Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£32,000 per year 06:39 - Jan 20 with 16226 viewsraynor94

Should you be using a food bank?

It's come up this week a nurse has said that's what she earns and can't survive without a food bank.

A Tory mp has said on the airwaves that there is something wrong with her budgetin skills, in this instance i haveto agree with him.

And how does she get a voucher earning that type of money, thoughts?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£32,000 per year on 06:59 - Jan 28 with 496 viewsTreforys_Jack

£32,000 per year on 14:08 - Jan 27 by raynor94

PCP car deals don't help either

Absolutely spot on, have a nice new shiny car that you can barely afford and end up in 3yrs with zilch.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 7:02]
£32,000 per year on 07:40 - Jan 28 with 477 viewsBoundy

£32,000 per year on 14:11 - Jan 27 by STID2017

Smart choices ?
Righto
I think some have been away from Swansea too long

I think some never left

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

£32,000 per year on 08:48 - Jan 28 with 431 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 07:40 - Jan 28 by Boundy

I think some never left

… and some will stay there forever, making excises to never leave their safety bubble.

Until they look back on their lives when they are 80 and think, why didn’t I make something of myself?

The blame culture is poison.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 8:49]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

£32,000 per year on 09:06 - Jan 28 with 440 viewsdonnybackspin

£32,000 per year on 20:45 - Jan 27 by Dr_Parnassus

“ A lot of people born in London have no hopes of buying there.”

With respect… move then!

Honestly are we that precious now where we feel we should be able to buy houses in London on basic wages? If you can’t afford to live in a certain City then live in another. It’s hardly the Great Depression.

Its easy to say well just move from London then but where are all the good quality jobs in Swansea.
£32,000 per year on 09:07 - Jan 28 with 421 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 09:06 - Jan 28 by donnybackspin

Its easy to say well just move from London then but where are all the good quality jobs in Swansea.

Define “good quality”.

£32,000 per year on 09:09 - Jan 28 with 438 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 09:06 - Jan 28 by donnybackspin

Until South Wales has decent infrastructure the other side of the bridge.
£32,000 per year on 09:14 - Jan 28 with 418 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 09:09 - Jan 28 by pencoedjack

Until South Wales has decent infrastructure the other side of the bridge.

If people don’t like the jobs on offer in Swansea then why don’t they move?

People seem completely unwilling to take their financial destiny and shape it as they like, instead blame circumstance and government.

£32,000 per year on 10:08 - Jan 28 with 415 viewsBoundy

£32,000 per year on 09:14 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

If people don’t like the jobs on offer in Swansea then why don’t they move?

People seem completely unwilling to take their financial destiny and shape it as they like, instead blame circumstance and government.

Maybe they can't or just don't want to , believe or not many people are home birds which doesn't mean they lack ambition nor want to better themselves but maybe want to improve where they live & love , I'm surprised you never thought of that yourself

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

£32,000 per year on 10:19 - Jan 28 with 394 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 10:08 - Jan 28 by Boundy

Maybe they can't or just don't want to , believe or not many people are home birds which doesn't mean they lack ambition nor want to better themselves but maybe want to improve where they live & love , I'm surprised you never thought of that yourself

And there is the answer I said it boils down to…

“Don’t want to”.

£32,000 per year on 10:39 - Jan 28 with 395 viewsSTID2017

Agree.
No one should be forced to move just to have a better standard of living or the opportunity to own their own home.
London prices are crazy.
My nephew bought a house in Tottenham about 10 years ago for £300k.
It is now worth a million with no major alterations.
How can an ordinary working couple ever afford a million.
Imagine a single person in London on minimum wage trying to buy the most basic of homes?
It would remain a dream for them no matter how hard they work and save

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

£32,000 per year on 10:39 - Jan 28 with 394 viewsGwyn737

In addition, what’s the NHS going to do when all the nurses leave the more expensive areas to follow their dreams.

