Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sandy 07:47 - Mar 26 with 9637 viewsrkershaw

If the unthinkable does happen PLEASE can we consider putting the 20 Wealdstone fans etc in the Sandy and locate all Dale fans the best stand in the ground (with the best uninterrupted views and the best accoustics and the best facilities etc) as the new main stand . Give up the last block on the right hand side of the current main stand (as you look at it from our new aforementioned home stand) and segregate by taking the block next to it out with large scale seat covering to those away fans who wish / need to sit. Give up the whole of the right hand side of the current main stand current home stand for bigger away support IF required. Close the Pearl End / left hand side of the current mains stand as you look at it from the aforementioned new home stand and employ youth team players to collect the ball from empty stand (hence saving monies paid out to stadium support staff) The local kn@bhead gang (with drum and flares) can be rehoused in the block of the new aforementioned home stand furthest away from the Sandy to avoid the obvious (or in the Pearl St end on their own!!). In short.....house ALL home support in the aforementioned new main stand for better atmosphere etc. And before the Sandy old timers have a grumble.....move on!!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 9:58]
The Sandy on 11:36 - Mar 27 with 1565 viewsDale2017

The Sandy on 10:03 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

Forget about the board / players / manager that will represent the club both now and in the future for a moment. Such a board / players / manager will get sacked / move on / retire / go part-time etc but we, as supporters of the club will still be here no matter what. We need solid foundations before we can rebuild again....starting off the pitch A total rebuild of a failing infrastructure that has sadly lead to our demise. We need to start again from scratch.....not revisit or persist in things that are clearly not working. I for one would rather sit / stand in an half full stand surrounded by supporters that I've never seen / spoken to before and look out onto x3 empty stands. We need to communicate with other fans....not the ones we have sat / stood next to since year dot when Uncle Kn@bhead took us to our first Dale match. Discuss / give opinion / make choices .....re-energize from within because believe you me.....this board / management / players ain't going to do it for us!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 10:08]

There's definitely bigger issues that need addressing before worrying about who I've been stood next to in the sandy the last 10 years. I go to watch a game of football and get behind the team. I choose to stand. Some prefer to sit. Each to their own. You seem to want to force people to sit down in a stand when they'd rather be stood just so they can chat with someone new.
The Sandy on 13:12 - Mar 27 with 1411 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 11:36 - Mar 27 by Dale2017

There's definitely bigger issues that need addressing before worrying about who I've been stood next to in the sandy the last 10 years. I go to watch a game of football and get behind the team. I choose to stand. Some prefer to sit. Each to their own. You seem to want to force people to sit down in a stand when they'd rather be stood just so they can chat with someone new.

Take away the numpty crew then how many supporters would be left in the Sandy? Standing only serves to facilitate such anti social behaviour and we need to nip this issue in the bud ASAP! Before I get lynched.....I would like to place on record that not all Sandy laners behave in this manner. Previous self policing of the aforementioned numpties both home / away by supporters is non existent.....and why bother paying for security when they have absolutely no control over proceedings??
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 13:58]
The Sandy on 13:35 - Mar 27 with 1376 views442Dale

The Sandy on 13:12 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

Take away the numpty crew then how many supporters would be left in the Sandy? Standing only serves to facilitate such anti social behaviour and we need to nip this issue in the bud ASAP! Before I get lynched.....I would like to place on record that not all Sandy laners behave in this manner. Previous self policing of the aforementioned numpties both home / away by supporters is non existent.....and why bother paying for security when they have absolutely no control over proceedings??

There are hundreds of fans who stand in the Sandy who have been coming for years and decades. There are also many who have moved from other stands to the Sandy in recent years and prefer it there.

The issues created by some of the younger attendees is a completely different subject. Moving them to a seated area wouldn’t solve the problem either as we’ve seen when some away fans bring a stupid minority with them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Sandy on 14:15 - Mar 27 with 1333 viewsramsdale

I've seen this topic come up a few times lately and it baffles me.

I was told I was speaking "utter rubbish" when I mentioned on Twitter that I wouldn't go to home games if the Sandy was shut. I've grown up in there, made a lot of Dale memories in there, it feels like home and I have absolutely no desire to watch Dale at home fixtures from any other stand as it simply wouldn't be the same for me.

