Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Pub? 12:08 - Oct 2 with 3933 viewslondonscottish

Not sure yet whether heading straight there from Headingly or meeting folks in the city centre first (in which case there are tons of places to go).

Anyway, what do other people do?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Leeds Pub? on 13:00 - Oct 2 with 3383 viewsEsox_Lucius

The peacock is always popular and right by the ground.

The grass is always greener.

Leeds Pub? on 13:11 - Oct 2 with 3367 viewsNorthernr

The arches under the station are usually the best bet and get a cab out. Everything within spitting distance of the ground is fcking abysmal.
Leeds Pub? on 15:33 - Oct 2 with 3252 viewslondonscottish

Thanks.

Leeds Pub? on 15:35 - Oct 2 with 3246 viewslondonscottish

Leeds Pub? on 13:11 - Oct 2 by Northernr

The arches under the station are usually the best bet and get a cab out. Everything within spitting distance of the ground is fcking abysmal.

Yeah looks like we'll start round that way as two us are heading in from Headingly, the others are just south the city - that's the area well probably aim for.

You doing this one?

Leeds Pub? on 16:08 - Oct 2 with 3184 viewsHayesender

Fair play to all of those going to Leeds Wednesday. You deserve a medal or sectioning

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Leeds Pub? on 17:10 - Oct 2 with 3123 viewslondonscottish

Leeds Pub? on 16:08 - Oct 2 by Hayesender

Fair play to all of those going to Leeds Wednesday. You deserve a medal or sectioning

I'm framing it as a mid-week family pissup in a great city with a game of football attached.

My son's just started uni there and two of his cousins have recently started jobs there so there are four of us...

There will be three hours of fun before the game and two after. And, anyway, The match part can't possibly be any worse than Saturday, can it?

Can it??

Leeds Pub? on 18:23 - Oct 2 with 3034 viewsqpr_1968

going up tomorrow, will probably look round for a decent pub match day, but the arches looks the favourite.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Leeds Pub? on 18:31 - Oct 2 with 3020 viewsqueensparker

Leeds Pub? on 17:10 - Oct 2 by londonscottish

I'm framing it as a mid-week family pissup in a great city with a game of football attached.

My son's just started uni there and two of his cousins have recently started jobs there so there are four of us...

There will be three hours of fun before the game and two after. And, anyway, The match part can't possibly be any worse than Saturday, can it?

Can it??

Went to university in Leeds myself in the dim and distant past - give my love to The Original Oak and Skyrack in Headingley, spent a lot of studying time in those fine establishments

Can only echo that the area round Elland Road is a proper dump
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Pub? on 18:40 - Oct 2 with 3007 viewsqpr_1968

Leeds Pub? on 18:31 - Oct 2 by queensparker

Went to university in Leeds myself in the dim and distant past - give my love to The Original Oak and Skyrack in Headingley, spent a lot of studying time in those fine establishments

thats where i;m staying, beaston to be exact.....cant get no worse than that.

but a good win and a few pints will block all that out.....hopefully.

the things we do for love...

Leeds Pub? on 19:23 - Oct 2 with 2959 viewsqueensparker

Leeds Pub? on 18:40 - Oct 2 by qpr_1968

thats where i;m staying, beaston to be exact.....cant get no worse than that.

but a good win and a few pints will block all that out.....hopefully.

the things we do for love...

Had a couple of mates that lived in Beeston. Dunno what it’s like now but in the early 90s it looked like something out of a WW1 documentary about industrial northern slums. Outdoor bogs, clotheslines across the street, whippets, the lot. They used to get turned over on a regular basis and buy their stuff back from the local pub, all very civilised. Think rent was 15 quid a week.

Going all in mate!
Leeds Pub? on 20:36 - Oct 2 with 2903 viewslondonscottish

Leeds Pub? on 18:31 - Oct 2 by queensparker

Everyone I know that's ever gone has raved about it.

