Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Utd Away 07:59 - Sep 20 with 2264 viewsLoftusR

I am thinking about going to the Sheffield Utd game. Looking at the train times the last one back departs at 22.15 and is via Doncaster. Gets back to King X at 1.30.

Can you get from the ground to the station in time. Is this the best route back or does any have better suggestions.
Sheff Utd Away on 08:00 - Sep 20 with 2254 viewsNorthernr

Yes you'll do that easily.

Worth bearing in mind that it's a rail strike on Wednesday, thought East Midlands Trains don't seem to be part of it...
Sheff Utd Away on 10:44 - Sep 20 with 2050 viewsstowmarketrange

The football ground guide says that the station is just under 1 mile away from the ground,or about 15 minutes walking.
Sheff Utd Away on 13:33 - Sep 20 with 1883 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheff Utd Away on 08:00 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Yes you'll do that easily.

Worth bearing in mind that it's a rail strike on Wednesday, thought East Midlands Trains don't seem to be part of it...

That’s who I’ve booked with so thanks for the info.
Sheff Utd Away on 14:29 - Sep 20 with 1808 viewsderbyhoop

We've drunk in The Sheaf before.previous games. It is beside the river Sheaf, serves real ale and is about 5 mins walk from ground.
Fans from both teams mixed w/o any trouble.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sheff Utd Away on 17:17 - Sep 20 with 1657 viewsNorthernr

East Midlands are listed as striking on the Wednesday now if you were thinking of staying over.
Sheff Utd Away on 18:20 - Sep 20 with 1567 viewsPeterHucker

Sheffield is one of the best away trips for good pubs.
The only reason I miss Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship is because of some great pubs between the city centre and Hillsborough.
For Sheff Utd though, the pub in the station is really good. Can get quite busy but should be a bit less packed for a midweek match.
The Rutland Arms is great but it's more of a music fans pub than a football pub. Never tried going in there on a match day so I don't know if away fans are welcome. But I'll be in there this coming Friday before & after going to see The Wedding Present at The Leadmill.
If you like Belgian style beers, fancy IPAs etc then the Triple Point brewery is a good stopping off point about halfway between the station and Bramall Lane. It's not cheap but the beers are great.
Sheff Utd Away on 20:47 - Sep 20 with 1437 viewsLoftusR

I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Eldest daughter has just started uni in Sheffield. We dropped her off on Saturday. Turns out her halls are in Brammel Lane, literally across the road from the ground. So I'm planning to spend the afternoon with her and then head to the game together in the evening. Went to the head of steam on Saturday which was quiet but good music.
Sheff Utd Away on 21:29 - Sep 20 with 1380 viewsShotKneesHoop

Sheff Utd Away on 20:47 - Sep 20 by LoftusR

I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Eldest daughter has just started uni in Sheffield. We dropped her off on Saturday. Turns out her halls are in Brammel Lane, literally across the road from the ground. So I'm planning to spend the afternoon with her and then head to the game together in the evening. Went to the head of steam on Saturday which was quiet but good music.

The Sheffield Tap on the platform station is a brilliant pub - and they brew their own beer there on the premises. It's almost as good as the York Tap (the same company runs both.) Several pints in the Sheffield Tap before the game , and you might want to stay there and pass on the match. Almost all the boozers in Sheffield are good ones.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Utd Away on 22:08 - Sep 20 with 1328 viewsstowmarketrange

Sheff Utd Away on 17:17 - Sep 20 by Northernr

East Midlands are listed as striking on the Wednesday now if you were thinking of staying over.

On the East Midlands train site they only mention being on strike on October 1st,and the don’t mention the 5th.Maybe they’ll update it later?
Now updated to include October 5th strike day.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 10:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024