Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They may not be your best group or singer.... 22:59 - Aug 27 with 9500 viewsqpr_1968

but what song or songs do it for you.
and obviously there are plenty out there.

for whatever reason....first date, funeral, wedding or just a beautiful song.

since i was a kid, never dated....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 22:43 - Aug 29 with 1398 viewsToast_R

My wife and I had this song at our wedding. Underrated.

This one reminds me of my dad, he told me it was the first record he ever bought.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:02 - Aug 30 with 1339 viewsAirtomoreira

An awful lot of the real Peter Green in this song - quite a bit of me at certain times in my life as well (though thankfully not now)
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 09:14 - Aug 30 with 1266 viewsRamseyR

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 1159 viewspeterlund_dk

Could easily have chosen other songs from both Neil Young and Massive Attack.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 1131 viewsPunteR

Probably the most profoundly emotional response to a song was this one.
It was a bit ridiculous really.
But for context, I was just on my way home up the M4 after being at Great Ormond Street Hospital for my then 3 year old who just had a life saving operation a couple of days before. My wife was staying with him and I was alone in the car on route to pick up my other two children who had stayed at friends.
Just to be clear, it had been a pretty dramatic three years beforehand, and this week was no different really. ,not least the rush up to GOSH from Frimley Park Hospital , approx 30 miles with blues and twos going off and me and my mother in law following in the car.
I'd held myself together well up to this point. You kind of have to in these situations don't you?
Anyway, the operation was a success and I left the hospital that night with Archie still hooked up to monitors but stable.
So.
This sing came on and I was in floods of tears. Just the sheer rush of emotion that was pent up over the week ,months and probably the years leading up to this point.

This song is an account of lead singer Joel Pott's fear and hope as he bonded with his baby daughter after she suffered a seizure shortly after being born and was rushed into intensive care.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 9:51]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 09:53 - Sep 1 with 1119 viewsTheChef

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 13:07 - Aug 28 by danehoop

For some reason I don't seem to be able to

Shipbuilding - Robert Wyatt version

Take on me - A-Ha, the MTV unplugged version from 2017

Marthas Harbour - All About Eve, live version from Top of The Pops (BBC cocked up the previous week for normal mimed playback, so invited AAE back to play live as recompense and they didn't disappoint). If anyone could help with the links that would be great.

Another vote for Shipbuilding - love both the Wyatt and Costello versions.

So much social commentary packed into a three minute song.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:06 - Sep 1 with 1106 viewsTheChef

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 13:25 - Aug 28 by ted_hendrix

Been sat In the garden for most of the morning with my 12 string Faith acoustic playing/trying to play this awesome Rolling Stones song 'Good Times-Bad Times'.
Supporting this bloody club of ours means you sign up for good times bad times.

Re The Stones this one always gets me...

And used to great effect in The Sopranos.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:21 - Sep 1 with 1078 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Love this wistful beauty.

Login to get fewer ads

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:44 - Sep 1 with 1050 viewsPunteR

Powerful song.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:49 - Sep 1 with 1042 viewsTheChef

Moby goes full-on heavy shouty angst. Pure emotion.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 10:49]

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:59 - Sep 1 with 1022 viewsPunteR

I can't remember why this song resonated at the time but it stuck with me from when I first heard it.
I guess it's wanting honesty ( don't we all) whether being honest with someone or someone being honest with me. Kind of struck a chord.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 11:10 - Sep 1 with 1012 viewscolinallcars

Donkey's years ago, I had the worst and most boring job in my life, packing china plates and cups. However, I worked with a couple of cheery West Indian blokes who had a little music player and played this a lot.
I bought the CD when I left and still play it on occasion.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 993 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:38 - Sep 3 with 844 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Poll: Expectations for this season?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:19 - Sep 4 with 752 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:13 - Sep 4 with 692 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

So I stumbled across Justin Hawkins YouTube channel a few weeks ago (I think there's a guilty secrets thread on this website somewhere...)

Anyway watching one of them tonight and he's talking about Coldplay - Yellow which I've always thought was a decent effort. He seems to agree but strangely diverts attention to this song at the end.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 05:16 - Sep 5 with 647 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 22:25 - Sep 9 with 478 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024