Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio 2 In The Park 17:15 - Sep 18 with 930 viewsslmrstid

Did anyone catch any of it over the weekend?

Being in Leicester it's probably the biggest thing to happen in our city since Leicester won the Premier League in 2016. I went both days, I can't say I'd have a huge interest in the line up anywhere else but Victoria Park is a 30 minute walk from my house, and Leicester just never has big events like this (first time BBC have done something big there since 2001) so how can you pass up the opportunity?

As ever when you're seeing acts in their twilight years, there's some hits and there's some misses but the weekend overall was fantastic, great to see the city absolutely buzzing. Feels proper smalltime to be so excited about the BBC coming to Leicester but then this isn't London where we have cool stuff happening all over the place all the time

It did mean I missed Saturday's game but to be fair I probably dodged a bullet in the end. I'll be back down for Swansea tomorrow...
Radio 2 In The Park on 18:01 - Sep 18 with 849 viewsHantsR

Listened to some of it whilst idling in a traffic jam on the A316, and driving home after the match - as you say, some hits and some misses but not bad.

Speaking of Leicester, I was dismayed at Hampshire snatching defeat from the jaws of victory over Leicester in the cricket at Trent Bridge! Anyway, well done Leicester.

I also got caught up in the football traffic on Friday evening after Leicester had given Saints a good seeing-to!

Mrs Hants is from Leicester and first son was born there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024