Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this too much positivity for us? 20:37 - Jul 6 with 1995 viewsdantheswansman

I am totally amazed how well the club is doing so far
two hugely positive players coming in who a lot of clubs were after
A manager who has shown real determination and desire to push on
Getting a goal keeping coach who is good enough for England and who helped get Fisher a golden glove
Moving his family over to Swansea to show commitment to the club

Am i just living in some dream world or are we (Swansea City) finally doing what we all want and making a positive movement into this season?
I have forgotten when i last felt this positive going into a season
Are we allowed to dream ?
Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:40 - Jul 6 with 1980 viewsQJumpingJack

I am feeling more positive than I was three weeks ago.

But lets see which key players leave in the next few days...........
Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:43 - Jul 6 with 1972 viewsdantheswansman

I am already factoring in losing Piroe and possibly Ntcham, i still only see positive motions, i am so far flabbergasted how competent the board have been, this is not normal for us ????
Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:46 - Jul 6 with 1958 viewsDr_Winston

Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:40 - Jul 6 by QJumpingJack

I am feeling more positive than I was three weeks ago.

But lets see which key players leave in the next few days...........

Key players leave. Key players always leave, unless you're Man City or Real Madrid. The key is how you replace them.

Piroe will go. Piroe will be tricky to replace, but so has every recent free scoring striker and we've done OK so far. N'tcham may go. Perhaps he can be replaced with a change of style. Some people see Grimes as a key player. Grimes may also leave. You could probably replace him with one of those metal things they use to simulate a wall during free kick practice, but chances are we'll do better than that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:49 - Jul 6 with 1959 viewsdantheswansman

No disagreements from me but are you not seeing the positivity from this board now? what is going on here recently is not the norm for us, in fact the competency is far from normal, i am not used to seeing it
Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:02 - Jul 6 with 1919 viewsDr_Winston

Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:49 - Jul 6 by dantheswansman

No disagreements from me but are you not seeing the positivity from this board now? what is going on here recently is not the norm for us, in fact the competency is far from normal, i am not used to seeing it

To me it seems apparent that there's been a big shift in emphasis both on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch there's been a power transfer. Whatever you think of Kaplan and Levein (I think too many mistakes have been made overall but commend them on at least trying to keep the club sustainable) it really doesn't look like they're all that involved any more. Morris is the new power, and with that comes sweeping changes in how we do things. Changes that on first impression appear to be for the better.

On the pitch really the only way is up after the shite that was Russell Martin's "process". Michael Duff is absolutely saying the right things about how he, and to be blunt, most supporters want to see the team play. Proof will be in the pudding of course, but it's nice to hear managers talking about goals and wins instead of nonsense like metrics.

We do have to be careful as it may all still go tits up, but it's nice to be looking at the forthcoming season with optimism. I renewed my season ticket reluctantly, more out of a sense of obligation rather than anticipation. That has changed now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:05 - Jul 6 with 1924 viewsFireboy2

Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:46 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Key players leave. Key players always leave, unless you're Man City or Real Madrid. The key is how you replace them.

Piroe will go. Piroe will be tricky to replace, but so has every recent free scoring striker and we've done OK so far. N'tcham may go. Perhaps he can be replaced with a change of style. Some people see Grimes as a key player. Grimes may also leave. You could probably replace him with one of those metal things they use to simulate a wall during free kick practice, but chances are we'll do better than that.

🤣🤣🤣👏
Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:16 - Jul 6 with 1894 viewsDr_Winston

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:05 - Jul 6 by Fireboy2

🤣🤣🤣👏

This kind of stuff makes people think that I hate Grimes more than I actually do. Comedic exagerration really.

He's capable, occasionally very good when the mood takes him. I just think he's wildly overrated and very replaceable.

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:42 - Jul 6 with 1835 viewsWhiterockin

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:02 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

To me it seems apparent that there's been a big shift in emphasis both on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch there's been a power transfer. Whatever you think of Kaplan and Levein (I think too many mistakes have been made overall but commend them on at least trying to keep the club sustainable) it really doesn't look like they're all that involved any more. Morris is the new power, and with that comes sweeping changes in how we do things. Changes that on first impression appear to be for the better.

On the pitch really the only way is up after the shite that was Russell Martin's "process". Michael Duff is absolutely saying the right things about how he, and to be blunt, most supporters want to see the team play. Proof will be in the pudding of course, but it's nice to hear managers talking about goals and wins instead of nonsense like metrics.

We do have to be careful as it may all still go tits up, but it's nice to be looking at the forthcoming season with optimism. I renewed my season ticket reluctantly, more out of a sense of obligation rather than anticipation. That has changed now.

Hypothetical of course because there will be in comings and out goings, but if we went with what we currently have, how do you think we would do this season. Personally I think we would be in with a shout of the play offs providing Martyn Margetson can sort out our keeper issue.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:59 - Jul 6 with 1797 viewsDr_Winston

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:42 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Hypothetical of course because there will be in comings and out goings, but if we went with what we currently have, how do you think we would do this season. Personally I think we would be in with a shout of the play offs providing Martyn Margetson can sort out our keeper issue.

