Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Night 11:38 - Aug 17 with 2561 viewssandsofporto

Have not posted for a long time but always read the posts and their has been a lot of negativity recently which i understand.

However I have to say went to the game last night and took my 8 year old son with me. We thoroughly enjoyed the game last night (obviously not the result) and it is one of the most enjoyable matches i personally have seen in a long time. The players last night did us proud they played with pride and really made the effort which is the minimum requirement. They played some nice stuff ( not like the garbage against Watford, what was that about) The left back Lareche really impressed me as did Dixon Bonner and Stephen Duke McKenna, really liked polli when he came on bit lightweight but was up for it. Field was outstanding.

Come on Urrrrrrs
If these boys can get more game time i think they will come on leaps and bounds which is great.

Last Night on 12:26 - Aug 17 with 2309 viewsNov77

I didn’t go last night, but listened to the commentary on bbc London. It sounded an awful game, (Paul Parker didn’t want it to go to penalties as he wanted to get home).

I looked at the stats, 37% possession and 1 shot on target, saw the highlights that our media team put out, it seemed to be all Norwich. Was genuinely surprised to read all the positive comments on the match thread, what did I miss? Is it just that expectations are so low now that we’re relieved the expected thrashing didn’t happen?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Last Night on 13:10 - Aug 17 with 2105 viewsRanger_1969

Last Night on 12:26 - Aug 17 by Nov77

I didn’t go last night, but listened to the commentary on bbc London. It sounded an awful game, (Paul Parker didn’t want it to go to penalties as he wanted to get home).

I looked at the stats, 37% possession and 1 shot on target, saw the highlights that our media team put out, it seemed to be all Norwich. Was genuinely surprised to read all the positive comments on the match thread, what did I miss? Is it just that expectations are so low now that we’re relieved the expected thrashing didn’t happen?

The big difference last night, for me, was work-rate and desire.

You'd think they were basic ingredients that should be there every game, except.....well, let's just say it's been a while!

Quality was lacking for sure but considering we had 7 or 8 academy players on the pitch at various times and Norwich were able to bring on premier league players like Sergeant and Barnes - it's not altogether surprising. I enjoyed the game and that performance from many of whom (I hope) will be our second string this year has left me feeling a little more positive. (Albeit admittedly, with lower expectations than previous seasons).
Last Night on 14:03 - Aug 17 with 1932 viewsRs_Holy

Watching the post match GA interview from last night has left me a tad concerned.

He seems delighted with the performance and the contribution of some of the younger players, So much so that maybe he is thinking that he can call on their services this season at some point?

But sometimes he needs to be a bit more of a poker player in these situations?
Contrast his approach and that of Harry Wheeler Dealer Redknapp when he was at QPR... If in charge for last nights game we would have only have had 5 on the bench and 2 of those would have been goal keepers.... "Well its Ard Init... ".
Last Night on 14:11 - Aug 17 with 1883 viewsdaveB

Last Night on 14:03 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

Watching the post match GA interview from last night has left me a tad concerned.

He seems delighted with the performance and the contribution of some of the younger players, So much so that maybe he is thinking that he can call on their services this season at some point?

Contrast his approach and that of Harry Wheeler Dealer Redknapp when he was at QPR... If in charge for last nights game we would have only have had 5 on the bench and 2 of those would have been goal keepers.... "Well its Ard Init... ".

I think I prefer what Ainsworth did, give a few kids a chance and be positive about them
Last Night on 14:23 - Aug 17 with 1810 viewsTheChef

And we're no longer in the position when Redknapp was here, to just go out and buy a few players with the spare cash we had swilling around.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Last Night on 14:55 - Aug 17 with 1636 viewsBoston

Last Night on 12:26 - Aug 17 by Nov77

Sorta. But, it seems we're not as thin in depth as we thought we were.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Last Night on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 1360 viewskensalriser

Last Night on 14:03 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

It was largely what was done during Redknapp's tenure that's responsible for our current FFP situation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024