Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sandy 07:47 - Mar 26 with 9638 viewsrkershaw

If the unthinkable does happen PLEASE can we consider putting the 20 Wealdstone fans etc in the Sandy and locate all Dale fans the best stand in the ground (with the best uninterrupted views and the best accoustics and the best facilities etc) as the new main stand . Give up the last block on the right hand side of the current main stand (as you look at it from our new aforementioned home stand) and segregate by taking the block next to it out with large scale seat covering to those away fans who wish / need to sit. Give up the whole of the right hand side of the current main stand current home stand for bigger away support IF required. Close the Pearl End / left hand side of the current mains stand as you look at it from the aforementioned new home stand and employ youth team players to collect the ball from empty stand (hence saving monies paid out to stadium support staff) The local kn@bhead gang (with drum and flares) can be rehoused in the block of the new aforementioned home stand furthest away from the Sandy to avoid the obvious (or in the Pearl St end on their own!!). In short.....house ALL home support in the aforementioned new main stand for better atmosphere etc. And before the Sandy old timers have a grumble.....move on!!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 9:58]
The Sandy on 12:02 - Mar 26 with 2146 viewsEllDale

I presume that most of the stewards/security in the Willbutts are agency workers supplied by Companies such as Taurus.
There should be no problem engaging them as and when.
Has anyone considered that some people may actually go in the Sandy because it’s cheaper?
The Sandy on 12:08 - Mar 26 with 2116 viewsBlackburnDale

The Sandy on 12:02 - Mar 26 by EllDale

I presume that most of the stewards/security in the Willbutts are agency workers supplied by Companies such as Taurus.
Has anyone considered that some people may actually go in the Sandy because it’s cheaper?

'Has anyone considered that some people may actually go in the Sandy because it’s cheaper?'

I bought my first season ticket this season & I go in the Sandy cos it's more affordable with travelling in out of town on public transport & I can stand up - I hate being cramped in a seat when I'm over 6 foot tall.
The Sandy on 12:17 - Mar 26 with 2055 viewsD_Alien

The Sandy on 12:02 - Mar 26 by EllDale

Depends who you mean by "anyone" EllDale

The vast majority who go in the Sandy appreciate the price difference, even if it's only one of the reasons they go there

What you should really be asking is: has anyone failed to consider the cost to those fans for whom the price difference matters

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Sandy on 12:43 - Mar 26 with 2018 viewsEllDale

Good point.
The Sandy on 15:07 - Mar 26 with 1903 viewsPeaky

The Sandy on 12:43 - Mar 26 by EllDale

Good point.

Meh, just open three sides of the ground again with the gates open so dale fans can walk around like the old days. It’s non league football.
The Sandy on 20:29 - Mar 26 with 1749 viewsDale2017

The Sandy on 10:20 - Mar 26 by rkershaw

In a nutshell....your post is precisely the reason why we are such a backwards facing club. Why are we so against change / new ideas / fresh approaches / different ways of doing things. Let's just stay in the dark ages and continue on this downwards trajectory!! ??

In a nutshell you're talking nonsense. There's no valid justification for turfing out loyal supporters from the sandy.

It makes more sense to give some of the pearl Street to the away supporters and fans still have the option to sit or stand. You're wanting to take away one option entirely.

I'm not against change etc if there's a valid argument which you haven't been able to provide.

Stick to coming up with the songs pal.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 21:51]
The Sandy on 22:46 - Mar 26 with 1645 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 20:29 - Mar 26 by Dale2017

In a nutshell you're talking nonsense. There's no valid justification for turfing out loyal supporters from the sandy.

It makes more sense to give some of the pearl Street to the away supporters and fans still have the option to sit or stand. You're wanting to take away one option entirely.

I'm not against change etc if there's a valid argument which you haven't been able to provide.

Stick to coming up with the songs pal.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 21:51]

Loyal supporters would support the team regardless of where they would be sitting / standing......the clue is in the word 'SUPPORT'! How many other clubs give away the entire side stand away to a travelling support that if sitting side by side would perhaps fill x1 block?? Come to think.of it.....how many stadiums facilitate standing in this day and age post Hillsborough?? Take a couple of rows of pigeon stained seats out of new main stand and erect crush barriers if you want to stand / are 6ft plus / have a bad back etc. Maybe price seating / standing blocks according to proximity to the half way line / the seating and standing options??
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 22:57]
The Sandy on 22:48 - Mar 26 with 1630 viewsjudd

The Sandy on 22:46 - Mar 26 by rkershaw

Loyal supporters would support the team regardless of where they would be sitting / standing......the clue is in the word 'SUPPORT'! How many other clubs give away the entire side stand away to a travelling support that if sitting side by side would perhaps fill x1 block?? Come to think.of it.....how many stadiums facilitate standing in this day and age post Hillsborough?? Take a couple of rows of pigeon stained seats out of new main stand and erect crush barriers if you want to stand / are 6ft plus / have a bad back etc. Maybe price seating / standing blocks according to proximity to the half way line / the seating and standing options??