Leeds Pub? on 21:23 - Oct 2 with 2865 viewsRangersw12

We've sold 650 tickets so far 👏👏👏
Leeds Pub? on 21:32 - Oct 2 with 2848 viewsqueensparker

Leeds Pub? on 20:36 - Oct 2 by londonscottish

Everyone I know that's ever gone has raved about it.

Leeds was a brilliant place to be young, loved it. Music, clubs, people were all first class back then and hope it’s still the same now.

If you’re up in Headingley and heading in the direction of the city centre you could even try a truncated version of the famous Otley Run pub crawl down Woodhouse Lane into town. I don’t reckon you’ll remember much of the game but might be a blessing….
Leeds Pub? on 21:46 - Oct 2 with 2825 viewshantssi

If in the city centre, get yourself into Whitelocks, on of CAMRA’s top 10 pubs in England (UK?).
Leeds Pub? on 21:52 - Oct 2 with 2812 viewsqpr_1968

Leeds Pub? on 21:23 - Oct 2 by Rangersw12

very good....

Leeds Pub? on 00:24 - Oct 3 with 2713 viewsNorthernr

Leeds Pub? on 21:23 - Oct 2 by Rangersw12

Legitimately insane.
Leeds Pub? on 05:02 - Oct 3 with 2651 viewsWA_Hoop

The Drysalters towards the bottom of Elland Road was always my choice but I believe it closed last year.
Leeds Pub? on 07:30 - Oct 3 with 2613 viewslondonscottish

Leeds Pub? on 21:46 - Oct 2 by hantssi

If in the city centre, get yourself into Whitelocks, on of CAMRA’s top 10 pubs in England (UK?).

My son and his cousins were in there last week :-)

Leeds Pub? on 07:32 - Oct 3 with 2611 viewslondonscottish

Leeds Pub? on 21:32 - Oct 2 by queensparker

Leeds was a brilliant place to be young, loved it. Music, clubs, people were all first class back then and hope it’s still the same now.

If you’re up in Headingley and heading in the direction of the city centre you could even try a truncated version of the famous Otley Run pub crawl down Woodhouse Lane into town. I don’t reckon you’ll remember much of the game but might be a blessing….

The Otley Run was in full swing when I was up there a couple of weeks ago. Mental.

My nephews did it recently in a group which featured Freddy Mercury, Elton John and Ringo Starr.

Leeds Pub? on 07:55 - Oct 3 with 2587 viewsNorthantsHoop

Fair play to you all going to this game, especially with the rail strikes. Who knows what Rangers side will turn up, but not expecting much from this one, it might be best to stay in the pub.
Leeds Pub? on 09:40 - Oct 3 with 2510 viewsTheChef

Leeds is a great city (although I would say that as Mrs Chef is from there), vibrant place with lots going on and beautiful countryside on its doorstep.

Not been back to Elland Road though since that 6-1 defeat...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Leeds Pub? on 11:14 - Oct 3 with 2446 viewslondonscottish

Leeds Pub? on 07:55 - Oct 3 by NorthantsHoop

Fair play to you all going to this game, especially with the rail strikes. Who knows what Rangers side will turn up, but not expecting much from this one, it might be best to stay in the pub.

I promised my son we'd do it if I could get the tickets.

Unfortunately there was a large allocation and no need for loyalty points.

F8kc........

Leeds Pub? on 13:50 - Oct 3 with 2342 viewskomradkirk

I'm on a lonely pint trip over from Belfast for this one , ground ticking exercise.Cant believe i've never been.
Leeds Pub? on 14:00 - Oct 4 with 2087 viewsRangersw12

Mental support
Leeds Pub? on 16:43 - Oct 5 with 1856 viewslondonscottish

In the end we all congregated in the Water Lane Boathouse as that was the easiest for the 3 Leeds residents coming from different parts of town. Got a local cab to the ground from there - 10 mins.

Long walk back into the city after the game then an Uber over to the Skyrack in Headingley.

Didn't let the football spoil a good night out :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024