Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Tourism 10:58 - Jul 17 with 43898 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/16/huge-market-untapped-lack-of-vis

Already on its knees in recent years thanks to the Welsh Govts unnecessarily heavy Covid restrictions, refusal to deal with M4 congestion and seeming intention to actually make getting around in Wales even harder. To top that off we've still got the mooted tourist tax to come.

Is there anything in this country that they can't screw up?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Tourism on 21:23 - Sep 8 with 840 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 19:32 - Sep 8 by Boundy

and you know how that to be true ?

It was in the welsh govt announcement.

‘Purpose
The purpose of the levy is to raise additional revenue for local authorities to reinvest in the public services and infrastructure that make tourism a success.
Parts of Wales experience high numbers of seasonal visitors. Visitors make extensive use of public goods and infrastructure such as roads. A visitor levy would help fund localised costs from hosting visitors and enable additional public investment in tourism related infrastructure’.

Also a sustainable model, not the Brenda and Keith model.
It needs to suit Wales, not Brenda and Keith.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Tourism on 21:30 - Sep 8 with 834 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 18:58 - Sep 8 by onehunglow

The people with second homes spend money on local building maintenance materials.
Why would anyone see, to buy something from a shop with a sullen Gog sneering at them.
I’ve come across it myself so many times

Shirley you have met some attractive happy Goggs ?

All those female tv presenters called Nia would be a good place for you to start.
Or whatabout Vorders ?
Right up your street, Vorders i reckon ?

Paula Yates from your younger days ?

Or Aled or Owain ? We do not judge.

Welsh Tourism on 22:58 - Sep 8 with 789 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Congrats to Cardiff Council, after the ODI they decided to close the gate to Bute Park near the Holiday Inn. A couple of thousand of us wandering round the Park in the dark to get out at other gates.......you couldn't make this sh1t up.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Welsh Tourism on 23:06 - Sep 8 with 787 viewsOhyeah

Welsh Tourism on 21:23 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

‘Purpose
The purpose of the levy is to raise additional revenue for local authorities to reinvest in the public services and infrastructure that make tourism a success.
Parts of Wales experience high numbers of seasonal visitors. Visitors make extensive use of public goods and infrastructure such as roads. A visitor levy would help fund localised costs from hosting visitors and enable additional public investment in tourism related infrastructure’.

They may use infrastructure like roads but none of the money raised will go towards improving roads they have stopped all road building schemes...

Ask Lee "never had a proper job" Waters
Welsh Tourism on 07:41 - Sep 9 with 742 viewsBoundy

‘Purpose

Aghh right , so you now believe what politicians tell you . I think you'll find the truth will never be presented in any audit

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Tourism on 08:36 - Sep 9 with 733 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 07:41 - Sep 9 by Boundy

Aghh right , so you now believe what politicians tell you . I think you'll find the truth will never be presented in any audit

You asked me.
I told you.

The rest is just your normal middle aged white man howling at the moon routine.

Guessing is not the same as published government policy.

Welsh Tourism on 08:45 - Sep 9 with 729 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 23:06 - Sep 8 by Ohyeah

They may use infrastructure like roads but none of the money raised will go towards improving roads they have stopped all road building schemes...

Ask Lee "never had a proper job" Waters

Except thats not true ….

“Let me be very clear at the outset, we will still invest in roads. In fact, we are building new roads as I speak—but we are raising the bar for where new roads are the right response to transport problems. We are also investing in real alternatives, including investment in rail, bus, walking and cycling projects.”

So still spending on roads where needed.

Welsh Tourism on 09:43 - Sep 9 with 717 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 08:36 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

You asked me.
I told you.

You told me what you belive to be true ,which isn't always the truth sonny boy .

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Tourism on 09:46 - Sep 9 with 712 viewsBoundy

Welsh Tourism on 08:45 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

Except thats not true ….

“Let me be very clear at the outset, we will still invest in roads. In fact, we are building new roads as I speak—but we are raising the bar for where new roads are the right response to transport problems. We are also investing in real alternatives, including investment in rail, bus, walking and cycling projects.”

So where are those roads being built which are needed ,that wouldnt be the M4 by by pass ,you know the main arterial route into s Wales

Welsh Tourism on 10:18 - Sep 9 with 690 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 21:30 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Shirley you have met some attractive happy Goggs ?

