Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abdulai 19:01 - May 25 with 3072 viewsBadlands

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12124673/Newcastle-Aston-Vill
Didn’t realise he was that highly regarded!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Abdulai on 19:14 - May 25 with 3038 viewsKeithHaynes

Stole our thunder there.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Abdulai on 19:25 - May 25 with 2982 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Swansea youth teams are making a strong recovery from a few fallow years. Some real good prospects coming through and Mr Wright has them playing in the way the club likes. There was high quality in the players released like Leveritt, Rushesha and Hurford who looked excellent players to me.

I watched the 10-1. Birmingham should not have been that bad and never gave up. Addullai was imperious. He made a mistake v Oxford with a long hospital pass to Benda who panicked when Swansea were cruising at 0-2. Then Congreve jumped out of the way of a free kick 2-2 and losing on pens.

If Martin pays for Swansea player the going rate I do not mind. I however do not want to see him pinch young players.

Martin was a guest of Matty Jones when Wales u21 went to Portugal to see Josh Thomas Congreve, Cotterill Webb perform for Wales and Abdullai for Scotland. He was scouting for Swansea looking at the best u21 players. Sadly he will use this scouting for Southampton.

Luca Hoole is highly rated at Bristol Rovers.

You may recall Mitch saying "nice tan Russ" and Russ replying "I was working Mitch".

Wise sage since Toshack era

Abdulai on 05:47 - May 26 with 2628 viewsThornburyswan

Having seen a few of his U21 games he strikes me as a similar player to Carlton Palmer (ex-WBA, Sheff Wed, Leeds from the 80/90s) - tall, strong with a deceptively long stride so appears to move quicker than he looks. Can appear ungainly but has a habit of nicking the ball just when you think he is losing control/ challenge.

If Grimes moves on would be worth a go in that deeper holding midfield slot imo.
Abdulai on 09:34 - May 26 with 2449 viewsKeithHaynes

Abdulai on 05:47 - May 26 by Thornburyswan

Having seen a few of his U21 games he strikes me as a similar player to Carlton Palmer (ex-WBA, Sheff Wed, Leeds from the 80/90s) - tall, strong with a deceptively long stride so appears to move quicker than he looks. Can appear ungainly but has a habit of nicking the ball just when you think he is losing control/ challenge.

If Grimes moves on would be worth a go in that deeper holding midfield slot imo.

He should be promoted in to the first team squadfor next season.

Abdulai on 20:08 - May 26 with 2189 viewsSullutaCreturned

Abdulai on 09:34 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

He should be promoted in to the first team squadfor next season.

That's what I think. Mind you, if he i so good thn why didn't martin give him more game time? Specially the last 2-3 games.
Abdulai on 21:20 - May 26 with 2145 viewsKeithHaynes

Abdulai on 20:08 - May 26 by SullutaCreturned

That's what I think. Mind you, if he i so good thn why didn't martin give him more game time? Specially the last 2-3 games.

Can’t pass the ball slowly ?

Abdulai on 21:34 - May 26 with 2110 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin wanted to keep his unbeaten run going for CV purposes. Building for the future of the club was no longer in his thinking.

Abdulai on 21:38 - May 26 with 2116 viewsBadlands

He only just got round to playing Ntcham in his effective position and then only because Joey was crocked.
Martin didn’t trust his players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Abdulai on 09:46 - May 27 with 1963 viewsKeithHaynes

Agent working extra hard.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60280

Abdulai on 10:31 - May 27 with 1909 viewsmax936

Abdulai on 09:46 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

Agent working extra hard.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60280

Looks like we could be missing out on seeing a quality player already at SCFC from playing in the first team that probably could have added something to our game, disgraceful if that happens, but not surprising.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Abdulai on 12:21 - May 27 with 1876 viewsFireboy2

Abdulai on 10:31 - May 27 by max936

Looks like we could be missing out on seeing a quality player already at SCFC from playing in the first team that probably could have added something to our game, disgraceful if that happens, but not surprising.

I think if he was ready for the first team he would be in it already.

This report is all about bigging him up to be possibly sold and get a good wage for himself and his agent.
Abdulai on 12:30 - May 27 with 1873 viewsDr_Winston

Abdulai on 12:21 - May 27 by Fireboy2

This report is all about bigging him up to be possibly sold and get a good wage for himself and his agent.

