Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£32,000 per year 06:39 - Jan 20 with 16174 viewsraynor94

Should you be using a food bank?

It's come up this week a nurse has said that's what she earns and can't survive without a food bank.

A Tory mp has said on the airwaves that there is something wrong with her budgetin skills, in this instance i haveto agree with him.

And how does she get a voucher earning that type of money, thoughts?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£32,000 per year on 11:42 - Jan 28 with 531 viewsThurrockJack92

£32,000 per year on 11:28 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s always the same example, it’s funny.

London with a load of kids. Amazing why such an example continues to be used.

There was me thinking we would stick with the discussion and you can show me a young person with no kids as discussed, being able to get into the property ladder.

There are two different discussions here, one is your typical working young man or woman, then there is the London examples. Two separate discussions.

So on your London nurse example:

Why doesn’t the nurse move away from London to a more affordable area to work? Nurses are being sought after all over the country. The London nurse jobs can then be taken by young nurses without a family who can then rent a room in a shared house - like I did.

Job here, Newark on Trent 32k.

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=c64013369d4f99cc&from=serp

3 bedroom place £700 pcm

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/130972283#/?channel=RES_LET

It really is that easy.

London will be devoid of experienced nurses then, senior nurses aren't much better compensated. You state that like it is an extreme example, it is by far the biggest population centre in the UK, there will be more nurses in this position than there are nurses in the entirety of Wales.

Unsurprisingly, your example moves the goal posts entirely, because even an absolute baller like you couldn't make it work in their position. Fool.
£32,000 per year on 11:44 - Jan 28 with 523 viewsSTID2017

£32,000 per year on 11:34 - Jan 28 by Whiterockin

Good post many do not have the skill set or opportunity to move and better themselves, but are more than happy to stay local and enjoy fulfilment in life.

Personally I did have the chance to move to another country but turned it down. The love of family, friends and the area I live in made it a no brainer. Do I have any regrets, none whatsoever. Achieving what you wish for in life and doing it locally is oh so sweet. In life you need a lot of luck whether you move away or stay local, many are not so lucky, if you stay local do everything you can, no matter how small to make this area better for everyone.

So back to the original post, don't just read and write about food banks, if you can afford it when shopping drop a couple of items in the collection point. We are all in this together, its not them and us.

Totally agree.
I and many I know have done okay for ourselves, whilst still living locally.
No guarantee whether you travel 4 miles or 4,000 miles that your dreams will come true.
Life can and will throw curve balls.
Also as you say everyone needs to support food banks.
Hopefully we never need them.
Certainly not a them and us situation

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£32,000 per year on 11:53 - Jan 28 with 513 viewsThurrockJack92

£32,000 per year on 11:39 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

No contemporary local knowledge?

Local in what area? Surely I have local knowledge of everywhere I have lived…

What area are we discussing now then?

I can’t keep up with where you keep jumping around the country to try and make an excuse as to why housing isn’t unaffordable.

Nobody is reading you your rights, you are telling me housing is unaffordable, I’m showing you it’s not and giving you plenty of examples, breaking down salary outgoing necessity, showing you jobs and even providing affordable housing in good areas.

Why are you offended by this? You could just thank me… unless you want to have the issue you are complaining about that is.. someone dispelling that myth I guess isn’t convenient.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 11:41]

This will be my last reply to you as there is absolutely no point continuing the discussion with someone so chained to their ideology and neither of us is gaining any valuable insight from the other.

Housing is becoming more and more unaffordable in every single area of the UK in context of local salaries and rents/house prices. You can cherry pick all the examples you want, but the headline figures are what they are.

There are very real societal consequences to this that are only starting to be felt, such as birth rate suppression and worsening services in the worst areas affected by the housing crises, such as in this article: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/number-of-london-nurses-leaving-nhs-rises

And no, having lived in a place does not matter. I am surprised that someone with such a vast intellect as yourself has missed this, but things can change in areas after you leave, so contemporary knowledge is what matters.

Back on mute you go.
£32,000 per year on 11:56 - Jan 28 with 493 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 11:42 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

London will be devoid of experienced nurses then, senior nurses aren't much better compensated. You state that like it is an extreme example, it is by far the biggest population centre in the UK, there will be more nurses in this position than there are nurses in the entirety of Wales.

Unsurprisingly, your example moves the goal posts entirely, because even an absolute baller like you couldn't make it work in their position. Fool.

Not at all, you are assuming all nurses are single. Which ironically is very “foolish” indeed.

You gave me a very specific example, it certainly isn’t the case for all nurses and not even “most” nurses. Just your intentionally hampered one to feel like you have proven a pretty lopsided and unrepresentative point to the discussion.

Senior nurse average in London is £41,000. Let’s throw in a minimum wage partner into the mix, what’s that per year? £19k?

Plus tax credits or whatever they are entitled to, we will leave them to one side.

So £60k household income per year.

£2629 take home for the nurse and £1405 for the minimum wage partner.

£4034 income combined, take home.

Nice 3 bed here for £1300 with a realistic commute into London.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/131150720#/?channel=RES_LET

That comes nicely within your recommended salary to housing split and London still has experienced nurses, as well as newly qualified ones that suit room rental.

Don’t tell me, I’m the devil incarnate again for solving the issue you put forward.

Ah well.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 12:03]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

£32,000 per year on 11:58 - Jan 28 with 486 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 11:53 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

This will be my last reply to you as there is absolutely no point continuing the discussion with someone so chained to their ideology and neither of us is gaining any valuable insight from the other.

Housing is becoming more and more unaffordable in every single area of the UK in context of local salaries and rents/house prices. You can cherry pick all the examples you want, but the headline figures are what they are.

There are very real societal consequences to this that are only starting to be felt, such as birth rate suppression and worsening services in the worst areas affected by the housing crises, such as in this article: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/number-of-london-nurses-leaving-nhs-rises

And no, having lived in a place does not matter. I am surprised that someone with such a vast intellect as yourself has missed this, but things can change in areas after you leave, so contemporary knowledge is what matters.

Back on mute you go.

No valuable insight?

I’ve literally solved every single issue you claim to have and have thrown at me.

Truth is often inconvenient I suppose. Enjoy blaming the Government then while others choose to actually make changes that solve their issues.

I can take a horse to water but I can’t make it drink.

£32,000 per year on 12:02 - Jan 28 with 493 viewsBoundy

£32,000 per year on 10:19 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

And there is the answer I said it boils down to…

“Don’t want to”.

I'm sure there many things you don't want nor can do. In your idealised world it would seem as long as they fit into your version of living then all's well and good .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

£32,000 per year on 12:04 - Jan 28 with 479 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 12:02 - Jan 28 by Boundy

I'm sure there many things you don't want nor can do. In your idealised world it would seem as long as they fit into your version of living then all's well and good .

So what version are we discussing?

You are giving me an example, I’m solving it and then are moving the goalposts. Same as my new mate Thurrock.

Tell me what your issue is, I’ll solve it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024