Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Dobson 19:56 - Feb 21 with 7350 viewssoops

Interesting to hear he was an R’s fan! Anyone know much about him ( as a fan or as a coach?)
Richard Dobson on 20:10 - Feb 21 with 7255 viewspaulhoop2

Started at Brentford coaching and heading up the academy before moving to Wycombe yes knew he was a rangers fan

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Richard Dobson on 20:35 - Feb 21 with 7106 viewsdmm

And Josh Hart - does anyone know anything about him? Unusual for a manager to bring an analyst with him.
Richard Dobson on 20:49 - Feb 21 with 7010 viewssteveo04

Hampton cardinals flying left winger , brother Michael, Brentford right back , Dad George also I believe played for Brentford
Richard Dobson on 21:01 - Feb 21 with 6933 viewsflynnbo

Richard Dobson on 20:49 - Feb 21 by steveo04

Hampton cardinals flying left winger , brother Michael, Brentford right back , Dad George also I believe played for Brentford

I'd also heard he was an Rs fan from a poster on this board but on the Wycombe interview he claimed to be a Chairboy. Appeasement maybe?
Richard Dobson on 21:03 - Feb 21 with 6925 viewsfournil

Richard Dobson on 20:49 - Feb 21 by steveo04

Hampton Cardinals - wow that brings back some memories! Bushey Park, West Middlesex Colts rivalry. Haven’t thought about them for a long time.
Richard Dobson on 21:04 - Feb 21 with 6921 viewssteveo04

Richard Dobson on 21:01 - Feb 21 by flynnbo

I'd also heard he was an Rs fan from a poster on this board but on the Wycombe interview he claimed to be a Chairboy. Appeasement maybe?

I don’t really remember, just remember him from my youth football days , was a quiet lad.
Richard Dobson on 21:20 - Feb 21 with 6819 viewsfournil

Richard Dobson on 21:01 - Feb 21 by flynnbo

That was me.
Suspect having been at Wycombe for so long, at least 15 years Wycombe are much closer to his heart than Rangers. We did however grow up watching Rangers together and he did have a season ticket in the Upper Loft where we watched his brother playing for Brentford against us a couple of times.
After he did his cruciate (twice) he had to give up playing, went in to coaching working with youth teams and progressed to become GA’s right hand man. Is really your Mick Beale coaching equivalent, highly qualified, progressive and intelligent.
Richard Dobson on 21:28 - Feb 21 with 6761 viewssteveo04

Richard Dobson on 21:03 - Feb 21 by fournil

Hampton Cardinals - wow that brings back some memories! Bushey Park, West Middlesex Colts rivalry. Haven’t thought about them for a long time.

I went from west mid colts to Hampton cardinals for a huge transfer fee lol
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Dobson on 18:22 - Feb 22 with 5997 viewsaston_hoop

I found this little nugget from the always interesting Dan Lambert, something to look out for

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Richard Dobson on 18:45 - Feb 22 with 5900 viewsMedwayR

Richard Dobson on 18:22 - Feb 22 by aston_hoop

I found this little nugget from the always interesting Dan Lambert, something to look out for

If we can beat the first man...

Poll: Who’s better?

Richard Dobson on 21:50 - Feb 22 with 5518 viewsMHill

Found this really interesting https://beatthepress.podbean.com/e/series-2-episode-2-gareth-ainsworth-and-richa
Richard Dobson on 10:39 - Feb 23 with 5114 viewsTeddRanger

Richard Dobson on 21:50 - Feb 22 by MHill

Found this really interesting https://beatthepress.podbean.com/e/series-2-episode-2-gareth-ainsworth-and-richa

Thanks for posting. Found it fascinating. All about how they build culture via psychology.

Some key points:

They have KPIS for players -they might be tactical( touches in box, set pieces) or psychological. Players are incentivised financially to hit them rather than the cruder win bonus.

Have a psychologist come in (Misia) once a week. She's worked with international athletes. Players are encourage to talk to her about anything and everything.

GA & RD appoint "Generals" -three or four senior players that buy into the club culture and who influence the others to do the same.

They talk to the injured players. Make everyone feel included in the group. That extends to knowing the names of the groundsman and cleaner.

They create off pitch activities-teaching them the Haka, taking them to the Somme battlefield etc..

They instigate a no blame culture.

There's an induction for new players so they know exactly what to expect.

Try to engage as much as possible with fans, bringing them on the journey..

Gaz doesn't have a social media profile, but is aware of its power and how detrimental it can be. They also check some of the accounts of potential players as part of a deep depth dive into finding the right sort of characters.

