Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reykjavik 15:34 - Jan 13 with 2521 viewsThird_Division_South

Hi all, I’m lucky enough to be going to Iceland for a few days at the end of the month. The middle part of our stay is planned out with various activities, sights etc but we start and end with a day in Reykjavik. Have any of you stayed here? I’m looking for places to visit, eat and drink. Thanks in advance.
Reykjavik on 21:24 - Jan 13 with 2381 viewsRangersDave

Blue Lagoon
Down town Rekjavik
Gulfoss
Geysir
Joksarlon Lagoon will live with you forever.
Book a snowmobile over a glacier (it's ace)
Take a tripod for capturing the aurora i was there last month and saw it 6 nights out of 7
Grindavik as it might not be there much longer
The coast road from Grindavik to Hella during the limited daylight
The penis museum in Rekjavik
The modern cathedral in Rekjavik is very cool

It's a pretty good place..... make sure you've got a decent car as it is winter and snow..... always check this
https://livefromiceland.is/multiview/
It[s live and shows the snow in various places should you want to venture out. I always nook a Toyota Landcruiser, as its rugged, strong, great 4x4, and at 2am in minues 13 looking at the Aurora, its a great vehicle to get back into and press the seat heat button.

Enjoy, its a terrific place.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Reykjavik on 22:29 - Jan 13 with 2294 viewsHunterhoop

Loved Iceland and Reykjavik.

Yes, a lot of the stuff to do and see is a bit touristy, but it’s still very enjoyable. This includes the blue lagoon. People slag it off but it’s still lovely.

If you have the time do one of the 1-2 days tours across to the other side of the island (the east); you really see the country that way.

In Reykjavik, if you can, do at least one meal in a top restaurant. It’s a big foodie place. We did The Fish Market. Was very cool if you’re into inventive food.

Most important thing, it is incredibly expensive. The most expensive place I’ve ever been. You need to just accept that, park it upon arrival, and enjoy it. If you try to be frugal you’ll go mad. And don’t eat the fermented stuff. Viking horse though…
Reykjavik on 07:22 - Jan 14 with 2153 viewsColesIndyRs

Go find the Baejarins beztu hotdog stand near the harbor. Most famous hotdog place in Iceland and well worth a visit.
Reykjavik on 13:01 - Jan 16 with 1920 viewsThird_Division_South

Thanks all. I’ve got most of those suggestions logged, going next week and really looking forward to it even though I’m missing out on the Hull away trip
Reykjavik on 13:53 - Jan 16 with 1851 viewsrrrspricey

Beautiful place, one of mine and Mrs P's favourite places.

Ridiculously expensive to eat and drink mind
Reykjavik on 15:56 - Jan 16 with 1785 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Reykjavik on 07:22 - Jan 14 by ColesIndyRs

Go find the Baejarins beztu hotdog stand near the harbor. Most famous hotdog place in Iceland and well worth a visit.

Allegedly frequented by Bill Clinton as he liked the look of the girl who served him.

I recently went to Iceland and loved it. I am sure you will have a great time.
Reykjavik on 17:41 - Jan 16 with 1708 viewsStraightR

It's a few years since I was there but I really enjoyed it. Back then, the bars did a staggered happy hour so as one bar’s happy hour ended the next one down the street started theirs so you could drink (relatively) cheaply for a while in the early evening. It’s also an almost completely cashless society. I didn’t handle any currency at all during my stay and can’t recall seeing anyone else, tourist or local, do so either. Having a card that charges no foreign exchange commission could save you a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024