We once gave away half a stand to visiting supporters who didn't even sell out the away stand itself.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

The Sandy on 22:50 - Mar 26 with 1623 views442Dale

Ok, when the gates are likely to be less than 1800, put all home fans in the Sandy as some fans think that’s the best stand.

They would all move if they’re “loyal”.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Sandy on 22:55 - Mar 26 with 1604 views442Dale

In League 2 presently, Stevenage, Carlisle, Salford, Sutton, Barrow, Newport, Harrogate, Crawley and Hartlepool all have standing terraces.

If you want L1 and the National League doing, can it wait until morning?

As can all the links to how clubs at the highest level and around Europe are introducing standing areas in their stadiums where possible.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 22:56]

The Sandy on 23:03 - Mar 26 with 1581 views442Dale

The Sandy on 22:55 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

In League 2 presently, Stevenage, Carlisle, Salford, Sutton, Barrow, Newport, Harrogate, Crawley and Hartlepool all have standing terraces.

If you want L1 and the National League doing, can it wait until morning?

As can all the links to how clubs at the highest level and around Europe are introducing standing areas in their stadiums where possible.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 22:56]

Go on then, League 1:

Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham, Burton, Accrington, Morecambe, Cambridge, Forest Green.

The National League can do one, because there’s bloody loads to type out.

The Sandy on 23:10 - Mar 26 with 1535 viewsD_Alien

The Sandy on 23:03 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Go on then, League 1:

Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham, Burton, Accrington, Morecambe, Cambridge, Forest Green.

The National League can do one, because there’s bloody loads to type out.

Your language is getting terrible these days

The Sandy on 23:12 - Mar 26 with 1539 views442Dale

The Sandy on 23:10 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

Your language is getting terrible these days

Scunthorpe is one, yes.

The Sandy on 23:14 - Mar 26 with 1512 viewsD_Alien

The Sandy on 23:12 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

Scunthorpe is one, yes.

The Conte's just gone from Spurs

That's the bloody way to do it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64168691

[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 23:15]

The Sandy on 07:17 - Mar 27 with 1422 viewsDale2017

I take it you haven't seen the news the last couple of years where there's been rule changes to facilitate safe standing because a large number of people want to stand at games?

Like i said in a previous post, why eradicate our only standing option when there's plenty of seating option alternatives we can offer away fans.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 7:23]
The Sandy on 07:35 - Mar 27 with 1402 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 07:17 - Mar 27 by Dale2017

I take it you haven't seen the news the last couple of years where there's been rule changes to facilitate safe standing because a large number of people want to stand at games?

Like i said in a previous post, why eradicate our only standing option when there's plenty of seating option alternatives we can offer away fans.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 7:23]

Being a considered human being, I have suggested alternative standing arrangements for such fans in a previous post,,,,,,,it's called development and adaptability!!
The Sandy on 07:40 - Mar 27 with 1382 viewsnordenblue

The Sandy on 07:35 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

Being a considered human being, I have suggested alternative standing arrangements for such fans in a previous post,,,,,,,it's called development and adaptability!!

You're suggesting spending god knows how much money to change a current all seated stand to accommodate "standing" whilst already having a perfectly fine standing terraced.....mmm
The Sandy on 07:59 - Mar 27 with 1356 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 07:40 - Mar 27 by nordenblue

You're suggesting spending god knows how much money to change a current all seated stand to accommodate "standing" whilst already having a perfectly fine standing terraced.....mmm

I'm trying to advocate change at the club....a different mind set / psychology. I want to see and hear ALL fans together as one.....not dotted around the stadium with a few here and there. A new identity......a unity / togetherness. I want our team to run out of that tunnel on a match day / night and to see a wall of blue. 1800 fans (as previously suggested) in the proposed new stand could sound like a lot more than a couple of pockets of supporters raising the "DAYYUUULLL" chant. Let's get the place jumping....attract new fans / sponsorship / marketing etc......this is an opportunity for change / growth! A time to build and to reinvent ourselves.....surely anything is better than the current dross??!!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 8:01]
The Sandy on 08:00 - Mar 27 with 1355 viewsDale2017

The Sandy on 07:35 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

You suggested removing seats covered in bird poo?

