Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone explain to me..... 15:18 - Sep 9 with 5434 viewsQPRcounsellor

Why football is cancelled but rugby isn't?
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:20 - Sep 9 with 4197 viewsnix

Because most politicians go to the rugby rather than the football?
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:21 - Sep 9 with 4190 viewsEastR

It could be for the same reason this thread exists while there's another perfectly good one on the go to discuss exactly the same thing. Then again, some things in life are defy explanation.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:28 - Sep 9 with 4137 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:20 - Sep 9 by nix

Because most politicians go to the rugby rather than the football?

Absolutely ridiculous decision, like so many things these days.
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:35 - Sep 9 with 4087 viewsdaveB

it's all about the footballing goverening bodies who like to be seen to do something and now look stupid becasue no one else followed them.

Guidance from govertment is thats its fine to play
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:36 - Sep 9 with 4062 viewsJames_Paddocks

The fact my boy's football has been binned this weekend, is mind bendingly stupid.

"Dad, why can't I play football this weekend?"

"Because you need to stay home and mourn."
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:38 - Sep 9 with 4049 viewsJuzzie

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:36 - Sep 9 by James_Paddocks

The fact my boy's football has been binned this weekend, is mind bendingly stupid.

Same here, training tomorrow and their first game of the season on Sunday, which they were all so much looking forward to, cancelled.

They're 7 years old, let them play.
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:44 - Sep 9 with 3994 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:21 - Sep 9 by EastR

It could be for the same reason this thread exists while there's another perfectly good one on the go to discuss exactly the same thing. Then again, some things in life are defy explanation.

A decision so ridiculous and lacking in any logic EastR, that it deserves a headline of it's own.
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:45 - Sep 9 with 3986 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:38 - Sep 9 by Juzzie

Same here, training tomorrow and their first game of the season on Sunday, which they were all so much looking forward to, cancelled.

Jeeeeez. It's like lockdown all over again.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:46 - Sep 9 with 3974 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:36 - Sep 9 by James_Paddocks

I can't believe this mate.
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:47 - Sep 9 with 3961 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:35 - Sep 9 by daveB

it's all about the footballing goverening bodies who like to be seen to do something and now look stupid becasue no one else followed them.

Guidance from govertment is thats its fine to play

Thanks Dave. Dear me, who in football making these decisions actually thinks it's a good idea?
Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:49 - Sep 9 with 3924 viewsBasingstokeR

The FA
Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:13 - Sep 9 with 3826 viewsEastR

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:44 - Sep 9 by QPRcounsellor

A decision so ridiculous and lacking in any logic EastR, that it deserves a headline of it's own.

I bow to your wise counsel sir

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:17 - Sep 9 with 3798 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:13 - Sep 9 by EastR

I bow to your wise counsel sir

Sorry mate, I'm just so annoyed by it!
Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:30 - Sep 9 with 3718 viewsslmrstid

Football's governing bodies love a virtue signal.

Nothing more, nothing less, and utterly ridiculous IMHO.

(Also salty I've now lost £40 on train tickets for tomorrow).
Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:52 - Sep 9 with 3619 viewsStanisgod

Basically Toffs sports can go ahead, working mans can't.
Absolutely ludicrous and pointless, but what else would you expect from the football authorities.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:04 - Sep 9 with 3567 viewsLazyFan

Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:52 - Sep 9 by Stanisgod

Basically Toffs sports can go ahead, working mans can't.
Absolutely ludicrous and pointless, but what else would you expect from the football authorities.

This

zzzzzzzzzz

Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:04 - Sep 9 with 3569 viewsQPRSteve

I wonder if the FA will consider postponing the England v Iran game as a mark of respect for all those foreign workers killed in Qatar?
Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:04 - Sep 9 with 3569 viewsLogman

Agreed. Have you seen the FA endorsed posters on the tube warning against sexual abuse etc ? Talk about Big Brother. I'm half expecting Gareth Southgate to appear in person on my telly tonight to check that I am tuning in to the tributes to the Queen.
Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:05 - Sep 9 with 3566 viewsQPRcounsellor

Can anyone explain to me..... on 16:30 - Sep 9 by slmrstid

Football's governing bodies love a virtue signal.

