Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... 12:14 - Apr 4 with 5803 viewsFerryjack123

The first thing surely they need to do is get Manning to sign a new contract.. It would be a massive positive to have him here next season..
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 12:28 - Apr 4 with 3315 viewsjojaca

f**k him, plenty of similar players at this level.

Even when you know, you never know?

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 12:36 - Apr 4 with 3305 viewsTreforys_Jack

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 12:28 - Apr 4 by jojaca

Really ?
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 12:43 - Apr 4 with 3290 viewsFireboy2

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 12:28 - Apr 4 by jojaca

There probably are but they will be on quite a bit more.

We should make a good effort to keep him as he is a solid pro who is a jack through and through.
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 13:31 - Apr 4 with 3198 viewsonehunglow

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 12:43 - Apr 4 by Fireboy2

There probably are but they will be on quite a bit more.

We should make a good effort to keep him as he is a solid pro who is a jack through and through.

A what!
An employee of our club who wants a contract offering more
Outstanding ? Not really
Replaceable ? Absolutely

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 13:41 - Apr 4 with 3182 viewsDr_Winston

A decent player I'm happy to have in the squad but not one worth keeping at any cost. His crossing of a live ball is atrocious.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:00 - Apr 4 with 3154 viewsSullutaCreturned

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 13:41 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

A decent player I'm happy to have in the squad but not one worth keeping at any cost. His crossing of a live ball is atrocious.

Him AND latibeaufiere, neither can cross.

While I want to see investment, nt at any cost and while I will moan about it, I've seen plenty of players come in on good money only to be a total let down.

It's a difficult path to tread but we need to balance spending
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:06 - Apr 4 with 3141 viewsDr_Winston

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:00 - Apr 4 by SullutaCreturned

Him AND latibeaufiere, neither can cross.

While I want to see investment, nt at any cost and while I will moan about it, I've seen plenty of players come in on good money only to be a total let down.

It's a difficult path to tread but we need to balance spending

In fairness to Lati, I wouldn't expect crossing to be a strength of a central defender, no matter where Russy keeps insisting on playing him. As a fullback/wingback, it should be something that Manning is good at. He isn't. Bidwell was a much better crosser.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:23 - Apr 4 with 3110 viewsfelixstowe_jack

According to stats

Grimes has 7 assists 5th in championship
Manning has 6 assists 13th in championship
Latti, Ntcham and Sorinola have 3 assists 65th in championship
Copper and Cundle 2 assists
Five others have 1 assists each

Which makes 31 goals. Not sure who assisted for the other 23 goals.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:47 - Apr 4 with 3075 viewsFireboy2

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 13:41 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps its because he isnt a winger, Martin's persistence in playing full backs as wing backs are the problem, as I've said manning is a solid pro, someone we need with the young squad we have.
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 15:07 - Apr 4 with 3042 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:23 - Apr 4 by felixstowe_jack

According to stats

Grimes has 7 assists 5th in championship
Manning has 6 assists 13th in championship
Latti, Ntcham and Sorinola have 3 assists 65th in championship
Copper and Cundle 2 assists
Five others have 1 assists each

Which makes 31 goals. Not sure who assisted for the other 23 goals.

Manning has 4 of them.
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 15:26 - Apr 4 with 3009 viewsDr_Winston

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 14:47 - Apr 4 by Fireboy2

Perhaps its because he isnt a winger, Martin's persistence in playing full backs as wing backs are the problem, as I've said manning is a solid pro, someone we need with the young squad we have.

You'd expect a fullback to be able to sling a decent ball over more often than Manning does. Any player naturally sited out wide should.

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 15:47 - Apr 4 with 2990 viewsFireboy2

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 15:26 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

You'd expect a fullback to be able to sling a decent ball over more often than Manning does. Any player naturally sited out wide should.

You would wouldnt you especially the amount of time they play wing back, you would also expect them to practise crossing if they play wing back.
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 16:10 - Apr 4 with 2939 viewsFireboy2

Two words.

