Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T'tour of Pakistan 16:45 - Nov 29 with 8369 viewsD_Alien

First test starts on Thursday

Jimmy sounds ready for it:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/pakistan-vs-england-1st-test-2022-23-james-an

And here's a fascinating (to those who appreciate such things) glimpse into the history of England tours of Pakistan:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/pak-vs-eng-2022-23-england-in-pakistan-a-hist

[Post edited 29 Nov 2022 17:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T'tour of Pakistan on 09:28 - Nov 30 with 5804 viewsAtThePeake

Not great news coming out of the camp this morning that 13/14 of the travelling party have come down with an illness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63799572

Tangled up in blue.

T'tour of Pakistan on 09:53 - Nov 30 with 5791 viewsD_Alien

T'tour of Pakistan on 09:28 - Nov 30 by AtThePeake

Not great news coming out of the camp this morning that 13/14 of the travelling party have come down with an illness.

Thankfully not Covid, we don't want that rearing its ugly head again

Delaying the start seems sensible, but a change in the planned starting XI might also be required, depending on who's recovered. Wonder if it'll also affect the decision on whether to bat first, whoever wins the toss. Pakistan tours never run smoothly, as that history link shows

[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 9:54]

T'tour of Pakistan on 20:29 - Nov 30 with 5646 viewsBrierls

T'tour of Pakistan on 09:28 - Nov 30 by AtThePeake

Looks like the Test will start as scheduled. Surely they’d have postponed it by now if it was to be put back a day.
T'tour of Pakistan on 20:39 - Nov 30 with 5632 viewsD_Alien

T'tour of Pakistan on 20:29 - Nov 30 by Brierls

Looks like the Test will start as scheduled. Surely they’d have postponed it by now if it was to be put back a day.

Decision tomorrow morning:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/pak-vs-eng-2022-23-1st-test-morning-decision-

T'tour of Pakistan on 21:03 - Nov 30 with 5622 viewsBrierls

T'tour of Pakistan on 20:39 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

Decision tomorrow morning:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/pak-vs-eng-2022-23-1st-test-morning-decision-

Saw a Barmy Army tweet a few mins after posting.

That seems a bit last minute, but hopefully a good sign that even if they postpone till Friday the players are starting to come round.

I need something to watch while working, it’s not been the same without the 10:00 and 13:00 World Cup games!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 21:04]
T'tour of Pakistan on 21:20 - Nov 30 with 5598 viewsD_Alien

T'tour of Pakistan on 21:03 - Nov 30 by Brierls

Saw a Barmy Army tweet a few mins after posting.

That seems a bit last minute, but hopefully a good sign that even if they postpone till Friday the players are starting to come round.

I need something to watch while working, it’s not been the same without the 10:00 and 13:00 World Cup games!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 21:04]

The 7.30am Rawalpindi time decision translates to 2.30am in the UK

I guess it'll come down to England being able to field an XI who won't need to be dashing off the pitch at short notice. If Pakistan win the toss and want the game to start, their best bet might be to put England in and hope the top order aren't "inconvenienced"

Probably best to give it another 24 hours

T'tour of Pakistan on 04:05 - Dec 1 with 5534 viewsNigeriamark

T'tour of Pakistan on 21:20 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

The 7.30am Rawalpindi time decision translates to 2.30am in the UK

I guess it'll come down to England being able to field an XI who won't need to be dashing off the pitch at short notice. If Pakistan win the toss and want the game to start, their best bet might be to put England in and hope the top order aren't "inconvenienced"

Probably best to give it another 24 hours

Will start on time

Lancs fixtures for 2023 now out. At home to champions Surry in the opening 4 day game
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 4:07]
T'tour of Pakistan on 04:42 - Dec 1 with 5510 viewsD_Alien

T'tour of Pakistan on 04:05 - Dec 1 by Nigeriamark

Will start on time

Lancs fixtures for 2023 now out. At home to champions Surry in the opening 4 day game
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 4:07]

We win the toss and bat, with Stokes implying that its better to hive his bowlers another 24 hours to recover from the bug

Livingstone makes his debut, along with Jacks

Login to get fewer ads

T'tour of Pakistan on 06:05 - Dec 1 with 5486 viewsD_Alien

Shocking first hour. Why can't we just bat properly?

Late edit: disgusted by that display, a really poor effort
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 11:54]

T'tour of Pakistan on 12:22 - Dec 1 with 5357 viewsEllDale

Absolutely astonishing.
T'tour of Pakistan on 16:00 - Dec 1 with 5254 viewsNigeriamark

T'tour of Pakistan on 12:22 - Dec 1 by EllDale

Absolutely astonishing.

Already the highest 1st day score in a test match ever, and they were 15 overs short of a days play. Could have been 600 runs had they got all the overs in. As you stay astonishing.
T'tour of Pakistan on 20:29 - Dec 1 with 5098 viewsdownunder

The virus has been identified as the McCullum virus. Can cause a sudden case of the runs.
T'tour of Pakistan on 10:03 - Dec 3 with 4902 viewsdavidab2202

Hopefully the next test produces a strip to allow a more balanced match between bat and ball than the one at present
T'tour of Pakistan on 10:32 - Dec 3 with 4877 viewspioneer

Meanwhile Australia’s ‘South African’ scores a double century and century in the first test v Windies.

