:03 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Had some friends over from England last weekend. So, we're up all night playing choons, playing the fool, and swapping tales about the people who are gone and the people who are still with us. And one of the gang, Christine, puts this on. And we all go "greaaaat choon" and we all go quiet for five minutes.

Song of the night.

Which one Brian, the Portishead or the Lizzy? Both have the same effect on me!

Your friends from England have impeccable taste obvs.

I love the song you posted too. I'd never heard it before.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:10 - Aug 28 with 4178 viewsqpr_1968

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:02 - Aug 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've always found it really irritating.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:12 - Aug 28 with 4169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:07 - Aug 28 by nix

Which one Brian, the Portishead or the Lizzy? Both have the same effect on me!

Your friends from England have impeccable taste obvs.

I love the song you posted too. I'd never heard it before.

Sorry, Nix. Portishead. I remember where I was when I first heard 'Dummy', a house in Tuffnell Park. Good music when first heard, like a nice scent when first savoured, can pin you for evrmore to a place, a time and a memory. It's inescapable, even if we would ever want to escape it.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:19 - Aug 28 with 4128 viewsnix

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:12 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, Nix. Portishead. I remember where I was when I first heard 'Dummy', a house in Tuffnell Park. Good music when first heard, like a nice scent when first savoured, can pin you for evrmore to a place, a time and a memory. It's inescapable, even if we would ever want to escape it.

You definitely have the soul of a poet Brian! Some people just wouldn't believe this was a football fans forum if they read some of the threads.

You're right about the memories.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:23 - Aug 28 with 4103 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:30 - Aug 28 with 4066 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:19 - Aug 28 by nix

You definitely have the soul of a poet Brian! Some people just wouldn't believe this was a football fans forum if they read some of the threads.

You're right about the memories.

Yes, I'm an R's-soul!

You're right about this forum, definitely. It's the best football forum I've known and the best non-football forum I've known. Both.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:42 - Aug 28 with 4004 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If anyone here hasn't got into Tom Waits yet, please try and get beyond the Grover voice and the stage antics. The melodies, the lyrics, the inutterable beauty all floor me.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:47 - Aug 28 with 3990 viewsQPRSteve

Sandy Denny's voice coupled with Richard Thompson's guitar.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:59 - Aug 28 with 3959 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:47 - Aug 28 by QPRSteve

Sandy Denny's voice coupled with Richard Thompson's guitar.

That's class. New to me, thanks.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 01:01 - Aug 28 with 3963 viewsqpr_1968

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:42 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

If anyone here hasn't got into Tom Waits yet, please try and get beyond the Grover voice and the stage antics. The melodies, the lyrics, the inutterable beauty all floor me.

yes, stuck with the song right till the end......powerful words.
your obviously a fan, i'll check some other stuff from him.
think he's worked with other artists.
very louis armstrong.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 01:02 - Aug 28 with 3961 viewsLoftgirl

I can't always listen to this as it sums up the emptiness in my life. Brings me to tears every time.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 01:11 - Aug 28 with 3933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 01:01 - Aug 28 by qpr_1968

yes, stuck with the song right till the end......powerful words.
your obviously a fan, i'll check some other stuff from him.
think he's worked with other artists.
very louis armstrong.

Good stuff.
Try the 'Asylum Years' album maybe to start with, or of you're on Spotify, you're welcome to flick through an old playlist of mine:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0I1VZotfRqprWEL2v8UQyb?si=14ff947f546548bd

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 01:13 - Aug 28 with 3926 viewsqpr_1968

still celebrating our win tonight and have listened to every song on this thread which have been absolutely superb.

so am gonna have another bottle of kopparberg and leave you all with a couple of classics from a super star, whether you like him or not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024