Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The right to strike 16:06 - Jan 13 with 3599 viewsCountyJim

A basic human right this government is low life
The right to strike on 16:25 - Jan 13 with 1927 viewsSullutaCreturned

What does this government think will happen to recruitment and retention if they do this? They are struggling to recruit as it is.

If they push this through then EVERY union should ballot for an all out strike until they change their minds. People shoud be up in arms about this.
The right to strike on 16:27 - Jan 13 with 1924 viewsKilkennyjack

Crooks and charlatans.
Greed and corruption.

Brexit enables the worst of us.

Smash the Tories. 😎

Beware of the Risen People

The right to strike on 16:28 - Jan 13 with 1919 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 16:25 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

What does this government think will happen to recruitment and retention if they do this? They are struggling to recruit as it is.

If they push this through then EVERY union should ballot for an all out strike until they change their minds. People shoud be up in arms about this.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with ensuring that minimum staff levels are maintained for essential services.
The right to strike on 16:43 - Jan 13 with 1886 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 16:28 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with ensuring that minimum staff levels are maintained for essential services.

Minimum staff levels are maintained though, ambulances are going to calls A&R and ICU are staffed. Thng is WR, what when the government decides exactly what the minimum standards are? What when those standards creep up to meaning they cannot strike at all?

The right to strike is a persoanl freedom, we shouldn't let this bunch of snivelling rich, A wipes take away any of our freedoms without a fight.
The right to strike on 16:50 - Jan 13 with 1869 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 16:43 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

Minimum staff levels are maintained though, ambulances are going to calls A&R and ICU are staffed. Thng is WR, what when the government decides exactly what the minimum standards are? What when those standards creep up to meaning they cannot strike at all?

The right to strike is a persoanl freedom, we shouldn't let this bunch of snivelling rich, A wipes take away any of our freedoms without a fight.

Some essential services like police already have a full no strike rule.
The right to strike on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 1854 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 16:50 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

Do you want to risk that law spreading? How far will they go? Besides, a police strike would be different, the criminals get away with too much as it is.
The right to strike on 17:05 - Jan 13 with 1841 viewsWhiterockin

The right to strike on 16:57 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

Do you want to risk that law spreading? How far will they go? Besides, a police strike would be different, the criminals get away with too much as it is.

So it's OK for some essential services to strike and not others?

Obviously there needs to be a concensus on what is classed as essential, but it needs to be done.
The right to strike on 17:06 - Jan 13 with 1830 viewsCountyJim

Evening

From what I've been told minimum staffing levels have been missed even before the strikes but this government doesn't like telling us that
Login to get fewer ads

The right to strike on 17:08 - Jan 13 with 1826 viewsFlashberryjack

The right to strike on 16:50 - Jan 13 by Whiterockin

I agree, there are some services that should not be allowed to strike.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The right to strike on 17:10 - Jan 13 with 1824 viewsFireboy2

The right to strike on 17:06 - Jan 13 by CountyJim

Evening

From what I've been told minimum staffing levels have been missed even before the strikes but this government doesn't like telling us that

Aye Jim there is alot of stuff this government don't want the great public to know.
The right to strike on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 1803 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 17:08 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

I agree, there are some services that should not be allowed to strike.

Not even when those essential services are failing badly already?

Not even when this government is running down standards whilst increasing the tax burden on us?

Not even when staffing levels in hospitals are already dangerously low?

Not even when the rich are jumping queues in hospitals while the poor have to wait 5 years for life changing surgery?

Not even when people have to wait so long for an ambulance people are dying?

Does the NHS have to collapse completely before people wake up?
The right to strike on 17:31 - Jan 13 with 1795 viewsonehunglow

The right to strike on 16:57 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

I long ago advocated even lobbied for Police Officer to have the right to strike . They have been hit harder than any public service . These are those described by Teresa May,a conservative PM ,as NOT being a special case .
If fire and ambulance people go on strike, we suffer,as would be the case if the police suddenly said ,fark you,get on with it.

Get burgled,robbed,raped partner ,murdered ,who ya gonna call.?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:35 - Jan 13 with 1792 viewsonehunglow

The right to strike on 17:36 - Jan 13 with 1797 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 17:31 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

I long ago advocated even lobbied for Police Officer to have the right to strike . They have been hit harder than any public service . These are those described by Teresa May,a conservative PM ,as NOT being a special case .
If fire and ambulance people go on strike, we suffer,as would be the case if the police suddenly said ,fark you,get on with it.

What would our politicians do if their police guards walked away? maybe they'd wake up and smell the coffee then?
The right to strike on 17:40 - Jan 13 with 1777 viewsonehunglow

The right to strike on 17:36 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

What would our politicians do if their police guards walked away? maybe they'd wake up and smell the coffee then?