Which was the point of the OP.
£32,000 per year on 10:40 - Jan 28 with 394 viewsSTID2017

£32,000 per year on 07:40 - Jan 28 by Boundy

I think some never left

Indeed

£32,000 per year on 10:43 - Jan 28 with 392 viewsWhiterockin

£32,000 per year on 10:39 - Jan 28 by Gwyn737

In addition, what’s the NHS going to do when all the nurses leave the more expensive areas to follow their dreams.

Which was the point of the OP.

Indeed, never let the facts get in the way of an agenda.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

£32,000 per year on 10:48 - Jan 28 with 377 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 10:39 - Jan 28 by STID2017

Agree.
No one should be forced to move just to have a better standard of living or the opportunity to own their own home.
London prices are crazy.
Imagine a single person in London on minimum wage trying to buy the most basic of homes?

Nobody is forced, it’s about choices.

If you want to better yourself then you need to look for better options. You don’t just get given stuff.

That’s like Messi saying “I shouldn’t have to leave my local town, I want to be the best but I don’t want to leave my little town”.

You make your choices, don’t complain if you don’t make sacrifices.

£32,000 per year on 11:03 - Jan 28 with 367 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 10:40 - Jan 28 by STID2017

Indeed

… and some are green with envy

£32,000 per year on 11:04 - Jan 28 with 369 viewsThurrockJack92

£32,000 per year on 10:39 - Jan 28 by STID2017

Agree.
London prices are crazy.

It is not even just the mortgage question, rents are completely unaffordable for middle earners downwards in these areas. People like Dr P will tell them to move, but these places need Nurses, police, bin men, supermarket workers etc. In order to function and they will not be doing the best job they can if their day includes a 3-4 hour round commute.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 11:04]
£32,000 per year on 11:07 - Jan 28 with 359 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 11:04 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

It is not even just the mortgage question, rents are completely unaffordable for middle earners downwards in these areas. People like Dr P will tell them to move, but these places need Nurses, police, bin men, supermarket workers etc. In order to function and they will not be doing the best job they can if their day includes a 3-4 hour round commute.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 11:04]

I don’t tell anyone to move.

I state the obvious. If there are no opportunities that you like around your area, then the option is there to move. You can’t ignore that option and then complain about it.

Rentals are not unaffordable at all. I’ve shown it on this very thread.

Give me an average or even below average salary and I will find a property to rent.

£32,000 per year on 11:08 - Jan 28 with 364 viewsSTID2017

Strange how some people talk about everyone having life choices yet in reality they only mean what aligns with their extreme right wing capitalist values.
Distinct lack of empathy for the working man and woman
Of course if your career involves you having to move around the UK or even further then I would say follow your dream - if it is what you want.
However many people put family and friends and lifestyle above chasing the buck elsewhere.
Many have done very well for themselves in places like li'l old Swansea.
However for the have nots in the UK the gap between them and the haves is ever widening.
Thus the reason why hard working people are having to rely on charity.
A situation some could never understand or have sympathy for

£32,000 per year on 11:18 - Jan 28 with 353 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 11:08 - Jan 28 by STID2017

Strange how some people talk about everyone having life choices yet in reality they only mean what aligns with their extreme right wing capitalist values.
Of course if your career involves you having to move around the UK or even further then I would say follow your dream - if it is what you want.
However many people put family and friends and lifestyle above chasing the buck elsewhere.
However for the have nots in the UK the gap between them and the haves is ever widening.

You think it’s an extreme right wing view to say you have to make better choices and if there isn’t any suitable jobs in one area then go to another?

Your trolling is getting worse fair play.

You have just said the sentence yourself, people choose lifestyle over success. Exactly the point I’m making.

£32,000 per year on 11:20 - Jan 28 with 355 viewsThurrockJack92

£32,000 per year on 11:07 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t tell anyone to move.

I state the obvious. If there are no opportunities that you like around your area, then the option is there to move. You can’t ignore that option and then complain about it.

Rentals are not unaffordable at all. I’ve shown it on this very thread.

Give me an average or even below average salary and I will find a property to rent.