Tend to agree.

Realistically speaking, for me if a player isn't knocking on the door of the first team, or at least doing the business out on loan at league level by the age of 19 or 20 then they're probably not going to make an impact here.

There are exceptions to this of course, and some players will get released at that age, drop a level, get some games under their belt and then kick on. Abdulai will be 21 in a few months and has done nothing anywhere outside of youth football.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Abdulai (n/t) on 12:49 - May 27 with 1856 viewsmax936

Don't know what's happened here, double post, that I somehow sent, bloody technology, bad enough dealing with it at work, without dealing with it at my leisure.

Sun's shinning, must be time for a beer of 6 I reckon
[Post edited 27 May 2023 12:54]

Abdulai (n/t) on 12:49 - May 27 with 1856 viewsmax936

Could be FB, but without seeing him play its hard to make that judgement?
[Post edited 27 May 2023 12:51]

Abdulai on 12:53 - May 27 with 1855 viewsReslovenSwan1

Abdulai on 12:30 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Tend to agree.

Realistically speaking, for me if a player isn't knocking on the door of the first team, or at least doing the business out on loan at league level by the age of 19 or 20 then they're probably not going to make an impact here.

There are exceptions to this of course, and some players will get released at that age, drop a level, get some games under their belt and then kick on. Abdulai will be 21 in a few months and has done nothing anywhere outside of youth football.

It is football. Cooper assessed that Goykeres was not good enough and preferred Bidwell over Manning.

You would have argued then that If Goykeres had anything about him Cooper would have picked him over Lowe. He did have something about him but Cooper did not see it. Perhaps Cooper saw some "non negotiable" with Manning and preferred the more dependable but less exciting Bidwell?

Clearly Abdullai needs a run in senior football. The big clubs are masters at seeing potential and getting in early. Abdullai has served his apprenticeship and will now be in the first team squad. Martin wanted him out on loan but there were no takers. Cullen and Ollie Cooper are slow burners as you describe. Swansea b must prepare players 'in house' mentor them then play them.

Abdulai on 13:29 - May 27 with 1835 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Abdulai on 12:53 - May 27 by ReslovenSwan1

It is football. Cooper assessed that Goykeres was not good enough and preferred Bidwell over Manning.

You would have argued then that If Goykeres had anything about him Cooper would have picked him over Lowe. He did have something about him but Cooper did not see it. Perhaps Cooper saw some "non negotiable" with Manning and preferred the more dependable but less exciting Bidwell?

Clearly Abdullai needs a run in senior football. The big clubs are masters at seeing potential and getting in early. Abdullai has served his apprenticeship and will now be in the first team squad. Martin wanted him out on loan but there were no takers. Cullen and Ollie Cooper are slow burners as you describe. Swansea b must prepare players 'in house' mentor them then play them.

Gyokeres has filled out physically. When he was with us he was just a gangly streak of weak sauce, but he looks physically a lot stronger since he’s been at Coventry.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Abdulai on 13:47 - May 27 with 1813 viewsmax936

Abdulai on 13:29 - May 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Gyokeres has filled out physically. When he was with us he was just a gangly streak of weak sauce, but he looks physically a lot stronger since he’s been at Coventry.

Abdulai on 14:38 - May 27 with 1778 viewsReslovenSwan1

Abdulai on 13:29 - May 27 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Available for £1m with potential. Cooper preferred players he had worked with before on loan and left no legacy. This has to be the Swansea methodology. Buy and develop potential when it is cheap. Martin has done this with Wood, Darling, Downes and Fisher if he keeps improving. He has also played Benda, Cooper and Cullen who were largely ignored by Cooper. Cabango got a run under Cooper.

Abdulai on 16:29 - May 27 with 1739 viewsglanmORJa_k

Was Gyokeres really given a chance under Cooper, two starts in the league and his only goal in the cup tie at Stevenage. Kasey Palmer another loan player who made just two starts under Cooper.
Abdulai on 22:08 - May 27 with 1624 viewsReslovenSwan1

In the u21 season summary on the OS web page it was reported that Abdullai is under contract until 2025 . There is also and option to 2026. Only the best Swansea prospects get these deals. Ben Lloyd is another with h a long term deal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024