Do you think the club are going to spend money ripping out seats and converting it into a safe standing area which would have to meet efl requirements when there's already a dedicated stand for this and barely have a pot to p*so in?
The Sandy on 08:28 - Mar 27 with 1327 views442Dale

The Sandy on 07:59 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

I'm trying to advocate change at the club....a different mind set / psychology. I want to see and hear ALL fans together as one.....not dotted around the stadium with a few here and there. A new identity......a unity / togetherness. I want our team to run out of that tunnel on a match day / night and to see a wall of blue. 1800 fans (as previously suggested) in the proposed new stand could sound like a lot more than a couple of pockets of supporters raising the "DAYYUUULLL" chant. Let's get the place jumping....attract new fans / sponsorship / marketing etc......this is an opportunity for change / growth! A time to build and to reinvent ourselves.....surely anything is better than the current dross??!!

- some fans may stop attending games
- the facilities, or lack thereof, in the Willbutts would see the club lose thousands each year in bar takings
- the rest of the ground would look empty and any ‘wall of noise’ would be surrounded by the ghostly nature of three stands (bar the 64 Dorking fans running about the Sandy gleefully taunting us with their freedom of movement)
- any other changes to the ground would cost significant sums of money that is quite obviously needed elsewhere.

As has already been posted, new ideas really are good. They can be debated and looked into and then taken forward.

This one has been debated, looked into fairly, shown to be completely unviable at the present time so there’s no point taking it forward.

The Sandy on 09:42 - Mar 27 with 1246 viewsnordenblue

The Sandy on 07:59 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

While i admire your optimism, the real time to build,grow etc was when we had a real buzz around the place and not after several years of absolute boring shite on the pitch with a couple of relegation thrown in just for good measure, all the best attracting new fans they're struggling keeping the ones that are already remotely interested
The Sandy on 10:03 - Mar 27 with 1215 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 09:42 - Mar 27 by nordenblue

While i admire your optimism, the real time to build,grow etc was when we had a real buzz around the place and not after several years of absolute boring shite on the pitch with a couple of relegation thrown in just for good measure, all the best attracting new fans they're struggling keeping the ones that are already remotely interested

Forget about the board / players / manager that will represent the club both now and in the future for a moment. Such a board / players / manager will get sacked / move on / retire / go part-time etc but we, as supporters of the club will still be here no matter what. We need solid foundations before we can rebuild again....starting off the pitch A total rebuild of a failing infrastructure that has sadly lead to our demise. We need to start again from scratch.....not revisit or persist in things that are clearly not working. I for one would rather sit / stand in an half full stand surrounded by supporters that I've never seen / spoken to before and look out onto x3 empty stands. We need to communicate with other fans....not the ones we have sat / stood next to since year dot when Uncle Kn@bhead took us to our first Dale match. Discuss / give opinion / make choices .....re-energize from within because believe you me.....this board / management / players ain't going to do it for us!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 10:08]
The Sandy on 10:19 - Mar 27 with 1178 viewsD_Alien

My suggestion would be to turn the private boxes into padded cells

The way things are going, it's the only way some will be able to watch Dale without doing themselves serious harm

The Sandy on 10:43 - Mar 27 with 1144 viewsnordenblue

The Sandy on 10:03 - Mar 27 by rkershaw

Forget about the board / players / manager that will represent the club both now and in the future for a moment. Such a board / players / manager will get sacked / move on / retire / go part-time etc but we, as supporters of the club will still be here no matter what. We need solid foundations before we can rebuild again....starting off the pitch A total rebuild of a failing infrastructure that has sadly lead to our demise. We need to start again from scratch.....not revisit or persist in things that are clearly not working. I for one would rather sit / stand in an half full stand surrounded by supporters that I've never seen / spoken to before and look out onto x3 empty stands. We need to communicate with other fans....not the ones we have sat / stood next to since year dot when Uncle Kn@bhead took us to our first Dale match. Discuss / give opinion / make choices .....re-energize from within because believe you me.....this board / management / players ain't going to do it for us!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 10:08]

You're now suggesting we turn up to watch the football but just totally forget about the current board,players,manager etc.... its not some blind following sort of cult here we're talking about you know?
The Sandy on 11:12 - Mar 27 with 1091 viewsrkershaw

The Sandy on 10:43 - Mar 27 by nordenblue

You're now suggesting we turn up to watch the football but just totally forget about the current board,players,manager etc.... its not some blind following sort of cult here we're talking about you know?

I'm suggesting that we need look beyond the players / directors / managers (individually / collectively before we can move on as a football club. We need to receptive to new ideas / different approaches / creative thinking....breath new life into the club rather than simply just plodding on.....challenge / discuss / communicate / listen / be flexible / adaptable. I'm not saying that I think that any of the changes that I've put forward will happen....all I want is to invoke some passion between supporters ....certainly not to alienate!!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024