Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When ex-players manage your club 16:12 - Aug 7 with 1551 viewsYorkRanger

Those players who become legends often seem to retain that status because they leave the club before their reputations become tarnished but that never seems to be the case for managers. The current position with GA left me reflecting on whether any manager ever leaves the club whilst at the height of his achievements. Looking back great players for the club who become managers always seem to end up with reputations damaged by the process, perhaps to a greater or lesser extent and admittedly often due to circumstances outside their control (largely financial) - Francis, Wilkins, Waddock, Holloway to name a few. I can't think of any exceptions to that principle at Rangers, any offers?
When ex-players manage your club on 16:18 - Aug 7 with 1506 viewsterryb

I would have said that Gerry francis didn't lose his reputation, although he probably shouldn't have returned.

Alec Stock & Terry Venables are certainly still well regarded!
When ex-players manage your club on 16:25 - Aug 7 with 1483 viewsYorkRanger

When ex-players manage your club on 16:18 - Aug 7 by terryb

I would have said that Gerry francis didn't lose his reputation, although he probably shouldn't have returned.

Alec Stock & Terry Venables are certainly still well regarded!

Venables is a good shout Terry, although I suspect when he decided to leave he probably wasn't on many christmas card lists. I need to brush up a bit on Stock!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024