With what we have? I'd hope that we would be playoff contenders.

A lot of people think that it'll be a stronger division this season, but I'm not so sure. For Burnley and Sheff Utd last season, see Leicester and Leeds this. It may be tempting fate, but unless Martin learned huge lessons last season and doesn't go into Southampton trying to get his process working then they may well struggle.

Otherwise The Championship is basically where it was last year, and we could have made the playoffs easily then if not for Russy. The keeper situation is not the problem. Fisher was just fine during the run in once we stopped f*cking around at the back.

Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 1785 viewsWhiterockin

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:59 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

With what we have? I'd hope that we would be playoff contenders.

A lot of people think that it'll be a stronger division this season, but I'm not so sure. For Burnley and Sheff Utd last season, see Leicester and Leeds this. It may be tempting fate, but unless Martin learned huge lessons last season and doesn't go into Southampton trying to get his process working then they may well struggle.

Otherwise The Championship is basically where it was last year, and we could have made the playoffs easily then if not for Russy. The keeper situation is not the problem. Fisher was just fine during the run in once we stopped f*cking around at the back.

Pretty much where I am apart from the keeper who I think needs to command his box more. Our current squad is fine so no rush to bring anyone in unless someone leaves.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:12 - Jul 6 with 1760 viewsDr_Winston

Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:06 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Pretty much where I am apart from the keeper who I think needs to command his box more. Our current squad is fine so no rush to bring anyone in unless someone leaves.

I'd still see Benda as a clear #1 if fit. The question mark for me is whether Woodman was more Cooper or Margetson.

There's no way on Earth that I'd have loaned Woodman for a second season with SB doing so well on loan the year before. It would be interesting to know if we did because Cooper was still infatuated with his England u17s or because both he and Margetson had doubts over Benda.

Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:30 - Jul 6 with 1725 viewsFireboy2

Is this too much positivity for us? on 21:16 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

This kind of stuff makes people think that I hate Grimes more than I actually do. Comedic exagerration really.

He's capable, occasionally very good when the mood takes him. I just think he's wildly overrated and very replaceable.

I think we will see a different grimes under duff, we won't be p!ssing about with the ball in our own half, we will be getting the ball forward quicker and we will see grimes pushing forward in more attacking positions.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:14 - Jul 7 with 1512 viewsRichardO

Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:30 - Jul 6 by Fireboy2

I think we will see a different grimes under duff, we won't be p!ssing about with the ball in our own half, we will be getting the ball forward quicker and we will see grimes pushing forward in more attacking positions.

Not too sure about that Grimes has a tendency to sit very deep as part of his defensive role seems to be a natural instinct to protect himself against his lack of real pace, he needs a number of players around him who have the pace to cover for him when he does push on, maybe one of those being Ollie Cooper who looked good making space with his movement up front but doesn't seem to have that instinct for goal scoring but he did cover well defensively for Mannings regular surges forward.
Hope Grimes has the players around him so we get the best out of him.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:21 - Jul 7 with 1506 viewsjohnlangy

Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:30 - Jul 6 by Fireboy2

Totally agree.

If we accept that players were playing a certain way because of the way they were coached to play last season then we have to agree that this season they'll play differently according to how they are coached now.

I think Grimes is a tremendously accurate passer of the ball so if a lot more of those passes this season are forward and quicker rather than sideways and backwards, because of what we believe will be Duffs more aggressive forward thinking style of play, then people's opinion of Grimes will change.

And i'm very positive about the season ahead.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:31 - Jul 7 with 1494 viewsWhiterockin

Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:21 - Jul 7 by johnlangy

Totally agree.

If we accept that players were playing a certain way because of the way they were coached to play last season then we have to agree that this season they'll play differently according to how they are coached now.

I think Grimes is a tremendously accurate passer of the ball so if a lot more of those passes this season are forward and quicker rather than sideways and backwards, because of what we believe will be Duffs more aggressive forward thinking style of play, then people's opinion of Grimes will change.

And i'm very positive about the season ahead.

I think the major change will be we will play with pace out wide, this will be wasted unless the ball is played early. Add to that there is no point having wide pace if the rest of the team are not able to keep up and get into positions to receive the ball. Big changes are needed exciting times ahead.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:36 - Jul 7 with 1486 viewsonehunglow

Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:46 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Good posting

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is this too much positivity for us? on 10:34 - Jul 7 with 1447 viewsRichardO

Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:31 - Jul 7 by Whiterockin

I think the major change will be we will play with pace out wide, this will be wasted unless the ball is played early. Add to that there is no point having wide pace if the rest of the team are not able to keep up and get into positions to receive the ball. Big changes are needed exciting times ahead.