Whilst change is good, and change is definitely needed in one way or another at the club, there's a lot to be said for keeping things the same. We're about to go through yet another turbulent off-season as well as on the pitch next season in the NL. Nobody knows what to expect in the coming year/years, but knowing I can still walk down The Sandy at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon is something that I would be hard pressed to let go of.

Couple the emotional factor of the above with the financial reasoning and you've got yourself even better reasoning as why to not close it. I've spent £855 at the club this year through buying my season ticket, food and drink. If the club is losing £1.4 million per year, that's 0.07% (if my maths is correct). That may seem insignificant, but say 20 people follow suit that's 1.4% down. God forbid 100 took the same course, you're looking at a 7% drop off in matchday income and that's before the drop off of people who already won't be coming back next season.

You may feel it's a good idea, but to put fans through more turmoil would only turn people away from the club, and it will create an unnecessary divide between fans that we really don't need right now.

It certainly wouldn't be a hill I was willing to die on.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 14:18]
The Sandy on 15:08 - Mar 27 with 1273 viewsDale2017

The Sandy on 13:12 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

At least we've finally got to the root of your issue with the sandy lane.

Up until this season its been great in there and never any aggro. Yeah there's a few idiots this season who seem to go out of their way to cause bother but 90% of the fans I'm there are well behaved and go for the same reason as you and I.

Also there's anti social behaviour in that top corner of pearl Street frequently from what I can gather, what's your suggestion to solve that? Close the entire stadium and play behind closed doors whilst a select few gather in the car park for tea and sandwiches?

Sadly there's poor behavior at every ground in the country. The majority of which are all seater stadiums so it just makes your post redundant.
The Sandy on 16:57 - Mar 27 with 1197 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 15:08 - Mar 27 by Dale2017

At least we've finally got to the root of your issue with the sandy lane.

Up until this season its been great in there and never any aggro. Yeah there's a few idiots this season who seem to go out of their way to cause bother but 90% of the fans I'm there are well behaved and go for the same reason as you and I.

Also there's anti social behaviour in that top corner of pearl Street frequently from what I can gather, what's your suggestion to solve that? Close the entire stadium and play behind closed doors whilst a select few gather in the car park for tea and sandwiches?

Sadly there's poor behavior at every ground in the country. The majority of which are all seater stadiums so it just makes your post redundant.

It's certainly not the root of any issue that I have with the Sandy but a contributing factor to my argument!!
The Sandy on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 1175 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 13:35 - Mar 27 by 442Dale

There are hundreds of fans who stand in the Sandy who have been coming for years and decades. There are also many who have moved from other stands to the Sandy in recent years and prefer it there.

The issues created by some of the younger attendees is a completely different subject. Moving them to a seated area wouldn’t solve the problem either as we’ve seen when some away fans bring a stupid minority with them.

It's obviously a Sandy based issue which is relative to my OP.....nor am I advocating that the Laughing Gas Posse are seated in any way shape or form (other than perhaps in the back of a police van with a police dog in attendance).....they should not be allowed entry into the stadium full stop. The club must surely have identified who the culprits by now as they been at it nearly all season!?!?
The Sandy on 17:50 - Mar 27 with 1118 views442Dale

The Sandy on 17:04 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

It's obviously a Sandy based issue which is relative to my OP.....nor am I advocating that the Laughing Gas Posse are seated in any way shape or form (other than perhaps in the back of a police van with a police dog in attendance).....they should not be allowed entry into the stadium full stop. The club must surely have identified who the culprits by now as they been at it nearly all season!?!?

By all accounts there was a similar issue in the corner or Pearl Street, albeit on a lesser scale. Yes it needs sorting but it totally unrelated to moving the rest of the fans into one stand.

Any that aren’t banned now would be part of any move to Willbutts so what’s to stop them all going in there and once you’ve bought your seat it’s even more difficult to move away from them? At least in the Sandy we have a choice to stand where we want.

Facts are, there’s more gained by having a standing terrace option than not.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

The Sandy on 14:16 - Mar 28 with 834 viewsTheBeast666

crowds are shite this season , cant see that much difference in NL tbh - maybe less away support from some of minor teams from down south but a good few clubs with good away followings - Oldham , Notts County, Chesterfield, Halifax, even Gateshead would bring a decent following. Could be some cracking matches with good crowds imho to produce good atmosphere lacking this season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024