1255 runs for 19 wickets with a day to go in Perth on top of 1078 for 14 wickets so far in Pakistan.

Those poor bowlers.
T'tour of Pakistan on 12:18 - Dec 3 with 4821 viewsD_Alien

T'tour of Pakistan on 10:32 - Dec 3 by pioneer

Meanwhile Australia’s ‘South African’ scores a double century and century in the first test v Windies.

1255 runs for 19 wickets with a day to go in Perth on top of 1078 for 14 wickets so far in Pakistan.

Those poor bowlers.

Don't think our bowlers will be feeling sorry for themselves at close of play

Maybe... just maybe, they can squeeze enough out of a deteriorating surface over the last two days. When England bat again, it'll be more mayhem, one way or another

T'tour of Pakistan on 11:59 - Dec 4 with 4657 viewsKentish_Dale

T'tour of Pakistan on 12:18 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

Don't think our bowlers will be feeling sorry for themselves at close of play

Maybe... just maybe, they can squeeze enough out of a deteriorating surface over the last two days. When England bat again, it'll be more mayhem, one way or another

Certainly was. The highest run rate over two innings in history. Turbo-confidence.
T'tour of Pakistan on 12:10 - Dec 4 with 4647 viewsD_Alien

T'tour of Pakistan on 11:59 - Dec 4 by Kentish_Dale

Certainly was. The highest run rate over two innings in history. Turbo-confidence.

Stokes snaffling Babar Azam was crucial, and his captaincy has certainly set up a fascinating final day

I'd have liked to have seen us get another 20/30 on the board before declaring but with probably only 75 overs available due to the early sunsets Pakistan will still need to score at 3.5 an over... but that's half England's run rate!

T'tour of Pakistan on 13:16 - Dec 4 with 4596 viewsKentish_Dale

T'tour of Pakistan on 12:10 - Dec 4 by D_Alien

Stokes snaffling Babar Azam was crucial, and his captaincy has certainly set up a fascinating final day

I'd have liked to have seen us get another 20/30 on the board before declaring but with probably only 75 overs available due to the early sunsets Pakistan will still need to score at 3.5 an over... but that's half England's run rate!

Agreed - aggressive short pitched spell on a dead wicket from Stokes paid off. Which I think runs in tandem with the early declaration and England's new attacking philosphy generally.

Attack attack attack - I love it. And if we lose, next game, attack attack etc. It's a game and we're playing it as one.

Now in that other sport, and I'm not a knocker of Southgate in any way shape or form, and it's a bigger deal I guess, I hope England show a little of the Stokes spirit tonight, and should we win, more of the same.
T'tour of Pakistan on 11:41 - Dec 5 with 4468 viewsD_Alien

England redefine Test cricket

T'tour of Pakistan on 15:49 - Dec 5 with 4349 viewsNigeriamark

T'tour of Pakistan on 11:41 - Dec 5 by D_Alien

Fantastic result today. This balance of risk, reward and entertainment gets a 10 from me. $ wickets for Jimmy too, no mean feat on that pitch
T'tour of Pakistan on 22:44 - Dec 5 with 4255 viewssamueloneils

Fantastic leadership

Glorious agressive tactics

Amazing dressing-room.

Can you think of some other sporting venue where just a smidgin of this would be needed on Saturday?
T'tour of Pakistan on 05:02 - Dec 6 with 4200 viewsSandyman

Great win with amazing commitment on the last day whatever was thrown at them

Oh, for such determination to win on our meadow. Get 'em up for it EBJ.
T'tour of Pakistan on 06:54 - Dec 10 with 3973 viewsD_Alien

More drama in Pakistan, and on a snowy Saturday in the UK, all the sporting action's coming from a hot, dry corner of the globe

England's first innings 281 looking great value now

T'tour of Pakistan on 11:59 - Dec 10 with 3826 viewsDale_4_Life

T'tour of Pakistan on 11:41 - Dec 5 by D_Alien

Stumps day 2 with a lead of 281

More refinement.

5 wickets down so with 25 wickets falling in 2 days this pitch is obviously a lot more bowler friendly. Good article in the paper today England not concerned about losing they just always keep looking at ways in which they can win. Something I hope is shared with the England football team tonight.
T'tour of Pakistan on 04:43 - Dec 11 with 3703 viewsNigeriamark

T'tour of Pakistan on 11:59 - Dec 10 by Dale_4_Life

Stumps day 2 with a lead of 281

More refinement.

5 wickets down so with 25 wickets falling in 2 days this pitch is obviously a lot more bowler friendly. Good article in the paper today England not concerned about losing they just always keep looking at ways in which they can win. Something I hope is shared with the England football team tonight.

The Ashes has certainly become a lot more interesting
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024