Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 12:50 - Mar 2 with 3961 viewsMrSheen

Rusty early season form, buckets of gore, can't see either challenging for the title this year, though Melbourne look more likely. Not impressed by Parra's fitness, didn't chase a single kick all night. RCG's moustache has moved beyond Lord Lucan to Jimmy Edwards.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:52 - Mar 2 with 3151 viewsNorthernr

Great to have it back, but not a terrific game to start with really.

Looking forward to getting up at 7am for tomorrow's Goat Rodeo.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:05 - Mar 2 with 3125 viewsMrSheen

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:52 - Mar 2 by Northernr

Great to have it back, but not a terrific game to start with really.

Looking forward to getting up at 7am for tomorrow's Goat Rodeo.

Every club's fans can dream of better things...except Newcastle. (OK, St George too.)
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:06 - Mar 2 with 3119 viewsNorthernr

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:05 - Mar 2 by MrSheen

Every club's fans can dream of better things...except Newcastle. (OK, St George too.)

There's some proper nonsense at the bottom of that league this year. Warriors, Newcastle and St George in danger of making Wests look passable.

Hull have benefitted nicely from the Ponga circus, Clifford and Hoy 2/2 with us so far.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:09 - Mar 2 with 3108 viewsMrSheen

Wests with Api and Bateman, can't wait.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:18 - Mar 2 with 3072 viewsNorthernr

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:09 - Mar 2 by MrSheen

Wests with Api and Bateman, can't wait.

Amazing how Bateman turns that homesickness on and off depending on what cash is on the table isn't it? Does he think Wests is West Yorkshire?
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:26 - Mar 2 with 3055 viewsMrSheen

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:18 - Mar 2 by Northernr

Amazing how Bateman turns that homesickness on and off depending on what cash is on the table isn't it? Does he think Wests is West Yorkshire?

Ooooooh you cynic. I'm inclined to be sympathetic given how difficult it was to get in and out of Australia for more than two years. His daughter is about ten so there might be a bit of home turbulence there too. Not implying anything on the Westerman scale of course, Did he learn that in Hull?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 13:27]
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 14:10 - Mar 2 with 3032 viewsLoyalitat

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:18 - Mar 2 by Northernr

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 14:46 - Mar 2 with 3012 viewsNorthernr

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:26 - Mar 2 by MrSheen

Ooooooh you cynic. I'm inclined to be sympathetic given how difficult it was to get in and out of Australia for more than two years. His daughter is about ten so there might be a bit of home turbulence there too. Not implying anything on the Westerman scale of course, Did he learn that in Hull?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 13:27]

Very much a Castleford move that I believe.

What fun I had sitting next to my mum for 80 minutes of the opening game of the season while the Hull fans sang "if you can't get a hard on lick her arse".
Login to get fewer ads

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 10:45 - Mar 3 with 2936 viewsNorthernr

Fascinating to see how the Broncos fck this one up.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 10:59 - Mar 3 with 2914 viewsNorthernr

Nearly
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:15 - Mar 3 with 2860 viewsLoyalitat

Only Penrith's first game of the season, but they looked very predictable and decidedly average. Koroisau and Kikau are huge losses from last year's NRL premier winning side.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 10:38 - Mar 16 with 2712 viewsMrSheen

My view on Wests helps explain my 5/16 tipping record so far.

Great entertainment at the moment. Manly at full strength are superb, poor old Parra playing the Washington Generals role today.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 10:43 - Mar 16 with 2696 viewsMrSheen

Hang on, might be on another loser here.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 10:46 - Mar 16 with 2694 viewsozexile

Game over.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:36 - Mar 16 with 2639 viewsNorthernr

Strange game that one this morning. You are allowed to tackle lads.

When it's like that I do worry we've gone so much into concussion protocols, speeding the game up, six again, that defence has just gone out of it altogether. I don't find them particularly entertaining when it's like that.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 16:42 - Mar 16 with 2608 viewsLoyalitat

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 13:36 - Mar 16 by Northernr

Strange game that one this morning. You are allowed to tackle lads.

When it's like that I do worry we've gone so much into concussion protocols, speeding the game up, six again, that defence has just gone out of it altogether. I don't find them particularly entertaining when it's like that.

Totally agree re: poor defence from both sides today. Parramatta were missing Lane through injury and Matterson through his own stupidity, but still very poor. I don't see Manly sustaining form throughout the season even if Tommy Turbo remains injury free.