All those female tv presenters called Nia would be a good place for you to start.
Or whatabout Vorders ?
Right up your street, Vorders i reckon ?

Paula Yates from your younger days ?

Or Aled or Owain ? We do not judge.

VordermN ,the embarrassing Botox filled clown who says she s never had any cosmetic jobs done,the foul mouthed troll doing whatever she can to stay relevNt as she reaches pensioners age.
Nope, I’ve not met a happy Gog,plenty of sneering language fascists though and Heddlu who actually love to ticket other serving Police Officers based in England.
I could relate a fascinating exchange I had ,about 20 yrs ago at The Ponderosa with a pair of Gog Police Motorcyclists who we measuring number plates in the Car Park whilst the punters spent their dosh inside.Nothing to do with bike safety .
I wasn’t keen on Welsh Police .
Still feel the same .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh Tourism on 11:28 - Sep 9 with 671 viewsWhiterockin

Welsh Tourism on 08:45 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

Except thats not true ….

Its true, there are road improvements in and around Cardiff, but not as much as the £750M minimum on the valley rail lines into Cardiff. So when the Senedd says spending in Wales he uses the term loosely, it all depends where you live.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Welsh Tourism on 13:55 - Sep 9 with 644 viewsSullutaCreturned

‘Purpose

Brenda and Keith are tourists, it's a tourst tax so logically it is the Brenda and Keith model.

The way you put it, we'd be forgiven for thinking governments never tell lies, change their minds or change their plans. Remember that Drakers claimed our NHS is underfunded when his government spends some of the Welsh NHS money on things besides our NHS. It's entirely possible at least some of this money is not spent where they say it will be.

Is it sustainable? I guess it is, as long as tourism stays at least at ts current levels. And what is going on besides the tax may have a negative impact. Time will tell.

The estimate for visits to Britain,

https://www.visitbritain.org/node/99

Wales gets about 1.1 million tourist visits, going by size we should be getting a lot more, mayvbe as much as 5 million visit but unfortunately we have great outdoors but not much in the way of attractions. Now Kilkenny can say Wales is not Disney but we know he hasn't a firm grasp of reality.

People don't come to Wales because there is little to do on a rainy day. How accurate is that statement?
Welsh Tourism on 14:03 - Sep 9 with 635 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 13:55 - Sep 9 by SullutaCreturned

Brenda and Keith are tourists, it's a tourst tax so logically it is the Brenda and Keith model.

The way you put it, we'd be forgiven for thinking governments never tell lies, change their minds or change their plans. Remember that Drakers claimed our NHS is underfunded when his government spends some of the Welsh NHS money on things besides our NHS. It's entirely possible at least some of this money is not spent where they say it will be.

Is it sustainable? I guess it is, as long as tourism stays at least at ts current levels. And what is going on besides the tax may have a negative impact. Time will tell.

The estimate for visits to Britain,

https://www.visitbritain.org/node/99

Wales gets about 1.1 million tourist visits, going by size we should be getting a lot more, mayvbe as much as 5 million visit but unfortunately we have great outdoors but not much in the way of attractions. Now Kilkenny can say Wales is not Disney but we know he hasn't a firm grasp of reality.

People don't come to Wales because there is little to do on a rainy day. How accurate is that statement?

WLes would get more if it didn’t insult visitors by either overcharging them or simply by being passively hostile

Welsh Tourism on 14:49 - Sep 9 with 601 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 08:36 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

You asked me.
I told you.

Published government policy is not the same as honesty or what actually will happen.

You'd think you may have learned that lesson by now.

Talking of howling at the moon, your throat must be very sore. When are any of your predictions going to come true?

Is Bojo in prison yet?
Welsh Tourism on 17:56 - Sep 9 with 590 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 14:49 - Sep 9 by SullutaCreturned

Published government policy is not the same as honesty or what actually will happen.

Talking of howling at the moon, your throat must be very sore. When are any of your predictions going to come true?

Is Bojo in prison yet?

Kelly’s alright

Scottish /Irish legend

Welsh Tourism on 18:06 - Sep 9 with 584 viewslifelong

Welsh Tourism on 14:03 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

WLes would get more if it didn’t insult visitors by either overcharging them or simply by being passively hostile

Most of the ante Wales posts from you are pretty dire but this one takes the top prize. Wales is passively hostile to visitors… bloody hell.
Welsh Tourism on 18:08 - Sep 9 with 587 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 17:56 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

Kelly’s alright

Scottish /Irish legend

Kelly!
Sorry
Killy

Welsh Tourism on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 584 viewsonehunglow

Moves afoot by business people to ban these taxes
Do we really need to screw the tourists
Was at a Cotswolds town last month and clearly prices in bars dearer for visitors
Absolute robbery
Here in west Wirral ,one cheeky bartud bar actually gave out loyalty cards for locals during the Open.

