Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon away freindly tickets 16:01 - Jul 14 with 1928 viewslosethedrum

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/tickets-wimqpr-200623/

If there was ever an indicator that football clubs are killing themselves this is a prime example .
Initial allocation of 1450 sold out , have another 247 ... sold out , have another 165 ...sold out here have another 209 but thats it no more for you we dont want your money end of .
All the clubs claim foootball is nothing without the fans yet many continue to turn us away when all fans want is to attend games & support the clubs.
The stadium holds 9200 so even if 5k wombles rock up for this that still leaves 2200 empty that is a lot of segregation .
Wimbledon away freindly tickets on 17:24 - Jul 14 with 1790 viewsToast_R

They're probably kicking themselves that they didnt charge more than £10 adults and £1 for u17s.

Bit of a story - in 2021 my brother and I for nostalgic reasons having grown up in Merton, decided we'd visit the new Plough Lane and bought ourselves two tickets for their home match v Sheff Wednesday. As bad luck would have it, I came down with Covid that following week at a time when coming down with Covid was an ordeal and you would have the NHS phoning regularly to make sure you were doing your 10 days of isolation... so I couldnt go.

I tried phoning the Don's box office to see if they would exchange my tickets for the next home match v Wigan where by which time, I'd be Covid free and served my time in isolation. However, the sods would never answer the phone which would ring out before diverting to an answer machine somewhere. Multiple times later, I thought I'd give their corporate events team a go and tried to explain my predicament to them. They said can't really help but would be happy to leave a message for their match ticketing box office to call me.

Eventually I get this call from some lad who sounded like he'd been on the Rastafarian Old Holborn whilst running the AFC ticket office out of his bedroom. He proceeds to promise me he'd sort it all out and that I'd get an email to notify me that my online tickets had been updated. It all sounded rather like an empty promise at the time, akin to one of those chancers you'd meet in the street who needs to get to the hospital ASAP by taxi but lost his wallet... but he'd send you the money back if you just leave your address with him... yeah alright mate.

Of course this doesn't happen and I can't get hold go the box office again as the calls just go to voicemail somewhere. By this point the AFC v Sheff Weds match I have tickets for fast approaching and I'm out of ideas but not willing to forfeit my £50 worth of tickets. I scroll their website and notice there's an email address for "The Dons Trust" the real owners of the club. I write to tell them what's been going on and what a my predicament is and how poor their ticket office is etc. I get a call back from them that afternoon and within an hour it's all sorted and I have AFC v Wigan tickets. Wigan won 2-0, terrible match but a nice stadium (The day QPR were getting pumped away at Peterboro I seem to recall).

So, if you think QPR's box office is amateur, it's like bloody Harrods compared to AFC.
Wimbledon away freindly tickets on 21:39 - Jul 14 with 1617 viewsqpr_1968

many of our lot in there end, no problem,no trouble.

like the old days...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Wimbledon away freindly tickets on 21:47 - Jul 14 with 1599 viewsJuzzie

I remember when we played the pre season friendly at home to Celtic. Condition of the game was we gave them pretty much the whole ground.
Yes, we needed the money but it didn’t feel right. Maybe Wimbledon don’t want their fans to feel like they’re visitors in their own ground.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 21:53]
Wimbledon away freindly tickets on 02:49 - Jul 15 with 1439 viewsWesty75

Very easy to buy tickets in the other areas of the ground. Just got a couple for me and my little one. I’m sure a lot will be doing the same. All good.
Wimbledon away freindly tickets on 20:32 - Jul 15 with 1170 viewsActonExile

Wimbledon away freindly tickets on 21:47 - Jul 14 by Juzzie

I remember when we played the pre season friendly at home to Celtic. Condition of the game was we gave them pretty much the whole ground.
Yes, we needed the money but it didn’t feel right. Maybe Wimbledon don’t want their fans to feel like they’re visitors in their own ground.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 21:53]

it was getting a bit lively behind the loft that day, the old bill weren't too keen on stopping it as long as the cameras couldn't see it.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024