Nigel Morris.
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:21 - Apr 4 with 2855 viewsFerryjack123

Another 2 words

Yes Please!!!
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:27 - Apr 4 with 2846 viewsFlashberryjack

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 16:10 - Apr 4 by Fireboy2

Two words.

Nigel Morris.

Four words.
Never heard of him

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:27 - Apr 4 with 2822 viewsDr_Parnassus

A takeover is not true, no. Not sure why people keep saying it.

They have said they are seeking investment. That’s what an ownership model such as this does and why they were brought in. Due to their access to further investors.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:35 - Apr 4 with 2809 viewsDr_Parnassus

As for Manning. We shouldn’t be breaking the bank for him.

If we make a left back one of our highest earners (or among them) as reported he would become, not only does it restrict you in key areas but other players will start knocking on the door.

The reason Manning has had such a good season is he is literally our only player capable of providing any sort of width, albeit with a defensive mindset.

We are screaming out for wingers and wide players, Manning having the season he has had shows that. This system cannot work in the centrally mobile way it has been carried out for the last 2 years, which is largely why we struggle.

Russ not working that out in 4 years is one of the main reasons I lost faith in his footballing knowledge and tactical nous. It’s not even particularly complex.

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:42 - Apr 4 with 2807 viewsmagicdaps10

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 16:10 - Apr 4 by Fireboy2

Two words.

Nigel Morris.

Name is being branded about, can't see it myself but he has Welsh roots.

Rumours of a takeover being talked about but again I can't see that, saying that, with this lot in charge then nothing will amaze me.

Supposedly something hopefully being announced this week or next week at the latest.....thats the rumour.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:51 - Apr 4 with 2757 viewsDr_Parnassus

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:42 - Apr 4 by magicdaps10

Rumours of a takeover being talked about but again I can't see that, saying that, with this lot in charge then nothing will amaze me.

Supposedly something hopefully being announced this week or next week at the latest.....thats the rumour.

Stop listening to rumours is my advice.

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 18:23 - Apr 4 with 2731 viewsKeithHaynes

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 17:42 - Apr 4 by magicdaps10

If it’s true then any negotiation will take ages.
They have previous ‘trust’ me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 18:32 - Apr 4 with 2716 viewsmagicdaps10

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 18:23 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

If it’s true then any negotiation will take ages.
They have previous ‘trust’ me.

Oh yes, I am aware 😉

Always plenty of rumours flying about with these types of things.......i received a DM from a poster on here a few months regards happenings and passed it off.......seems that there was some truth in it all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 19:12 - Apr 4 with 2636 viewsWhiterockin

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 18:32 - Apr 4 by magicdaps10

Oh yes, I am aware 😉

Always plenty of rumours flying about with these types of things.......i received a DM from a poster on here a few months regards happenings and passed it off.......seems that there was some truth in it all.

There have been strong rumours for a while, I don't know if there was any truth in the £40M price tag with the £15M promotion clause.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 19:16 - Apr 4 with 2616 viewsSullutaCreturned

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 15:26 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

Actually I'd expect any pro player to be able to do a basic thing. If a parks player in local leage can cross then a pro should be able to, after all it's only a lofted pass. passing is one thing we do to death UNTIL we get to the oppo penalty area when we forget how.
If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 19:23 - Apr 4 with 2603 viewsKeithHaynes

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 19:12 - Apr 4 by Whiterockin

There have been strong rumours for a while, I don't know if there was any truth in the £40M price tag with the £15M promotion clause.

I would doubt our majority owners would take a sixty million loss on their initial investment with 28 or so small investors to keep happy. Unless of course Silverstein is part of the plan. Unless someone more business minded can explain the diluted side of things.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 19:33 - Apr 4 with 2583 viewsWhiterockin

If this new investment/takeover is true then.... on 19:23 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

I would doubt our majority owners would take a sixty million loss on their initial investment with 28 or so small investors to keep happy. Unless of course Silverstein is part of the plan. Unless someone more business minded can explain the diluted side of things.

The club was valued at £100m, they originally paid about £60M for their shares, didn't they? So basically a £20M loss, possibly only £5M if we were promoted within 5 years. Obviously excluding any money they have put in since. Or am I way off the mark?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024