Welsh Tourism on 18:51 - Sep 9 with 569 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 17:56 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

Kelly’s alright

Scottish /Irish legend

Love the Waterboys. Fisherman's Blues is just brilliant. Great live too.
Welsh Tourism on 19:02 - Sep 9 with 560 viewsTogg

Welsh Tourism on 14:03 - Sep 9 by onehunglow

To be fair OHL I think people in South Wales Gower, Pembs etc are very welcoming. I can't comment on the North because I very rarely been there. Personally I go out of my way to help any non locals whether tourists , students and always push the virtues of the area. We need tourists/holiday makers as it's a huge part of our economy. Also many people knock students but the university is a massive employer in the Swansea area. Many of these come from wealthy backgrounds and have disposable income to spend in the area. Gone are the days when they would buy one drink and three straws and the novelty of nicking a striped cone and taking it back to your digs is well gone
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 19:04]
Welsh Tourism on 21:01 - Sep 9 with 527 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 19:02 - Sep 9 by Togg

To be fair OHL I think people in South Wales Gower, Pembs etc are very welcoming. I can't comment on the North because I very rarely been there. Personally I go out of my way to help any non locals whether tourists , students and always push the virtues of the area. We need tourists/holiday makers as it's a huge part of our economy. Also many people knock students but the university is a massive employer in the Swansea area. Many of these come from wealthy backgrounds and have disposable income to spend in the area. Gone are the days when they would buy one drink and three straws and the novelty of nicking a striped cone and taking it back to your digs is well gone

The people who eally aren't welcoming to tourists are the indy nat types who moan about the English coming to Wales. They love tourists from outside the UK (and those immigrants too) but English people coming to Wales, it's outrageous. Specially when they buy a house and come here to live.
Welsh Tourism on 21:37 - Sep 9 with 509 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Tourism on 14:49 - Sep 9 by SullutaCreturned

Is Bojo in prison yet?

Bannon ❌
Trump ❌
Johnson ❌
Le Pen ❌
Farage ❌

All predicted as night follows day.

The Americans have got the receipts and Trump is going down.
Lets see if Starmer sets the law to work on Johnson, clearly the Tories are not going to pursue him.
Even the corrupt Met Police cannot ignore the VIP lane for PPE kit to mates.

My faith in the Met evaporated when they turned a blind eye to party boy johnsons No10 antics.
Compromised now….?

Enrique Tarrio - jailed for 22 years. Leader of the Proud Boys.

Welsh Tourism on 21:41 - Sep 9 with 498 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Tourism on 21:37 - Sep 9 by Kilkennyjack

Bannon ❌
Trump ❌
Johnson ❌
Le Pen ❌
Farage ❌

All predicted as night follows day.

The Americans have got the receipts and Trump is going down.
Lets see if Starmer sets the law to work on Johnson, clearly the Tories are not going to pursue him.
Even the corrupt Met Police cannot ignore the VIP lane for PPE kit to mates.

My faith in the Met evaporated when they turned a blind eye to party boy johnsons No10 antics.
Compromised now….?

Enrique Tarrio - jailed for 22 years. Leader of the Proud Boys.

Well people who know better than me still say Trump won't got to jail but personally, I think he will.

You have to be right one day, eh!
Welsh Tourism on 21:49 - Sep 9 with 494 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 19:02 - Sep 9 by Togg

Toggle.
I mainly comment from a north Wales perspective.
North and south Wales are utterly different .
Most south walians,back in the day,never ventured north at all.
Why would any Swansea person want to go north for leisure anyway .

Welsh Tourism on 21:50 - Sep 9 with 493 viewsonehunglow

Welsh Tourism on 21:01 - Sep 9 by SullutaCreturned

The people who eally aren't welcoming to tourists are the indy nat types who moan about the English coming to Wales. They love tourists from outside the UK (and those immigrants too) but English people coming to Wales, it's outrageous. Specially when they buy a house and come here to live.

They you go Toggy.
Read that beaut

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024