Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They may not be your best group or singer.... 22:59 - Aug 27 with 9525 viewsqpr_1968

but what song or songs do it for you.
and obviously there are plenty out there.

for whatever reason....first date, funeral, wedding or just a beautiful song.

since i was a kid, never dated....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 13:25 - Aug 28 with 1946 viewsted_hendrix

Been sat In the garden for most of the morning with my 12 string Faith acoustic playing/trying to play this awesome Rolling Stones song 'Good Times-Bad Times'.
Supporting this bloody club of ours means you sign up for good times bad times.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 14:43 - Aug 28 with 1892 viewswood_hoop

What a great thread, some excellent posts.

I was the typical young man in the early seventies, wine, women and song, met a young lady who totally stole my heart, the first one that had managed to break through that tough gruff exterior that was part of my growing up, she was such a beautiful person, helped me so much at times of real hardship and pain, and yet I still didn't take with both hands something that many can go through life without, the day came when even she could take no more and called it a day.

Was at a friends party the last time I ever saw her and this song was playing on the decks, my mate said it wasn't on purpose.......... maybe just fate,

I do have great regrets I never treated her with the tenderness and respect she deserved.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 14:44 - Aug 28 with 1883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 14:43 - Aug 28 by wood_hoop

I was the typical young man in the early seventies, wine, women and song, met a young lady who totally stole my heart, the first one that had managed to break through that tough gruff exterior that was part of my growing up, she was such a beautiful person, helped me so much at times of real hardship and pain, and yet I still didn't take with both hands something that many can go through life without, the day came when even she could take no more and called it a day.

Was at a friends party the last time I ever saw her and this song was playing on the decks, my mate said it wasn't on purpose.......... maybe just fate,

I do have great regrets I never treated her with the tenderness and respect she deserved.

Absolute belter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 15:09 - Aug 28 with 1842 viewsnix

Hopefully these will work Dane. Love the Robert Wyatt.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 15:11 - Aug 28 with 1834 viewsnix

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 14:43 - Aug 28 by wood_hoop

What a song Wood. I'm sad it didn't work out for you.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:10 - Aug 28 with 1800 viewsqpr_1968

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 13:25 - Aug 28 by ted_hendrix

Been sat In the garden for most of the morning with my 12 string Faith acoustic playing/trying to play this awesome Rolling Stones song 'Good Times-Bad Times'.
Supporting this bloody club of ours means you sign up for good times bad times.

when you've mastered it ted, tape/record it, and put it on here.....
we wanna hear your version.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:25 - Aug 28 with 1785 viewsdanehoop

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 15:09 - Aug 28 by nix

Hopefully these will work Dane. Love the Robert Wyatt.

You are awesome Nix!

Never knowingly understood

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:51 - Aug 28 with 1765 viewsA40Bosh

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:56 - Aug 27 by larsricchi

Eva Cassidy. Taken too soon. My dad introduced me to her music. He passed three years ago, amplifying the feels exponentially.

McCartney quotes this as the one song he wish he had written.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:57 - Aug 28 with 1760 viewsderbyhoop

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:47 - Aug 28 by QPRSteve

Sandy Denny's voice coupled with Richard Thompson's guitar.

I like it but it probably goes on a bit too long.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 1760 viewsA40Bosh

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:12 - Aug 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry, Nix. Portishead. I remember where I was when I first heard 'Dummy', a house in Tuffnell Park. Good music when first heard, like a nice scent when first savoured, can pin you for evrmore to a place, a time and a memory. It's inescapable, even if we would ever want to escape it.

Glory Box but also Sour Times.
I am a sucker for that suspense drama Hungarian/Eastern Europe instrument that sounds like every Sherlock Holmes or Victorian murder mystery.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 18:20 - Aug 28 with 1700 viewslarsricchi

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 16:58 - Aug 28 by A40Bosh

Glory Box but also Sour Times.
I am a sucker for that suspense drama Hungarian/Eastern Europe instrument that sounds like every Sherlock Holmes or Victorian murder mystery.

Sour Times had a great video, too. Geoff Barrow showing up midway through looking ever so menacing -- love it.

Roads is another song from Dummy that has the potential to do me in
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 18:31 - Aug 28 with 1690 viewsB_Wad

Love seeing a Robert Wyatt song in the thread.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 18:32]
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 22:49 - Aug 28 with 1607 viewsGaryT

This always takes me back to when it was getting close to lights up and I thought I was in...then wasn't....which happened a lot.

From the album Closing Time which is another good place to start your Tom Waits Journey. Nighthawks at the Diner is another with a generous sprinkling of humour for good measure.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 22:53]
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:21 - Aug 28 with 1582 viewsTripper

Loved this version of the old Irish classic.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:49 - Aug 28 with 1553 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:56 - Aug 28 with 1547 viewsqpr_1968

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 23:49 - Aug 28 by loftboy

1974....very touching....
remember all of us in our mates house copying the totp thing....

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 00:51 - Aug 29 with 1520 viewsTripper

Love this. Remember being in Ireland as a kid and my cousin had this on a compilation album. Only other record I remember being on it was Kong Ku fighting.
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:35 - Aug 29 with 1423 viewsQPR_John

I know I made my choice earlier on but this is a great song
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 10:55 - Aug 29 with 1397 viewsBucksRanger

I prefer the original but the Rod McKuen words used in the English version are excellent.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 10:58]
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 11:59 - Aug 29 with 1362 viewswelwynranger

Beautiful South
Window Shopping For Blinds.

And any of the tracks on the Quench Album.

Written when he was in the depths of Alcholism
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 18:34 - Aug 29 with 1278 viewsRedbourneR

Great thread. Tom Waits is The Man for me (Saturday Night ... Jersey Girl ... The Piano Has Been Drinking ... all amazing tunes) but when I was younger it was Springsteen. Then he made some rubbish and I wasn't that interested anymore. Until he came out with Western Stars album, and this track, Moonlight Motel.

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 19:53 - Aug 29 with 1219 viewsSonofpugwash

Featuring the wonderful Jimmy Herring on guitar.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 20:50 - Aug 29 with 1175 viewsQPsyR

FKA AcidPixie

They may not be your best group or singer.... on 22:03 - Aug 29 with 1135 viewsLythamR

+1 for Still in love with you - Lizzy

Seasons in the Sun Terry Jacks always tajes me straight to the Loft on a sunny saturday afternoon

But for me its Smokey Robinson
They may not be your best group or singer.... on 22:32 - Aug 29 with 1112 viewsTonto

Couldn't tell you another song they did, even though I have seen them play live before an NFL game at Wembley... but this one track is freaking epic.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 22:33]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024