Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slavia Prague v QPR 13:36 - Jul 8 with 24770 viewsHooping_Mad

Just £5 on recast.

This season could be the very definition of madness.

From the preseason vid's I'm not sure how we think that figure is reasonable, especially on that platform.

Edit: 4pm Kick off I think.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2023 13:36]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Slavia Prague v QPR on 14:50 - Jul 9 with 1671 viewsderbyhoop

Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:53 - Jul 8 by DejR_vu

because the club is incapable of producing enough players to sell and maximising the value of those that are sold.

And we have 1 of the smallest grounds in the Championship, in one of the most expensive parts of the country. We make next to nothing on non match days.

Sure, if we could produce a £10m+ player every season then we'd be OK. V few clubs do that.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Slavia Prague v QPR on 15:44 - Jul 9 with 1537 viewsDejR_vu

Slavia Prague v QPR on 14:50 - Jul 9 by derbyhoop

And we have 1 of the smallest grounds in the Championship, in one of the most expensive parts of the country. We make next to nothing on non match days.

Sure, if we could produce a £10m+ player every season then we'd be OK. V few clubs do that.

I get that DerbyHoop, I’m not saying we don’t have challenges, or that it’s easy. But, most clubs have challenges (Coventry have only just got their ground back after being nomads for years, Luton were fresh out of the Conference not long ago) but there are lots of fans who always use ours as excuses. We know ours, we need to be better at overcoming them, otherwise we wither and die. It feels like we’re on a terminal decline.

If the only way we can survive is by selling players for profit, then we have absolutely no choice but to sell players for profit, or we’re going down the leagues into extinction. That market might be tighter, but it’s still there. The proof of what happens when we fvck it up is in front of everyone’s eyes. Our recruitment and trading has, by and large, been cr@p. Look where we are as a consequence. Like I say we have no choice but to get it right to avoid being where we are, get it wrong and we end up with what we’ve got.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 16:37 - Jul 9 with 1448 viewsdavman

Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:32 - Jul 8 by daveB

I k ow what you mean but we did make a sizeable profit on free transfer dieng today

Did we though? Seven years of wages, say average of £6k per week = £2.1m.

Just sayin'...

Arsenal has spent £605m since 2019 from just one division above us. Tells you everything you need to know about how broken football is.

Bet the Prem is really psd off with Luton and Sheff U's approach of taking the money and taking the relegation, but they are doing the right thing if they want scraps from the top table. We are just so, so far behind it all now. A few pennies "profit" on any one of our players is worthless - it's Eze style sales or nothing and I know which way we are going...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Slavia Prague v QPR on 16:53 - Jul 9 with 1416 viewscyprusmel

Slavia Prague v QPR on 15:44 - Jul 9 by DejR_vu

I get that DerbyHoop, I’m not saying we don’t have challenges, or that it’s easy. But, most clubs have challenges (Coventry have only just got their ground back after being nomads for years, Luton were fresh out of the Conference not long ago) but there are lots of fans who always use ours as excuses. We know ours, we need to be better at overcoming them, otherwise we wither and die. It feels like we’re on a terminal decline.

If the only way we can survive is by selling players for profit, then we have absolutely no choice but to sell players for profit, or we’re going down the leagues into extinction. That market might be tighter, but it’s still there. The proof of what happens when we fvck it up is in front of everyone’s eyes. Our recruitment and trading has, by and large, been cr@p. Look where we are as a consequence. Like I say we have no choice but to get it right to avoid being where we are, get it wrong and we end up with what we’ve got.

Brighton, another team to have done well from nowhere, I remember watching them at the Withdean Stadium.
Now they have a New Stadium premier status and selling players for sums we could only dream about.
So many so called smaller teams have left us behind.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 18:14 - Jul 9 with 1249 viewshantssi

Slavia Prague v QPR on 16:37 - Jul 9 by davman

Did we though? Seven years of wages, say average of £6k per week = £2.1m.

Just sayin'...

Arsenal has spent £605m since 2019 from just one division above us. Tells you everything you need to know about how broken football is.

Bet the Prem is really psd off with Luton and Sheff U's approach of taking the money and taking the relegation, but they are doing the right thing if they want scraps from the top table. We are just so, so far behind it all now. A few pennies "profit" on any one of our players is worthless - it's Eze style sales or nothing and I know which way we are going...

Of course we made a profit on him!
We’d have had to have paid a wage to any keeper and would probably have had to pay to buy him as well.
Slavia Prague v QPR on 19:33 - Jul 9 with 1101 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Slavia Prague v QPR on 16:53 - Jul 9 by cyprusmel

Brighton, another team to have done well from nowhere, I remember watching them at the Withdean Stadium.
Now they have a New Stadium premier status and selling players for sums we could only dream about.
So many so called smaller teams have left us behind.

Football ebbs and flows.

I don’t think it’s a long term terminal situation.

We’re on the downswing, Brentford, Brighton, and Luton on the upswing. For everyone of those clubs there is a Reading, Bolton, and Wigan. Some of those even been in Europe since Big Brother was on telly now fighting it out below.

One thing Brighton and Brentford (and Luton very soon) did do right for sure, is invest in facilities and not player wages.

We are halfway there with a new training ground. That’s cause for optimism but don’t be surprised if it the best training ground in League One next season.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 20:41]
Slavia Prague v QPR on 20:57 - Jul 9 with 912 viewsBushRanger82

Slavia Prague v QPR on 08:35 - Jul 9 by connell10

Why don't they just scrap FFP and just say that a owner can spend as much of their own money on a club , BUT when said owner leaves the club they have to pay off any debt incurred under their reign. Thus leaving the football club debt free.

There's the answer.
A simple solution that would see an end to this downward spiral we're trapped in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024