Hopefully Duff will ensure the shape and pace of the team can deliver, as you pointed out, what has being missing at times being part of the reason for our slide out of the Premiership and inability to gain promotion, changes were/are needed
Is this too much positivity for us? on 11:31 - Jul 7 with 1417 viewsFireboy2

Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:14 - Jul 7 by RichardO

Not too sure about that Grimes has a tendency to sit very deep as part of his defensive role seems to be a natural instinct to protect himself against his lack of real pace, he needs a number of players around him who have the pace to cover for him when he does push on, maybe one of those being Ollie Cooper who looked good making space with his movement up front but doesn't seem to have that instinct for goal scoring but he did cover well defensively for Mannings regular surges forward.
Hope Grimes has the players around him so we get the best out of him.

That's what we all think of grimes but he has now and again ventured forward where he looked good, he has good quick feet, can pass accurately (only with his left) which will be vital in the final third, we have fulton and allen who can protect the back 3.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 17:29 - Jul 7 with 1266 viewsRichardO

Is this too much positivity for us? on 11:31 - Jul 7 by Fireboy2

That's what we all think of grimes but he has now and again ventured forward where he looked good, he has good quick feet, can pass accurately (only with his left) which will be vital in the final third, we have fulton and allen who can protect the back 3.

Will Allen or Fulton stay fit for the full season I think not, so as the season progress need to look for viable alternatives.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 18:21 - Jul 7 with 1238 viewsSullutaCreturned

Is this too much positivity for us? on 20:43 - Jul 6 by dantheswansman

I am already factoring in losing Piroe and possibly Ntcham, i still only see positive motions, i am so far flabbergasted how competent the board have been, this is not normal for us ????

I am feeling generally more positive but I am waiting until all th comings and goings are done and see how we fare the first 6-10 weeks of the seson before getting too excited.

A certain amount of optimism seems warranted though
Is this too much positivity for us? on 18:24 - Jul 7 with 1235 viewsshingle

Is this too much positivity for us? on 19:17 - Jul 7 with 1192 viewsFireboy2

Is this too much positivity for us? on 18:24 - Jul 7 by shingle

That's right, you don't do positivity.
Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:57 - Jul 7 with 1106 viewsRichardO

Is this too much positivity for us? on 18:21 - Jul 7 by SullutaCreturned

I am feeling generally more positive but I am waiting until all th comings and goings are done and see how we fare the first 6-10 weeks of the seson before getting too excited.

A certain amount of optimism seems warranted though

Enjoy it while you can, farcical xfer Windows August and January they weren't the problem last season so enjoy a new manger until we know what he can deliver
Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:45 - Jul 9 with 995 viewsAnotherJohn

Is this too much positivity for us? on 22:57 - Jul 7 by RichardO

Enjoy it while you can, farcical xfer Windows August and January they weren't the problem last season so enjoy a new manger until we know what he can deliver

Positivity is good, but I would be worried if we lose Piroe and Ntcham and our main new recruits are Ginnelly and Key. In my opinion that makes us significantly weaker, especially when it comes to goal scoring. I don't know much about Ginnelly, but have seen a lot of Josh Key as I take an interest in Exeter. He is a good prospect, but has operated mainly at full back in a mid-table L1 side that have struggled for creativity at times. Key may indeed be better going forward that our current wing backs, but will need to step up to have an impact in the Championship. I think other posters are right to say we will rely more on wide players, but somebody has got to stick the crosses in the net. If we are looking to Liam Cullen or Josh Thomas to fill the Piroe gap then I fear they may be a season short of where they need to be.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 14:27]
Is this too much positivity for us? on 11:24 - Jul 9 with 959 viewsRichardO

Is this too much positivity for us? on 09:45 - Jul 9 by AnotherJohn

Positivity is good, but I would be worried if we lose Piroe and Ntcham and our main new recruits are Ginnelly and Key. In my opinion that makes us significantly weaker, especially when it comes to goal scoring. I don't know much about Ginnelly, but have seen a lot of Josh Key as I take an interest in Exeter. He is a good prospect, but has operated mainly at full back in a mid-table L1 side that have struggled for creativity at times. Key may indeed be better going forward that our current wing backs, but will need to step up to have an impact in the Championship. I think other posters are right to say we will rely more on wide players, but somebody has got to stick the crosses in the net. If we are looking to Liam Cullen or Josh Thomas to fill the Piroe gap then I fear they may be a season short of where they need to be.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 14:27]

We had a very young squad last ýear and there were areas of concern but would it have been right to try and blood more younger players. The end of season run of form we went back to 4 at the back and played more relatively older more experienced players or included Cundle who was from a higher division team's setup.
So given the championship experience gained by some of the new signing and blooded youngsters last year, would it be prudent to bring more youngsters in from our development squads into the first team to fill those areas of concern this year?
(Edit made to make the my point a little clearer, Do we bring more younger or inexperienced players at Championship level this year as we did last year)
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 12:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024