GA and RD complement each other. Gaz is an extrovert, Richard the opposite. Gaz did the myer briggs test at the LMA and tested as the most extrovert person they'd ever come across!

It all makes massive sense. Will take a while to implement, I think. Not sure where "the generals" are at our club currently for example.
Richard Dobson on 11:02 - Feb 23 with 5062 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wasn't he also the lead singer of the Skids?
Richard Dobson on 11:59 - Feb 23 with 4953 viewsQPunkR

Richard Dobson on 10:39 - Feb 23 by TeddRanger

Thanks for posting. Found it fascinating. All about how they build culture via psychology.

Some key points:

They have KPIS for players -they might be tactical( touches in box, set pieces) or psychological. Players are incentivised financially to hit them rather than the cruder win bonus.

Have a psychologist come in (Misia) once a week. She's worked with international athletes. Players are encourage to talk to her about anything and everything.

GA & RD appoint "Generals" -three or four senior players that buy into the club culture and who influence the others to do the same.

They talk to the injured players. Make everyone feel included in the group. That extends to knowing the names of the groundsman and cleaner.

They create off pitch activities-teaching them the Haka, taking them to the Somme battlefield etc..

Gaz doesn't have a social media profile, but is aware of its power and how detrimental it can be. They also check some of the accounts of potential players as part of a deep depth dive into finding the right sort of characters.

GA and RD complement each other. Gaz is an extrovert, Richard the opposite. Gaz did the myer briggs test at the LMA and tested as the most extrovert person they'd ever come across!

It all makes massive sense. Will take a while to implement, I think. Not sure where "the generals" are at our club currently for example.

Good to read - also agreed he'll have to go some to find any generals at the Club currently!

QPR - "shit but local"

Richard Dobson on 12:03 - Feb 23 with 4913 viewsMick_S

Richard Dobson on 11:02 - Feb 23 by CroydonCaptJack

First training session:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Richard Dobson on 12:08 - Feb 23 with 4883 viewsRs_Holy

Richard Dobson on 11:02 - Feb 23 by CroydonCaptJack

yes this is Dobson singing about an away trip to Charlton...

Richard Dobson on 12:30 - Feb 23 with 4781 viewsdmm

This is a very interesting listen and gives a good indication of what Ains and Dobson will bring to QPR. It's clear they are a close partnership with Dobson just as influential as Ains.
Richard Dobson on 14:52 - Feb 23 with 4550 viewsstantheman10

Great find MHill. Essential listening for all on LFW I would say.
Richard Dobson on 01:11 - Feb 24 with 4266 viewsDejR_vu

Seriously impressive

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Richard Dobson on 01:16 - Feb 24 with 4259 viewsDejR_vu

Richard Dobson on 12:30 - Feb 23 by dmm

This is a very interesting listen and gives a good indication of what Ains and Dobson will bring to QPR. It's clear they are a close partnership with Dobson just as influential as Ains.

It sounds like Dobson is everything MB was purported to be, without the ego.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Richard Dobson on 10:45 - Feb 24 with 3963 viewssoops

Thanks for that - really enjoyed it, what a fantastic combination we've got with these 2 - let's hope our basket-case of a club doesn't ruin them!
Looking forward even more to tomorrow now. Come on you R'sss!!!
Richard Dobson on 11:11 - Feb 24 with 3881 viewsAntti_Heinola

Some key points:

Great distillation thanks!

I know we're very down on our players, but I think we might be surprised. Some of the views about them are a little uncomfortable for me, coming from anger and frustration with a lot of guesswork and projection going on.

Four generals for us might come from Stef, Dunne, Field, Chair, Adomah, Dickie, Dieng, Lowe, Paal. I think calling them generals might mean people envisage Vinnie Jones types terrorrising the dressing room. I know a lot of people are advocating that at the moment, but suspect it's nothing of the sort.

Bare bones.

Richard Dobson on 11:17 - Feb 24 with 3865 viewsqprninja

Some key points:

Thanks, really interesting about the psychological side of things. This could be so beneficial for qpr as there are clearly attitude and behaviour issues amongst the players. We know they can play well, it's getting them to do that again that is the hard bit. The no blame culture is also needed, as there's been a lot of finger pointing and discord during matches. Encouraging stuff.
Richard Dobson on 16:41 - Feb 24 with 3445 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Richard Dobson on 18:45 - Feb 22 by MedwayR

If we can beat the first man...

Almost more important is not getting beaten by their first man who proceeds to head it on and usually ends up in our net .
Last few games every corner, free kick or long throw into our box caused chaos and mass panic we need that sorted out right away.
They have a lot of work to do at both ends but I believe they can
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024