Find me a rental for a family of 3 within the entirety of London that will be affordable to said nurse on £32k. According to affordability tests say rents should not be more than 1/3rd of take home pay but let's say half for arguments sake. You will not be able to do it because you are talking nonsense.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 11:22]
£32,000 per year on 11:27 - Jan 28 with 341 viewsSTID2017

£32,000 per year on 11:20 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

Find me a rental for a family of 3 within the entirety of London that will be affordable to said nurse on £32k. According to affordability tests say rents should not be more than 1/3rd of take home pay but let's say half for arguments sake. You will not be able to do it because you are talking nonsense.

I assume by your user name you live or have lived in Essex
so have real experience of what it is like to live in and around London.
As you say, to rent a family house let alone buy one on a wage of £32k in London cannot be done.
Some will not believe you and always know better.
Of course all the people who do "ordinary" jobs can m9ve out of London, but not sure who that will leave to do their work ?

£32,000 per year on 11:28 - Jan 28 with 336 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 11:20 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

It’s always the same example, it’s funny.

London with a load of kids. Amazing why such an example continues to be used.

There was me thinking we would stick with the discussion and you can show me a young person with no kids as discussed, being able to get into the property ladder.

There are two different discussions here, one is your typical working young man or woman, then there is the London examples. Two separate discussions.

So on your London nurse example:

Why doesn’t the nurse move away from London to a more affordable area to work? Nurses are being sought after all over the country. The London nurse jobs can then be taken by young nurses without a family who can then rent a room in a shared house - like I did.

Job here, Newark on Trent 32k.

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=c64013369d4f99cc&from=serp

3 bedroom place £700 pcm

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/130972283#/?channel=RES_LET

It really is that easy.

£32,000 per year on 11:33 - Jan 28 with 333 viewsThurrockJack92

£32,000 per year on 11:27 - Jan 28 by STID2017

I assume by your user name you live or have lived in Essex
so have real experience of what it is like to live in and around London.
As you say, to rent a family house let alone buy one on a wage of £32k in London cannot be done.
Some will not believe you and always know better.
Of course all the people who do "ordinary" jobs can m9ve out of London, but not sure who that will leave to do their work ?

I do yes, about 40-45 mins out of the city where I pay rent of £800 a month for the pleasure of an ex council 1 bed that has not been updated since it was built in the 70's.

It is hilarious that we are being read our rights by someone with no contemporary local knowledge who does not even live in the country.
£32,000 per year on 11:34 - Jan 28 with 329 viewsWhiterockin

£32,000 per year on 11:08 - Jan 28 by STID2017

Good post many do not have the skill set or opportunity to move and better themselves, but are more than happy to stay local and enjoy fulfilment in life.

Personally I did have the chance to move to another country but turned it down. The love of family, friends and the area I live in made it a no brainer. Do I have any regrets, none whatsoever. Achieving what you wish for in life and doing it locally is oh so sweet. In life you need a lot of luck whether you move away or stay local, many are not so lucky, if you stay local do everything you can, no matter how small to make this area better for everyone.

So back to the original post, don't just read and write about food banks, if you can afford it when shopping drop a couple of items in the collection point. We are all in this together, its not them and us.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

£32,000 per year on 11:39 - Jan 28 with 323 viewsDr_Parnassus

£32,000 per year on 11:33 - Jan 28 by ThurrockJack92

I do yes, about 40-45 mins out of the city where I pay rent of £800 a month for the pleasure of an ex council 1 bed that has not been updated since it was built in the 70's.

It is hilarious that we are being read our rights by someone with no contemporary local knowledge who does not even live in the country.

No contemporary local knowledge?

Local in what area? Surely I have local knowledge of everywhere I have lived…

What area are we discussing now then?

I can’t keep up with where you keep jumping around the country to try and make an excuse as to why housing isn’t unaffordable.

Nobody is reading you your rights, you are telling me housing is unaffordable, I’m showing you it’s not and giving you plenty of examples, breaking down salary outgoing necessity, showing you jobs and even providing affordable housing in good areas.

Why are you offended by this? You could just thank me… unless you want to have the issue you are complaining about that is.. someone dispelling that myth I guess isn’t convenient.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 11:41]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024