Nothing more, nothing less, and utterly ridiculous IMHO.

(Also salty I've now lost £40 on train tickets for tomorrow).

You're right, they do want to virtue signal, not realising that a far better way of doing it would have been black armbands, national anthems, minute silences etc. What complete fckwits. Do they actually like football?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 17:08]
Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:06 - Sep 9 with 3554 viewsnix

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:21 - Sep 9 by EastR

Apologies. I thought it was as a result of the meeting with the culture Secretary that was supposed to happen this morning. My mistake! It's just a total tone deaf decision by the FA with no consideration for their largest stakeholders: the fans.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 17:09]
Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:14 - Sep 9 with 3486 viewsJuzzie

Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:06 - Sep 9 by nix

Apologies. I thought it was as a result of the meeting with the culture Secretary that was supposed to happen this morning. My mistake! It's just a total tone deaf decision by the FA with no consideration for their largest stakeholders: the fans.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 17:09]

They don't give a flying **** about the fans, haven't done for years. Just want to look to be doing the right things regardless.
Can anyone explain to me..... on 17:21 - Sep 9 with 3455 viewsBlackCrowe

FA and EFL get the call wrong yet again shocker.

Cricket and Rugby decided that as she loved all sports it would be the right things to do, and to sing the National Anthem and have a minutes silence. Why 'toffs' or politicians come into it god only knows....it was purely the hopeless decision making of the football authorities and nothing else.

Ps. I'm going to the Oval on Sunday, so assume I'm officially a 'toff'.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Can anyone explain to me..... on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 3307 viewsNewBee

Professional rugby is such a financial basket case that they simply cannot afford to forego even one weekend, never mind two, without it costing them. (Google eg "Worcester Warriors + Administration")

This is especially so for the first weekend of the season, when they need to make an impact, and all the more so since the England NT/RFU already takes up so much of the season for Test Rugby and the World Cup etc, thereby depriving clubs of income and players.

Contrast that with the situation in 1953 and the death of George VI. Football went ahead with 3 FA Cup matches scheduled for the the day of his death and then a full league programme three days later. There was subsequently another full league programme the following Saturday, the day after the funeral itself.

At the same time, rugby matches were cancelled, hockey also, the difference being that back then they were amateur games, unlike football, which was professional.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 18:18]
Can anyone explain to me..... on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 3254 viewsJuzzie

This is the text I received earlier today;

“From the SYL

Her Majesty the Queen was a long-standing Patron of The Football Association and has left a lasting and indelible legacy on our national game.

As a mark of respect, following the passing of Her Majesty the Queen, English football has united to postpone all football fixtures between 9-11 September. This follows Government guidance, which encourages sporting organisations to show respect in an appropriate way.

The FA can confirm that all football fixtures across the Barclays Women’s Super League, Barclays Women’s Championship, the Vitality Women’s FA Cup, and the Isuzu FA Trophy, will be postponed this weekend. We can also confirm that all football fixtures across the National League System [NLS], Steps 1-6, including the Vanarama National Leagues, the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP], Tiers 3-7, and matches across grassroots football in England will be postponed.

The Premier League and the EFL have all confirmed that their fixtures this weekend will be rescheduled for a later date.

All flags at Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park will continue to fly at half-mast over the weekend.

Our thoughts remain with our president, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, and the whole of the Royal Family during this time.

Just to confirm all football including Grassroots football is cancelled this Sunday”
Can anyone explain to me..... on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 3155 viewsBasingstokeR

Can anyone explain to me..... on 15:38 - Sep 9 by Juzzie

I have the same for u7 and u10 - they’d have learnt far more from what was planned to go ahead with silences etc than the alternative IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024