I don't think that there will be a dominant team this season, but I still fancy Penrith to go close again, as their combinations will improve. A change of view from me after seeing the first two rounds. They may have lost two of their three games to the Saints and Brisbane, but they are still strong defensively only conceding two tries in each of those matches and in their victory against the Rabbitohs last week.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 16:45]
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 08:56 - Mar 17 with 2554 viewsMrSheen

Newcastle are a pathetic rabble, can't remember seeing so many errors. Can the Roosters get a refund on Dom Young?
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 11:04 - Mar 17 with 2525 viewsMrSheen

Didn't expect that after 15 minutes. Great comeback (but it had to be).
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 11:58 - Mar 17 with 2500 viewsLoyalitat

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 08:56 - Mar 17 by MrSheen

Newcastle are a pathetic rabble, can't remember seeing so many errors. Can the Roosters get a refund on Dom Young?

Can't understand what Trent Robinson sees in Dom Young. Daniel Tupou may be 31 but is a consistent operator at elite level, which I don't see Young ever achieving. His game is error-strewn with known frailties under the high ball, poor defensive reads, dropping presentable try-scoring passes. which are sadly pretty much run of the mill for him. I'd be surprised if he's playing in the Knight's next game.

Trent Robinson will have worked miracles if he manages to improve Dom Young's overall game.

Wayne Bennett, what a brilliant coach. I love his deadpan post-match interviews too.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:02 - Mar 17 with 2495 viewsMrSheen

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 11:58 - Mar 17 by Loyalitat

Can't understand what Trent Robinson sees in Dom Young. Daniel Tupou may be 31 but is a consistent operator at elite level, which I don't see Young ever achieving. His game is error-strewn with known frailties under the high ball, poor defensive reads, dropping presentable try-scoring passes. which are sadly pretty much run of the mill for him. I'd be surprised if he's playing in the Knight's next game.

Trent Robinson will have worked miracles if he manages to improve Dom Young's overall game.

Wayne Bennett, what a brilliant coach. I love his deadpan post-match interviews too.

He had a shocker against Samoa in the World Cup semi too. One error and he seems to lose all confidence. Did the Dolphins make any errors at all? So professional.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:20 - Mar 17 with 2484 viewsLoyalitat

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:02 - Mar 17 by MrSheen

He had a shocker against Samoa in the World Cup semi too. One error and he seems to lose all confidence. Did the Dolphins make any errors at all? So professional.

Professionalism and high standards are what you get when you recruit the likes of Bromwich brothers, Kamikaze Kaufusi, and Nicholls.

I've been impressed with O'Sullivan and it shows just how good a player Cleary is at Penrith, as I believe he will only get better now that he has the opportunity to play regularly at NRL level..He did a good job for Penrith whenever he was called upon, especially during Origin.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2023 12:26]
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:23 - Mar 17 with 2482 viewsNorthernr

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:20 - Mar 17 by Loyalitat

Professionalism and high standards are what you get when you recruit the likes of Bromwich brothers, Kamikaze Kaufusi, and Nicholls.

I've been impressed with O'Sullivan and it shows just how good a player Cleary is at Penrith, as I believe he will only get better now that he has the opportunity to play regularly at NRL level..He did a good job for Penrith whenever he was called upon, especially during Origin.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2023 12:26]

Bennett and Woolf as coaches as well. Woolf is just a winning machine. All about standards, consistency.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 11:06 - Jul 21 with 2091 viewsNorthernr

How about those Warriors. Thought they'd blown it there. Incredible end. RL at its best that last minute.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:06 - Jul 21 with 2021 viewsMrSheen

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 11:06 - Jul 21 by Northernr

How about those Warriors. Thought they'd blown it there. Incredible end. RL at its best that last minute.

I switched off at 20-6 with 15 to go, got to do some work some time today. (Not now, obviously.) Never seen the Warriors look more professional, great revival by them after the Konrad Hurrell years and Covid, not sure when they were worse.
Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:28 - Jul 21 with 1995 viewsNorthernr

Moooooooooooove - NRL 2023 on 12:06 - Jul 21 by MrSheen

I switched off at 20-6 with 15 to go, got to do some work some time today. (Not now, obviously.) Never seen the Warriors look more professional, great revival by them after the Konrad Hurrell years and Covid, not sure when they were worse.

I can;t believe they're doing it with Dr Death Richard Agar hanging around in the background there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024