They would be chaos

Imagine the Monarchy without Royal Protection officers

Still, many would happily get shot of them as they are “ bent”

The right to strike on 18:05 - Jan 13 with 1757 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Never been in a position to strike, my father was self employed and was keen that my brother and I were independent souls and advised us to have flexibility in our career choices. I have worked as employed, self employed, as a consultant and now run my own company. If I didn't like any particular job or piece of work I moved on quickly.
I would not like to be beholden to someone like Mick Lynch as he seems as much interested in politics as representing his members.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The right to strike on 18:22 - Jan 13 with 1745 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 18:05 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Never been in a position to strike, my father was self employed and was keen that my brother and I were independent souls and advised us to have flexibility in our career choices. I have worked as employed, self employed, as a consultant and now run my own company. If I didn't like any particular job or piece of work I moved on quickly.
I would not like to be beholden to someone like Mick Lynch as he seems as much interested in politics as representing his members.

That has been my issue with unions ever since Alan Johnson screwed the CWU over.

I am generally not an advocate of striking either but sometimes needs must. What this government is trying to do is disgusting.
The right to strike on 18:52 - Jan 13 with 1710 viewsFlashberryjack

The right to strike on 17:28 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

Not even when those essential services are failing badly already?

Not even when this government is running down standards whilst increasing the tax burden on us?

Not even when staffing levels in hospitals are already dangerously low?

Not even when the rich are jumping queues in hospitals while the poor have to wait 5 years for life changing surgery?

Not even when people have to wait so long for an ambulance people are dying?

Does the NHS have to collapse completely before people wake up?

And going on strike will sort it ?

Hello

The right to strike on 19:41 - Jan 13 with 1675 viewsmajorraglan

Removing the right to strike should come with huge protections, but as the police have found out it doesn’t. The Home Office set up something called the Police Negotiating Board which is an “independent” board to make recommendations on police salaries. The problem for the police officers is that the Government kind of set parameters and if the Home Office don’t like what’s been recommended, they ( the Home Office) can ignore the recommendation. They’ve (H.O.) previously done exactly that imposing what they (H.O.) thought ought to be given.

My view is that if you’re going to take away the right to strike, decisions around things like pay increase decisions must be made by a completely independent body and government MUST implement the recommendations - there can be none of this setting the ground rules in advance or implementing it if it suits or ignoring if it doesn’t - it’s all or nothing.

Police pay and conditions were butchered by the Conservative governments in the 90’s and 2010s and they’ve not been able to do anything about it. The salaries of police officers, teachers and nurses have all decreased in real terms since 2010, with police being the worst affected, not surprisingly MP’s have enjoyed above inflation rises.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 23:08]
The right to strike on 19:55 - Jan 13 with 1653 viewsBryanSwan

The right to strike on 18:52 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

More staff than ever are permanently striking and quitting the NHS altogether. Lets just leave it as it is and carry on as that is working.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The right to strike on 20:57 - Jan 13 with 1622 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 18:52 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

The government have to get the message and carrying on regardless just doesn't cut it.

This tory government was bad enough before Bojo came in but since he left it has managed to plumb new depths of stupidity. Truss cost this country billions and a European financial expert said (this morning on BBC breakfast) the main reason the Uk economy is still behind the rest of Europe is because of the starting point of the recovery and what happened in September...Truss and kwarteng. Without them we would be doing better.

Its fine for Sunak to say we can't afford things then hop on a plane instead of taking a car, how mucgh extra was the plane? We can always afford the extras for our politiciasn though.

I'm hardly a loony lefty, ask Builthy who has me down as a tory, but this government has it's thrid unelected Prime minister since Theresa may. We need a General Election and a government with a proper mandate from the country, not a government with a mandate from 60,000 tory members.
The right to strike on 21:00 - Jan 13 with 1615 viewsFlashberryjack

The right to strike on 20:57 - Jan 13 by SullutaCreturned

The government have to get the message and carrying on regardless just doesn't cut it.

This tory government was bad enough before Bojo came in but since he left it has managed to plumb new depths of stupidity. Truss cost this country billions and a European financial expert said (this morning on BBC breakfast) the main reason the Uk economy is still behind the rest of Europe is because of the starting point of the recovery and what happened in September...Truss and kwarteng. Without them we would be doing better.

Its fine for Sunak to say we can't afford things then hop on a plane instead of taking a car, how mucgh extra was the plane? We can always afford the extras for our politiciasn though.

I'm hardly a loony lefty, ask Builthy who has me down as a tory, but this government has it's thrid unelected Prime minister since Theresa may. We need a General Election and a government with a proper mandate from the country, not a government with a mandate from 60,000 tory members.

So going on strike will fix it ?

Hello

The right to strike on 21:09 - Jan 13 with 1608 viewsSullutaCreturned

The right to strike on 21:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

Not doing something will just see it keep on getting worse and eventually collapse. is that what you want?

Staff are leaving in droves, or becoming ill and off long term, patients are suffering and dying and all because of the this government.

Not going on strike will see even more of that so what do you propose will fix it? because this tory government won't fix it either.
The right to strike on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 1608 viewsGwyn737

The right to strike on 21:00 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

If pay fixes recruitment and retention it would definitely help.
The right to strike on 21:18 - Jan 13 with 1589 viewsKeithHaynes

The right to strike on 17:31 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

A hippy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024