Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thames Water 14:40 - Jun 28 with 4906 viewsstevec

Thames Water on brink of going bust now!

£60bn paid to shareholders over the last 30 years from British water companies but if it folds taxpayers get to pick up the debt of circa £14bn.

I might be a capitalist at heart but even I can see this is plain wrong. Big companies are shafting the public from every angle, it’s amazing people are taking hit after hit in the chin. Somethings got to give.

What a mess this country has got itself in.
Thames Water on 22:46 - Jun 28 with 946 viewsTomS

The last thing the government want to do is to take it back into public ownership. That would mean them taking responsibility for repaying the debts and upgrading the infrastructure.

Wait for it to go into administration, then for a foreign investor with close links to their own national government to step in and buy it at a heavily discounted price, then hold London to ransom at some point in the future.
Thames Water on 08:38 - Jun 29 with 766 viewsconnell10

Thames Water on 22:46 - Jun 28 by TomS

The last thing the government want to do is to take it back into public ownership. That would mean them taking responsibility for repaying the debts and upgrading the infrastructure.

Wait for it to go into administration, then for a foreign investor with close links to their own national government to step in and buy it at a heavily discounted price, then hold London to ransom at some point in the future.

BINGO!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Thames Water on 09:33 - Jun 29 with 709 viewsSonofpugwash

Bailing out a water company - yeah I like that.
Time to pull the plug on Thames Water.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Thames Water on 09:54 - Jun 29 with 680 viewsstevec

I’m listening to Owen Jones and largely agreeing with him.

How bad have things got?
Thames Water on 10:00 - Jun 29 with 665 viewsrobith

Public utilities should be in public hands so their management can be accountable to the people, and because privatising monopolies just allows minted perennial corporate failures to walk from golden hello to golden goodbye over and over whilst we pick up the tab
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024